+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 60 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Love on HBO

Jealous wives and financial problems with the cult will not hold me forever. I want more
    ITA. Surely the financial issues between Bill & Roman will be settled this season and not go on forever, because I'm pretty sick of it already.

Dont wanna be fatesealed! meeka6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FireStorm View Post
    ITA. Surely the financial issues between Bill & Roman will be settled this season and not go on forever, because I'm pretty sick of it already.
    I agree. I think with Nicky along with the Middle Child Syndrome...she knows she the daughter of the most powerful man her immediate family has every known. I think deep down she feels as though she is Romans daughter she deserves everyone's respect. Not that she would outright pull that card, but she definitely goes around with this attitude and ability to manipulate and lie. I think its got to be genetic.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by meeka6 View Post
    I. I think its got to be genetic.
    Or the role model with whom she grew up?

FORT Fogey
    A huge problem is that we do not care about these characters. Not one of them inspires me to wish the best for them, or root for their plight. I don't care if Roman pushes Bill into financial ruin at all. They are both unlikable. The wives are weak and tools of some errant religious notion.

Let's at least see Margene sleep with the oldest wifes son or tell the neighbor her situation or go find boyfriend her age. Lets see Boss Lady give an ultimatum now that she has Bills attention. Ditch the other wives or I will leave. Something! Anything! But giving Roman 15% of his profits? Who cares?

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DJeterFan View Post
    In real life, though, the actress that plays Margene is 29! Suprising, huh? She has a very young-looking face, which works so well with that character.
    she looks almost exactly like my daughter in law, who will be turning 30 next month ... and who looks 15 herself.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogbat View Post
    A huge problem is that we do not care about these characters. Not one of them inspires me to wish the best for them, or root for their plight. I don't care if Roman pushes Bill into financial ruin at all. They are both unlikable. The wives are weak and tools of some errant religious notion.

Let's at least see Margene sleep with the oldest wifes son or tell the neighbor her situation or go find boyfriend her age. Lets see Boss Lady give an ultimatum now that she has Bills attention. Ditch the other wives or I will leave. Something! Anything! But giving Roman 15% of his profits? Who cares?
    Gee dogbat, why do you even watch?

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by karna68 View Post
    Gee dogbat, why do you even watch?
    I know. I usually wonder why posters blast a show yet continue to watch, too. Since it is new I am giving it a chance to get rolling. HBO usually comes through with great programing so I hold hope. Something is calling me back and it may just be the unique theme.

I really like this show. I just wish it put a little less focus on the wives' bickering (not that that isn't entertaining) and more time on the kids, and how much pressure there is growing up in a family where you have to keep your whole way of life a secret. Also, they should talk more about the cult, and how the wives of polygamists many times are forced to keep having children. But also watching the 4/23 episode, I could not believe Nikki had spent 58,000 dollars.......wtf*** is wrong w/ hur?....I can't wait for Bill to find out and kick hur sorry a** out.
    I wish you had a favourite beauty spot that you loved secretly/'Cos it was on a hidden bit that nobody else could see/Basically, I wish that you loved me/I wish that you needed me/I wish that you knew when I said two sugars, actually I meant three. - Kate Nash, "Nicest Thing"

When is Nicki going to tell Bill about her $58,000 debt? Anytime this century? Geez ,hurry up already. I doubt he kicks her out when he finds out, perhaps he'll make her get a *gasp* job to pay it off?

What's the deal with Alby? Is he gay or just totally mental?

I was wondering what was up with Alby too. There's something not right about that boy, which I mean, when you look at the rest of that family, isn't too surprising. There's something wrong with all of Roman's children. Alby, Nicki, etc.

I can't believe that she's kept it from Bill, but at the same time, I can't believe that he can live with her with what Roman is doing. I don't know, I would have a pretty hard time if my future husband's father was so domineering and pretty much intent on ruining my life.

+ Reply to Thread