+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Miss USA and Miss Universe

Re: Miss USA and Miss Universe

Quote Originally Posted by FireangelOne;3130194;
    Heh, Miss Dominican Replublic is going to get a major earful when she gets back. You know that mirrored dress she for for the evening gown competition? It was used some time ago by a past Miss Venezuela, and she decided to wear it instead of any one of three dresses made by Dominican designers in the Dominican Republic specifically for her!
    Oh, oh! And I didn't think the "dress" was that great anyway.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2;3130287;
    Oh, oh! And I didn't think the "dress" was that great anyway.
    That's the funniest part... pretty much everyone agrees!

Quote Originally Posted by KinmokuPrincess;3129940;
    my biggest issue is that the same countries always end up in the top 15 and so fourth...its always the same countries!!!

i think this was discussed before, but i really hate that the same countries get called to be in the top when they are SO many other deserving contestants that should progress instead of the same ones!
    I agree. Last year's win by an Asian nation was a rarity.

The South American countries do take the pageants more seriously. I've read articles about plastic surgery is an even bigger business down there than here in the states. There isn't any stigma to it, either, especially in Brazil. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or bad, but there it is.

I read Miss USA's account of the fall and she sounds so well grounded. I think she'll do the best, in the long fun, of all the contestants from last night.
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

Ugh, I missed it!

But wow, Miss USA is becoming a YouTube sensation... again! I feel bad for Crystle. This (and Rachel, the Miss USA that reigned before her) will forever be remembered for falling on the Miss Universe stage.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

FORT Fogey

KinmokuPrincess, when you watch the preliminaries, you see that they are the most prepared ones and outperform the other candidates, thus they keep making it. should a girl be penalised because she is outdid someone else from another continent? No.

In USA, Texas pretty much always make it and guest what delaware has never made the top 15, reason: compare both delegate each year

Anyone else catch the show?

I was rooting for the homegirl. She came so close! With her loss, it ends California's streak of winning the title in each decade as none of the Miss California USAs this decade won (although there were quite a few first runner-ups). The only chance of keeping the streak alive is if the newly-crowned Miss USA goes on to win Miss Universe.

But oh well, Carrie wasn't that great anyway. She seemed a bit bitchy, and I know that that's the stereotype for pageant girls, but she took it to a new level. First off, there was a video on the Miss USA website where she, with Miss Hawaii USA, started to gossip about the other girls. And it wasn't in a sense-of-humor kind of way; it was pretty catty. Then, after being called into the top 5, she didn't go on to hug her fellow competitors who also made it. That doesn't seem so bad typing it up right now, but it was when the girls who were called before her all made an effort to congratulate each other. She didn't.

Her answer to Perez's Final Question (the one about legalizing gay marriage) was very honest though. I don't agree with her on the subject, but I still respect her for being very brave in actually choosing to say her honest opinion in front of the judges and the audience. And let's be honest here, the pageant world if full of gay people. She knew what she was getting herself into right after Perez stated his question.

Anyway, congrats North Carolina!
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

I really liked Miss NC from the beginning and felt the judges picked the right girl. Did you see Perez's face when Miss California gave her statement about gay marriages? I know he did not like what she said. I wonder how many other judges scratched her off their list after that statement. Although I don't agree with Miss California, I do agree with CrossingGuard that she was brave to say how she felt in front of all those people!

FORT Fogey

I think she lost before she didn't seem approchable.The other girls were quiet friendly to each other from the way they reacted on being called top 15, 10 and 5. Well it's not a friendly competition.

I live NC and thought she was great, was rooting for Ca until top 10, i started having a bad vibe about her.

^ I agree with everything that was said! Miss Calif might have gotten it if not for her honest answer- she should have sugar coated it more, equal rights and so on, but she was pretty to the point...but I agree she might have personality issues..:nono
    Miss NC seems like a good one, although Miss Texas was far and away my first choice...Miss NC seems very sweet, and I know the Trump people are super concerned about attitude issues these days- the Tara Conner mess puts a lot of pressure on them to have sweet, friendly girls representing the pageant...

What's with all those fake boobs and blondes! Do the contestants go to the same plastic surgeon and hair stylists? I was rooting for Miss Kentucky and Miss Arizona (AZ's evening gown was not flattering, though) - at least they looked as if their packaging was real/original. I'm in California and wasn't rooting for Miss California at all.
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

+ Reply to Thread