+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 60 FirstFirst ... 323334353637383940414243444546474849505152 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Love on HBO

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

Re: Big Love on HBO

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3389752;
    I am willing to share my opinion with you, but why would you not know if "said" is the right word, and that "implied" might be more accurate?
    Well, I was trying to make a *subtle* point that not everything inside those walls is actually spoken in so many words - but attitudes, actions and ideas are implied. I guess I was trying to be delicate about it. But I like to read what you have to say about these things - I think you and I have some common interests in these types of tv shows and I value your opinion.

Just a few thoughts:

I think this was a wonderful episode. I just wish the season wasn't over. I'm so glad that Nikki has her daughter back. I hope Bill takes her back. I'm glad about Scott and Sarah but I hope they'll be OK and she'll still be able to go to school. I also hope Joey ends up OK but really, who would come after him. I mean, he basically did what Alby and Nikki were planning. I hate that Kathy was killed. She was so sweet and kind. Not many women would put up with Wanda. I don't know how Joey and Lois put up with her.

Also, I'm enjoying the insight of the Morman's here. I have been wondering what the Morman church's view was about this show. I did see a documentary on Dateline or some show like that about polygamy and they touched on what their view of the show was and that was interesting. The people on that show were very much like the Hendrickson's in that they lived in suburbia rather than on a compound and just seemed like "normal" (really though, what is normal?) people. The husband of one of the families seemed to be rather amused by the show and stated that he and his wives watched it faithfully.
    Last edited by stacerace; 03-23-2009 at 01:16 AM.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

Quote Originally Posted by stacerace;3389834;
    Just a few thoughts:

I think this was a wonderful episode. I just wish the season wasn't over. I'm so glad that Nikki has her daughter back. I hope Bill takes her back. I'm glad about Scott and Sarah but I hope they'll be OK and she'll still be able to go to school. I also hope Joey ends up OK but really, who would come after him. I mean, he basically did what Alby and Nikki were planning. I hate that Kathy was killed. She was so sweet and kind. Not many women would put up with Wanda. I don't know how Joey and Lois put up with her.

Also, I'm enjoying the insight of the Morman's here. I have been wondering what the Morman church's view was about this show. I did see a documentary on Dateline or some show like that about polygamy and they touched on what their view of the show was and that was interesting. The people on that show were very much like the Hendrickson's in that they lived in suburbia rather than on a compound and just seemed like "normal" (really though, what is normal?) people. The husband of one of the families seemed to be rather amused by the show and stated that he and his wives watched it faithfully.
    Im sorry too that it's over already. I feel it went by so fast.

Im very sure that Bill not only takes Nikki back...but welcomes her daughter into their family.
    As soon as he saw Barb clasp Nikki's hand...he offered the bread & water to both of them. To me...that shows his intentions to make it work.

I feel sorry for Joey...and really wasn't surprised that he was the one to kill Roman...rather than Wanda. Boy...what a couple! LOL

Really love the show..and am planning to watch all episodes today again...as I get them on Comcast on demand. So much always seems to happen..that you have to watch a second or third time...just to understand it all.

I just hope it won't take a year or longer for the next season.

Roman looked creepy when they showed him laying there dead didn't he? ewww!

Quote Originally Posted by karna68;3390305;
    Roman looked creepy when they showed him laying there dead didn't he? ewww!
    that guy looks dead just walking around! I cannot believe this is over and we have to wait until the new season starts!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3390329;
    that guy looks dead just walking around! I cannot believe this is over and we have to wait until the new season starts!
    I know, it better not be a year like last time.

Joey is pretty but not that bright + he was out of his mind with grief. I didn't see him check for a pulse, etc. So do we know for sure that Roman is dead? He could have passed out.

Of course if Harry Dean is off the show, we have the answer. Nobody plays a better creep, that's for sure.

FORT Fanatic

I too wish that they had shown us proof that Roman was dead. I suppose letting us guess for a year will keep the show fresh in our memories. Or, maybe some of our "what ifs" might give the writers some ideas as to how to keep him alive.
    I dont care for his character on the show, (he gives me the ebbie-jebbies) but if he wasnt on the show we are left with the Greens, and they make me turn on my lights at night while i sleep!
    I can see the casting call for some of these characters..."looking for someone whose face alone gives nightmares to adults."

Was it ever explained why Selma dresses like a man?

Quote Originally Posted by guttergal;3391353;
    Was it ever explained why Selma dresses like a man?
    I was wondering that as well. I've seen every episode and I don't feel like it has ever been addressed.

I have to say, I'm so disappointed that was the season finale. What a great season, I was really getting into it and then its gone. I don't think I can wait a year to find out what is going to happen.

+ Reply to Thread