+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Katie Couric replacement

Katie Couric replacement

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

Meredith Vieira ? Wow, I have never liked her. But, I never liked Katie either and don't watch the show anymore. So I guess I don't have a dog in this fight.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    they mentioned that in this week's TV guide - interesting choice. I like her. now I'll have NO reason to watch the View!

I don't watch the Today Show, so I don't care. I have more of a problem with Katie Couric on a nighttime anchor desk than with Meredith Viera doing another morning show.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Well I love the Today show and Katie. I do not like Meredith. I am not happy.

MRD
    I LOVE Katie and the Today show. Happiest day of my life was when self-serving, pompous A$$ Bryant Gumbel left and they got Matt.

I don't know if I will like her doing the Nightly news, but I do think she will give it a good effort and I do think that eventually she can do hard news.

Meredith and Joy are the ONLY ones I like on the View which is why I don't watch it anymore. Can't stand Elizabeth and Star and Baba Wawa is just meh.

I"m going to miss Katie.

Katie, Matt and Al were a great trio and Ann on teh news desk. I was sad to hear it.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Oh, I do not want Katie Couric to replace Bob Scheifer. I want my Bob Schiefer, a legitimate newsperson. Dissapointing choice for me.
    Sometimes it is better to be kind than it is to be right

Well I didn't watch the Today show because I can't stand Katie Couric so that eliminates CBS news for me and I don't watch the view because of pretty much all of them so that eliminates the Today show again and well unless they replace Meredith with someone new and fabulous who isn't full of themselves then I probably won't watch the View still!

I would love to see the View get someone who actually has a different point of view than 4 liberals and one dingy conservative. How about a smart conservative who can think and stand up to Star and Joy and Barbara and isn't past menopause so that again it isn't 4to 1 in the age category.
    I would love to see Mary Maitlin or Ann Coulter that would be FUN! Whether you like their views or not it would be a blast to see someone smart and witty talk back to Star and Joy!

Not that I get the chance to watch the Today show very often, but I thought Campbell Brown would have been a much better choice... It seemed like they were grooming her for the job by having her on Weekend Today... Or Natalie Morales... I like her too...

The best thing about picking Meredith is that meant they didn't pick Ann Curry, who I can't stand...
    Ingorance killed the Cat... Curiousity was framed!

Quote Originally Posted by Brodie View Post
    Not that I get the chance to watch the Today show very often, but I thought Campbell Brown would have been a much better choice... It seemed like they were grooming her for the job by having her on Weekend Today... Or Natalie Morales... I like her too...

The best thing about picking Meredith is that meant they didn't pick Ann Curry, who I can't stand...
    except I do watch The Today Show in the mornings when I'm getting ready for work, and I've loved Matt, Katie and Al together. I couldn't stand Bryant and was thrilled to see him go. I was so hoping they'd pick Campbell or Natalie to replace Katie, but was thinking they'd probably choose Ann, so I was surprised when Meredith's name was being thrown about.

I've ALWAYS disliked Meredith, since back in the early 80's when I saw her interview an elderly couple who lost everything they owned due to a housefire. She at them over and over about how they horrible it was losing their children's photographs, their 40-year-old love letters between the two of them from WWII, heirlooms that had been handed down for generations, etc. This poor couple started out strong, but by the end were a crumpled tearful mass, and at that point, she turned back to the camera with a smile and said, "back to you..."

I was furious, and wrote a scathing letter (first and last) to whatever station it was at the time, and we never saw her again. My friends used to say I was responsible for getting her kicked off the air. Then of course, she resurfaced on The View. Gah.

I've loved The Today Show with the group they've had the last 10 years, so needless to say, I won't be watching anymore when the change takes place. I think Meredith is crude and crass...I don't need to be looking at her mug so early in the morning.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast