+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 35 FirstFirst ... 181920212223242526272829303132333435 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Miss USA and Miss Universe

Re: Miss USA and Miss Universe

I was surprised how many Europeans made it through, but I'm bummed that my pick, Miss India, didn't make it through. I am obsessed with her look.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

I'm cheering for Miss South Africa, I hope she makes it, top five is coming up soon...its almost guaranteed America and Venezuela are gonna make it, most of their contenders do...but I hope South Africa and maybe...France goes through...we'll see...

I read Miss Australia is one of the favorites. Looking at pictures, a lot of them seemed to look similar.

Australia made it, top five were Dominican Republic, Kosovo, Venezuela, Puerto Rico, and Australia

Puerto Rico for me had the best answer by far...Venezuela had a good answer too...

Poor Miss Kosovo and her difficult question/translation....the other two had kinda weak answers, at this point, I think Miss Puerto Rico or Venezuela has it.

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

I wish they would make all of the questions asked to the final 5 be on the same level. I mean answering something about mandatory HIV testing is a little more complicated than answering whether being beautiful has helped or hurt you.

Quote Originally Posted by WrigleyDogA2;3676211;
    I wish they would make all of the questions asked to the final 5 be on the same level. I mean answering something about mandatory HIV testing is a little more complicated than answering whether being beautiful has helped or hurt you.
    I agree! They should make it the same question for everyone, if I remembered correctly, they use to do that! They had all the contestant wear headphones while they took turns answering the question.

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

She dropped the crown! Hysterical!

Miss Universe 2009 is once again Miss Venezuela!

I think it was mentioned that it was a first in Miss Universe history that they had the same country win twice in consecutive wins...just a random interesting fact I guess lol

I'll be looking for clips of that later lol ^

Poor Kosovo-she would have won it had she done better on the interview. The poor thing had no idea what the question was about, not to mention she is only 18! I'd rather have had her win than Venezuela...again.

This indeed is the first Miss Universe where a country has kept a crown for two years, but the bigger thing is if a country can capture multiple crowns of the Big 3 (Miss Universe, Miss World, Miss Earth) or all of them. India took the big 3 (Miss Universe-Lara Dutta, Miss World-Priyanka Chopra, and Miss Asia-Pacific-Dia Mirza) in 2000, and in 1994 Sushmita Sen took Miss Universe and Aishwarya Rai (Bachchan) took Miss World. Also 1999-2000 was when India held the Miss World crown for two years. In 1972, Australia took the big pageants as well.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

+ Reply to Thread