+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 60 FirstFirst ... 4142434445464748495051525354555657585960 LastLast

Thread: Big Love on HBO

Re: Big Love on HBO

I had the opposite reaction to this episode. Most of it felt like a chore to get through. I guess I never saw the reason for the big reveal after he was elected, so most of this episode I was thinking "what the hell did you expect" while everything around them crumbled.

I did laugh at Nicki going after that kid - that's so exactly like something she would do. I didn't see that twist coming at all that he was a child of the same sort of marriage.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

I think that last night's episode was much like a movie. The way the scenes closed out, the look of the film and sound quality. It all seemed very motion picture like. It was difficult to watch. Everyone seems to be at their low point. I must say that I like it much better than last season when everything was rushed through. I like time in each scene to see the characters reveal themselves, not rushed and just spouting out lines.

Did you see the previews? What happens to Anna? It looks as if she has an accident or something. Are they going to kill her off?

This is not a spoiler, but just an early guess. Do you recall the house leader who stepped down because of a drunk driving charge? Now Barb is drinking. I wonder if they are paving the way for Barb to get one too. Will that mean that Bill will have to step down because of it?

Where is Adilade? She came up out of the cellar. Where did she go? Niki didn't seem to be too concerned about her.

What is Albie going to do to Bill? I think he has totally lost it. This season is really going to be exciting. Since it's the final season, anything is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4150644;
    I think that last night's episode was much like a movie. The way the scenes closed out, the look of the film and sound quality. It all seemed very motion picture like. It was difficult to watch. Everyone seems to be at their low point.
    Thank you - that's a better way to put it, and I agree with you. It really stayed with me like a movie does as well.

I really feel for Margene in particular. She had her first taste of real independence and success, only to have her morals come into question. She doesn't seem to get how hiding their lifestyle was living a lie and really took that criticism personally. Where do you think they're going with the self-help guy? She seems ripe for that kind of re-programming.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat;4150674;
    Thank you - that's a better way to put it, and I agree with you. It really stayed with me like a movie does as well.

I really feel for Margene in particular. She had her first taste of real independence and success, only to have her morals come into question. She doesn't seem to get how hiding their lifestyle was living a lie and really took that criticism personally. Where do you think they're going with the self-help guy? She seems ripe for that kind of re-programming.

You're right. I think it's fair to say that Bill got to Margene when she was quite vulnerable too. She was starved for love, family and attention, so when she found that in Bill's home as a babysitter, she bought it hook, line and sinker. She was never really religious, just big on the family aspect of the Morman faith. Now, she's desperate again. I wonder if the family with Bill will be enough to keep Margene from going after this new, motivational man. I hope he's not dangerous. (Those Dexter fans will know what I'm talking about. LOL)

I think there have been enough affairs for the bunch. I believe in this final season of the series, we will see who will stay with Bill. Will Barb have a bout with alcoholism and then leave Bill? Will Margene rebuild her career and leave Bill? I can't see Niki ever leaving Bill. She's really the only true oldschool, Mormon wife he has IMO.

Where will Niki's mom go with her new baby? Is it JJ's baby?

Oh, and Niki's daughter? She's just like her mom. SNEAKY as can be.

Why do you think they sent Bill and Barb's younger daughter to live with Sara? They have tried to hide that girl for the last couple of seasons. Why?

I can't wait for next week. I know this season is going to fly by.

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat;4150600;
    I had the opposite reaction to this episode. Most of it felt like a chore to get through. I guess I never saw the reason for the big reveal after he was elected, so most of this episode I was thinking "what the hell did you expect" while everything around them crumbled.
    That exactly how I felt. I couldn't believe how draggy it felt. I was excited for it to start, but then everything was just so much a reminder of how sancitmonious Bill really is. Maybe, just maybe, his small glimmer of humility will be enough to redeem him.

I kept hitting the FF button on the remote thinking I was watching on demand. I was upset that it wouldn't go faster!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

I'm loving this season and I'm going to miss this show!
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    I'm loving this season and I'm going to miss this show!
    Oh, me too! It's so exciting. I make myself feel better by pretending they are going to make a few movies after the show ends, like Sex in The City I and II. LOL

What do you think of Barb? I'm confused how she feels like a priesthood holder but has started drinking. That's a major Mormon no-no. How can God be calling her to be a priesthood holder while she's sinning with the wine? LOL

I'm wondering if Rhonda's baby is Ben's. Remember how he popped up and asked her whose baby it was when she walked up at the food court? It seemed awkward.

I'm wondering if someone is going to be killed, like Bill or Albie.

Margene is really getting on my nerves. She is TOO immature and implusive. Her total lack of judgment and craziness has gotten too much. She is a huge liability, but Bill doesn't seem to care.

And Nikki.....oh my. She cracks me up. She told Barb, "Right now I feel like punching you right in the face!" LOL That girl is too much. I can understand why they want her to sign a prenupt, but she can't seem to win for losing. She is a firecracker, but I just love her character.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

I love Nikki, too. Despite her self-serving flaws, we know she'd prepared to go to the wall for her family. She thinks she's on a roll right now, but my guess is that she'll come around. She's my fave.

Barb's "priesthood holder" calling is firmly based in Christian gospel. Christians are all called to be priests, prophets, and kings. I imagine that she'll be leaving LDS, unless she finds an LDS cult that supports her calling. I kind of hope she will leave Bill in the dust (where he belongs .

Margene has been coming into her own for a while, I think. How adorable is she? A loose cannon, for sure. But one people will listen to.

And Ablie is a major threat. I can't wait to watch this unfolding!
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I love that everything is falling down around Bill's ears!! He's totally losing control. I am relieved to see the wives, except for Nicki (so far), coming into their own. I can see that Barb doesn't like that her son is being raised to see women as second-class citizens.

(Poppy, I'm glad to see that you got my PM! Thanks!!)
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread