+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 60 FirstFirst ... 4041424344454647484950515253545556575859 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Love on HBO

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Re: Big Love on HBO

I'm going to miss it, too. I've watched it from the beginning and I think that the character development has been superb. I can't wait for the next (and last) season premier in January
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

The season premiere is January 16th.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;4122599;
    The season premiere is January 16th.
    I can't wait.

Do you have a favorite episode? I used to love the character of Ronda. She was the 15 year-old that Roman wanted to marry. She was a total scheming child with a lot of spunk. I was sad to see her leave the show last season. I thought she was a good singer and loved the episode in which she sang "Happiest Girl in The Whole USA." I recorded it and watched several times. The writing in that episode was just perfect and the acting and singing added such a nice artistic touch. Do you remember it?
    Last edited by Debb70; 12-08-2010 at 02:58 PM.

I think I'm going to restart watching the show, from season 1 until now. I always have to do that with HBO series to get reconnected - a remember. I fall in love all over again each time too!

Quote Originally Posted by reneekk;4122732;
    I think I'm going to restart watching the show, from season 1 until now. I always have to do that with HBO series to get reconnected - a remember. I fall in love all over again each time too!
    Don't forget to post some of the highlights as you do. I'm sure I have forgotten some. Remember when Lois tried to kill her husband? That was funny!

Oh, my favorite is when Bill and his dad go casket shopping for his dad's second wife who died. They are shopping at a discount store like Sam's Club and his dad insist on getting the discounted floor model that has a dent in it! I cracked up.

This past season was my least favorite. IMO the writing was quite off and the characters did not act like themselves. It was so rushed that it was difficult to buy it. I'm trying to put that behind me and hope this season is better.

I think the final season starts tomorrow night.

Debb70, I completely agree. I think the last season's writing was kind of cringe worthy. Chloe forgot in big time trouble for saying so.
    Last edited by Poppy Fields; 01-15-2011 at 11:47 PM.

TONIGHT!!!
    KAREN

Big Love Episode: "Winter"-Jan. 16, 2011 Season 5, Episode 1
    Episode Synopsis: In the fifth-season premiere, the ugly aftermath of Bill's election victory---and revelation of polygamy---begins as the Henricksons suffer indignities in the schoolyard, at Home Plus and in the halls of the Utah state senate. Meanwhile, Alby returns to Juniper Creek from his exile in the desert.
    KAREN

Did anyone watch last night?

GREAT episode!!!
    KAREN

Loved this premiere episode. Bill might actually learn a little humility this season!

+ Reply to Thread