+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Miss USA and Miss Universe

Re: Miss USA and Miss Universe

I'm on the floor laughing with you, bbnbama and Carla. I never even watch pageants (despise the message they send), but this made the regular news so had to go watch the video at TMZ. Oh my gawd, this was the best comedy piece of the year so far.

And when Mario Lopez, who's no brain himself, had a hard time keeping a straight face at her answer, you KNOW there's trouble right here in river city! And what made it even funnier is you can see on her face that she thinks she's giving a very insightful and intelligent answer. You can't write stuff this funny... priceless!
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

FORT Fogey

I like Mario Lopez. He has had a lengthy career and has been able to make that transition from "child star" very well.

I think Miss South Carolina has just broken the code of the ancient Buddhist question of "what is the sound of one hand clapping"?!! Brilliant!! Her high school must be so proud!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2548383;

And when Mario Lopez, who's no brain himself, had a hard time keeping a straight face at her answer, you KNOW there's trouble right here in river city! And what made it even funnier is you can see on her face that she thinks she's giving a very insightful and intelligent answer. You can't write stuff this funny... priceless!
    You can almost hear Mario saying to himself "I SO need to go home with this girl tonight"!!!!

FORT Fogey

how old is mario lopez? he still looks like a kid

Quote Originally Posted by jacobson00;2551700;
    how old is mario lopez? he still looks like a kid
    Mario López, Jr. (born October 10, 1973), so he's 33.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by BoBoFan;2551707;
    Mario López, Jr. (born October 10, 1973), so he's 33.

wow, he still looks like 24 yrs old. he looked older in his save the bell days than now.
    i personally have nothing against him but i simply don't like him

FORT Fogey

[Edit]

Miss Teen South Carolina was an idiot. Mentioning South Africa makes NO sense whatsoever--if she knew what she was talking about, she would've realized that it's the most developed of the African nations! I mean, hello; it was part of the G8 + 5!
    Last edited by PhoneGrrrl; 08-31-2007 at 11:29 AM.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mayukhers112;2551832;
    Miss Teen South Carolina was an idiot. Mentioning South Africa makes NO sense whatsoever--if she knew what she was talking about, she would've realized that it's the most developed of the African nations! I mean, hello; it was part of the G8 + 5!
    Unfortunately, I think many Americans just connotate the word "Africa" with poor...

I can understand her being nervous...and I can understand her not being particularly bright (though that doesn't necessarily make her dumb)...but instead of asking to have the question repeated (they are allowed to do that, right? It just cuts into their answering time), she just rolled along about something she had no idea about.

How old is she anyhow? 17? 18? That's old enough to be able to listen and comprehend...and shouldn't these girls have a pat answer to things they don't understand... something like, "Yes, it's unfortunate we're not all on a level playing field, but hopefully I can help change that as Miss Teen Beauty Queen" or whatever? Seriously, don't their pageant coaches teach them this?

FORT Fogey

well she is getting the last laugh, she is getting her own geography quiz show. This is the culture we live in today, how sad.

+ Reply to Thread