+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 60 FirstFirst ... 545464748495051525354555657585960 LastLast

Thread: Big Love on HBO

Re: Big Love on HBO

OMG … what a night … omg … Big Love is so going to make us miss it sooooo much now with this final season …

What an amazing night … Nikki, once again award worthy performance. I believe she has received a 'Golden Globe' for BL.

Ginnifer Goodwin stated on Regis & Kelly before the season started that "this will be one amazing season' … they have not disappointed us.

KAREN

It would seem that the natural thing to do, if he doesn't go to prison, is to return to Juniper Creek and take over as the next prophet. What would then happen to Barb? Would Marge be happy living there? Would Nicki want to go back after what she has endured to get away from that place?

I wonder if the ending will have a terrestial flare? Will they go into the future and show how they are together in the afterlife? I recall the feeling I got when they showed the scene of Barb in the Temple when she was baptized. IT was so surreal. Maybe a Six Feet Under ending wouldn't be a bad idea for this show. The writers may consider it "already done" though.

I was left wondering just how the heck are they going to end this season/series?! Instead of it seeming to slow down it seems to be just gearing up.

I wonder how it will end too. I read a summary from HBO yesterday, but it was from a poster, not the exact site, so I can't link it. I wish I could. I visit their site, but it is very unfriendly and I could not locate it. Anyway, it seemed to say that
    Click to see Spoiler:
    the wives would follow their passions and that Bill would receive a revelation on his future
    . I'll provide more details if I can find the link.

I watched Season 1 over the last week...and I have to admit...that I miss the show the way it was back then.

Watching now it's completely different.

It has been so intense and at times crazy....that I miss the old days. Since it would never go back...I think it's just as well that's it's over.

I liked them all in the beginning...and now...not so much. For me they didn't change it for the better.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

I haved loved this show for years (last season notwithstanding). The development of the characters over time has been so interesting, and has kept me so engaged that I can never miss an episode. I am going to miss it, and I will probably watch it in reruns. (I still watch The Sopranos on A&E, The Tudors on BBC, Six Feet Under on HBO, and I still miss Rome - hope they run it again soon!)
    Last edited by Poppy Fields; 03-18-2011 at 12:49 PM.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

The "info" tag on DirecTV for the final show is: "When Men and Mountains Meet": The Henricksons brace for an uncertain future."

Hmmm. That doesn't sound as if things are going to be wrapped up very tightly.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    I haved loved this show for years (last season notwithstanding). The development of the characters over time has been so interesting, and has kept me so engaged that I can never miss an episode. I am going to miss it, and I will probably watch it in reruns. (I still watch The Sopranos on A&E, The Tudors on BBC, Six Feet Under on HBO, and I still miss Rome - hope they run it again soon!)
    I have watched and adored all of the things you like, but I have never seen The Tudors, which I suspect I would probably love, too.....and what is with The Sopranos that we just can't seem to break away? I, too, am still seeing that every time it is on. I am just fascinated by it. I, too, am ready for a rerun of Rome, and of Deadwood. HBO's Carnivale was also a definite favorite that wasn't given its proper run. HBO just needs to have a channel that shows nothing but their popular series reruns.

I think you are, officially, my sisterchick!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I have watched and adored all of the things you like, but I have never seen The Tudors, which I suspect I would probably love, too.....and what is with The Sopranos that we just can't seem to break away? I, too, am still seeing that every time it is on. I am just fascinated by it. I, too, am ready for a rerun of Rome, and of Deadwood. HBO's Carnivale was also a definite favorite that wasn't given its proper run. HBO just needs to have a channel that shows nothing but their popular series reruns.

I think you are, officially, my sisterchick!!!
    I think so, too, Shay!

I figured Bill would die....as he was the glue holding all the wives in place.

Wow.

+ Reply to Thread