+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 60 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657585960 LastLast

Thread: Big Love on HBO

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Re: Big Love on HBO

Loved Nikki's dress and Barb officiating! I wonder if it will turn out that Barb's internet license won't be recognized by the State of Utah - and, therefore, the wedding's invalid?

Love this show!
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

I can't believe they did a resealing without Barb, though. Even if Barb hadn't accidentally see it, doesn't that contradict their own beliefs? The whole thing was very hurtful.

I cannot fathom going from hardcore polygamist LDS to the Universal Unitarian church! They would welcome her, but it's a long way down the road from LDS for Barb.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I was really surprised that they had Stevie Wonder's music playing during the reception! "Livin' Just Enough For the City" and "If You Really Love Me", if I recall correctly. Leaving Barb out of the sealing was a shock, even though she had voiced reluctance at being sealed in a church that didn't welcome her. I was surprised that Margene went along with that. Bill has made more trouble for himself! I cracked up when Bill's mother was caught trying to shovel pills down Bill's dad's throat, while daddy was still out.

I'd like to see Barb get a makeover and come out looking as glamorous as we know she would. She's finally coming into herself, so why not? Seems like a logical step to me.

It's hard to believe that this is going away. I just wish it wasn't so long between the seasons. That was the only thing I didn't like about this show. I look forward to watching this episode again.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I was surprised Margene went along with the "resealing," too. To me, it just seemed like yet one more of Bill's "authority" plays. When confronted with the fact that they are all already "sealed," he had to cast doubt on that! Like, "OK, but it wasn't in MY church, so it can't be really valid." What BS! And dong it without Barb was the same as saying he didn't care if he spends eternity with her. What an ego! I can't wait for all this to bite him in his lame derriere.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

With Nicky saying a couple of episodes ago that Barb won't be satisfied until she's dead and gone (paraphrasing) I can't help but wonder if the finale will be Nicky trying to shoot Barb, missing and hitting Bill. Remember those guns for Christmas? There's only 3 or 4 more episodes left in the series.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Wow! That makes perfect sense, with the guns none of them wanted being the foreshadowing, and the fact that they seem to be carrying them regularly. You have to think they will be a plot point, and soon!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Wow!! Great points!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Is the painting behind Albie's desk of himself with a light around his head?
    Yup, with donuts!!

Buglover: I wondered the same thing. Although it would be hysterical, I thought I saw that Bill has one on his desk at Home Plus that looks just like himself with a ring of light around his head. It looks like Photoshop is all they need to make themselves "prophets". LOL

I just finished the latest episode and I swear it is definitely Albie with a light around his head in the picture!!!! Bwahahahahaha
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread