+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 35 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Miss USA and Miss Universe

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Re: Miss USA and Miss Universe

My answer would've been that nowadays, kids have misplaced values where they can tell you and show you what an ipod is, what the Razr is and who Snoop Dog is but not point themselves out in a map.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

[Edit]

AmyLee answered...and in a clever way, too, showing that today's young people have an emphasis on the wrong things -- pop culture (Snoop Dogg) and materialistic products (iPod, Razr) -- but not geography (not being able to pinpoint the U.S. on a map).

I don't like Mario Lopez either. It's his personality, which just seems to insincere. He's a good looking guy, but that's not enough...
    Last edited by PhoneGrrrl; 08-31-2007 at 11:03 AM.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2553727;

AmyLee answered...and in a clever way, too, showing that today's young people have an emphasis on the wrong things -- pop culture (Snoop Dogg) and materialistic products (iPod, Razr) -- but not geography (not being able to pinpoint the U.S. on a map).
    Exactly!! Thank you Lois! Now where's my crown? Give me the crown!
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

I didn't even know the pageant was on! NBC should have advertised it better. I heard that NBC didn't renew Miss Teen USA for next year, so this is the final time it's playing on NBC. I wonder where it's gonna air now.

I missed a great moment. It's an internet phenomenon. I personally feel bad for the girl. How embarrassing is it to be on Miss Teen USA, a televised event, and have yourself answer a question so badly that it has everyone laughing? Ouch.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;2554571;
    Exactly!! Thank you Lois! Now where's my crown? Give me the crown!
    Here Amy Lee! You are now our Miss FoRt USA!

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;2554588;
    I personally feel bad for the girl. How embarrassing is it to be on Miss Teen USA, a televised event, and have yourself answer a question so badly that it has everyone laughing? Ouch.
    I am sure that all the U.S. Americans and everyone in South Africa and the Iraq are embarrassed for her, too. (Maybe the Donald told her she had to call Iraq "the Iraq"...)

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2554850;
    I am sure that all the U.S. Americans and everyone in South Africa and the Iraq are embarrassed for her, too. (Maybe the Donald told her she had to call Iraq "the Iraq"...)
    The Iraq.

Okay, now MTV is making fun of her. They have this new show about pageants, and they're using Miss Teen South Carolina's answer to promote it. At the end of her answer, they sarcastically write "She nailed it!" It just can't get better for her.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

I was flipping back and forth between foorball and the pageant that night, and caught the interview part-- I think my IQ dropped 10 points just listening to it. I thought S.C. was going to win until she answered. Some of the others weren't too great either, like N.C. I think answering that her biggest risk in life was snowboarding in Canada since the mountains were much steeper than in N.C.. I have heard some beauts in other pageants too, like some years back one being asked her opinion of affirmative action, and obviously having no idea what it was, painfully digging herself in deeper and deeper trying to answer it. But S.C. took the cake with that one... though I too feel sorry for her. At least it sounds like the attention from it may benefit her in the long run.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Link Here

Pageant Organizers To Miss England: Fatten Up Lass

LONDON, England (October 26, 2007) – In a shocking twist in the size zero debate, a healthy looking Miss England has been asked to load up on the curves before she hits the Miss World pageant this December.

Georgia Horsley, an English 20-year-old, was asked by pageant organizers to put pounds on her frame in hopes of giving her a better chance at the Miss World competition in China.

“Basically, the Miss World Organizers promote healthy eating. They want their girls to be more voluptuous and curvy and womanly rather than the stick-thin, size zero models,” Horsley told “Today’s” Meredith Vieira about the request to fatten her up.

Horsley however, is not size zero. In fact, she confirmed on “Today,” that she is about an American size 4. So why have they asked her to add to her frame?

“I’m not stick thin at all. Unfortunately I’ve just got more of an athletic, boyish figure rather than the hourglass figure that some women have and they’re just seeing if I can put a bit of weight on and it might give me those curves,” Horsley explained.

Miss England told Meredith she wasn’t offended by the suggestion, but she was surprised.

“I was a little bit shocked,” Horsley admitted. “Personally, I don’t think I’m too fat, I don’t think I’m too thin. I’m happy with the way I am. I can understand why more curvy women are liked better, because obviously it promotes a much more healthy image for the Miss World competition. I’d probably have been a bit more hurt if they told me to lose weight.”

The pretty blonde says she plans on packing on the pounds by eating “healthy fats” including nuts, avocado and oily fish. She noted that for her, a request to amplifying her figure was far better than if they’d asked her to chop her locks.

“If it was something ridiculous, like if they asked me to chop all my hair off I’d be like ‘No! I’m happy with how I look,’” she said. “I don’t think this is anything major, they’ve just asked me to put on a few pounds.”
    Its about time some of them girls get some meat on their bones!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Ad Astra Per Aspera homeontherange's Avatar

Well, Miss England, in my world a Size 4 IS stick-thin!
    I'm glad they are trying to promote a healthier image.

FORT Fogey

Fatten Up Lass
    that's funny

+ Reply to Thread