+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 60 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Love on HBO

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    Man, Nikki is so passive-aggressive and such the manipulator.
    What is up with her taking birth control and suggesting another baby just to get more time with Bill. At least that is how I took it. Then continually saying she wants another boy to Bill, but telling Barb that she wants a daughter for her. Yuck, she bothers me.

And Roman's 'wife in training' really creeps me out.
    Totally agree. I think Rhonda is creepy - and to see her with Roman and to think of them being married is really sick.

Nikki is trying to keep Bill away from Barb. She was saying, I'm taking my temp and need extra time with Bill on an as needed basis.

Dont wanna be fatesealed! meeka6's Avatar
    Im definitely in the missing Six Feet Under category. I am now totally digging this new show. It seems to be intricate and compelling in spite of its sometimes creepy premise. I just love margene and her innocence. She is just adorable...anyone else see a wierd attraction between her and the oldest son? I can totally feel the attraction and with him going through puberty and the two of them "chumming" around all the time, I just know something has to come of it. And I am sooooo glad Barb is on to Nikki's credit card problems. SOMEONE has to do something about this girl. She is so obviously twisted, if she keeps going with her manipulations the fact that she is Roman's daughter could be the deciding factor with Bill saying....Say La Vie (?) baby. I think he's about had it with that whole Juniper Creek business...and I swear its Roman trying to "kill bill"s dad not the whackjob second soon to be first wife...although she's MORE than capable IMHO. Overall Sunday is fantastic night for TV....but WTH happened to Grey's Anatomy last night? Thank God for DVR (our cable company's answer to TIVO)! I would absolutely wither into nothingness without it!!!

ETA YES Rhonda gives me the willies to no end!! Her voice is absolutely lovely, but she is a sick manipulator and will likely play a bigger role in the future. Her questions about Where is New York City? during her schooling session make me think she is aspiring for better things and will somehow use her position to get there, just like with the IPOD she snagged at the party when the opportunity presented itself...
    Last edited by meeka6; 04-17-2006 at 11:59 AM.

Can't believe Nikki is taking birth control and lying! Dang. The whole Roman thing creeps me out as well. He is like the evil character on Poltergeist, the man who lured people to their deaths!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Think outside of the box MissLibby's Avatar
    I love this show for all the subplots going on. Margene & the oldest son, Bill & Roman, Bill & Barb's affair, heck Bill and anyone.

Nikki is fascinating! I hate her for her manipulative ways and can't wait for her to get busted with the outrageous credit debt. She's a walking contradiction, just like her mom, with the decrying of materialistic things but with serious addictions like with Llagro figurines. Then I got a whole new respect when she stood up to Albie and defended her family.

Did anyone notice how bold Nikki was, confronting Albie with just a tee shirt and robe on, when normally she's buttoned up to her chin? I thought she knew exactly what she was doing by distracting him with her 'bra-less' look.

I'm very nervous for the family with that self-righteous manager woman at the store.

Think outside of the box MissLibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl View Post
    I have a friend who is related to the Lois Hendrickson character (Gracie Zabriskie), and I started taping the show for my friend & her family, (she does not have HBO) - but I am starting to get hooked on it, and am glad that I have started watching/recording it. I am finding it very funny. Gracie also appeared in the "Big Easy" and as the mom on "An Officer and a Gentlemen" - oh, and she recently was on the Medium in an episode.
    Lois is totally growing on me too. She's hysterical and last night's show, with her pain about not being the recognized first wife, was great. It's such a weird problem that I could never understand, yet I felt for her!

I subscribed to HBO just for this show. Directv was giveing a free preveiw the week Big Love started, and I was hooked after the first episode. I can't wait to see Nikki get caught in all her lies.

I offcially hate Nicki, that little game she's playing supposedly trying for a baby, then taking the pill is just creepy/sick..I didn't see that one coming.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by FireStorm View Post
    I offcially hate Nicki, that little game she's playing supposedly trying for a baby, then taking the pill is just creepy/sick..I didn't see that one coming.
    Nicki is realizing she's the least desirable wife. Barb is Bill's true love. Margeene is his hot and fun little number. Nicki is nothing but convenience.

My bf says Nikki is just like the middle child in any family, doing outrageous things to get attention, lying and sneaking. Sad. But really entertaining!
    Yup, with donuts!!

FORT Fogey
    I am not sure how much I like this show. I keep tuning in so there is something that calls me back. They had better think of some interesting plot lines and fast. Jealous wives and financial problems with the cult will not hold me forever. I want more.

+ Reply to Thread