+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 60 FirstFirst ... 323334353637383940414243444546474849505152 ... LastLast
Results 411 to 420 of 593

Thread: Big Love on HBO

  1. #411
    Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    SLC, UT
    Posts
    3,160

    Re: Big Love on HBO

    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3389752;
    I am willing to share my opinion with you, but why would you not know if "said" is the right word, and that "implied" might be more accurate?
    Well, I was trying to make a *subtle* point that not everything inside those walls is actually spoken in so many words - but attitudes, actions and ideas are implied. I guess I was trying to be delicate about it. But I like to read what you have to say about these things - I think you and I have some common interests in these types of tv shows and I value your opinion.

  2. #412
    HELL-O DR OLIVER! stacerace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Bethany, Oklahoma
    Age
    38
    Posts
    2,905

    Re: Big Love on HBO

    Just a few thoughts:

    I think this was a wonderful episode. I just wish the season wasn't over. I'm so glad that Nikki has her daughter back. I hope Bill takes her back. I'm glad about Scott and Sarah but I hope they'll be OK and she'll still be able to go to school. I also hope Joey ends up OK but really, who would come after him. I mean, he basically did what Alby and Nikki were planning. I hate that Kathy was killed. She was so sweet and kind. Not many women would put up with Wanda. I don't know how Joey and Lois put up with her.

    Also, I'm enjoying the insight of the Morman's here. I have been wondering what the Morman church's view was about this show. I did see a documentary on Dateline or some show like that about polygamy and they touched on what their view of the show was and that was interesting. The people on that show were very much like the Hendrickson's in that they lived in suburbia rather than on a compound and just seemed like "normal" (really though, what is normal?) people. The husband of one of the families seemed to be rather amused by the show and stated that he and his wives watched it faithfully.
    Last edited by stacerace; 03-23-2009 at 01:16 AM.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

    "We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

    "Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

  3. #413
    FORT Fan megan31917's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    182

    Re: Big Love on HBO

    Quote Originally Posted by stacerace;3389834;
    Just a few thoughts:

    I think this was a wonderful episode. I just wish the season wasn't over. I'm so glad that Nikki has her daughter back. I hope Bill takes her back. I'm glad about Scott and Sarah but I hope they'll be OK and she'll still be able to go to school. I also hope Joey ends up OK but really, who would come after him. I mean, he basically did what Alby and Nikki were planning. I hate that Kathy was killed. She was so sweet and kind. Not many women would put up with Wanda. I don't know how Joey and Lois put up with her.

    Also, I'm enjoying the insight of the Morman's here. I have been wondering what the Morman church's view was about this show. I did see a documentary on Dateline or some show like that about polygamy and they touched on what their view of the show was and that was interesting. The people on that show were very much like the Hendrickson's in that they lived in suburbia rather than on a compound and just seemed like "normal" (really though, what is normal?) people. The husband of one of the families seemed to be rather amused by the show and stated that he and his wives watched it faithfully.
    Im sorry too that it's over already. I feel it went by so fast.

    Im very sure that Bill not only takes Nikki back...but welcomes her daughter into their family.
    As soon as he saw Barb clasp Nikki's hand...he offered the bread & water to both of them. To me...that shows his intentions to make it work.

    I feel sorry for Joey...and really wasn't surprised that he was the one to kill Roman...rather than Wanda. Boy...what a couple! LOL

    Really love the show..and am planning to watch all episodes today again...as I get them on Comcast on demand. So much always seems to happen..that you have to watch a second or third time...just to understand it all.

    I just hope it won't take a year or longer for the next season.

  4. #414
    80's Rule! karna68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Age
    46
    Posts
    2,593

    Re: Big Love on HBO

    Roman looked creepy when they showed him laying there dead didn't he? ewww!

  5. #415
    Got wings 9/19/2012 buglover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    CA
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,195

    Re: Big Love on HBO

    Quote Originally Posted by karna68;3390305;
    Roman looked creepy when they showed him laying there dead didn't he? ewww!
    that guy looks dead just walking around! I cannot believe this is over and we have to wait until the new season starts!
    Yup, with donuts!!

  6. #416
    80's Rule! karna68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Age
    46
    Posts
    2,593

    Re: Big Love on HBO

    Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3390329;
    that guy looks dead just walking around! I cannot believe this is over and we have to wait until the new season starts!
    I know, it better not be a year like last time.

  7. #417
    Éirinn go Brách NJ EJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    810

    Re: Big Love on HBO

    Joey is pretty but not that bright + he was out of his mind with grief. I didn't see him check for a pulse, etc. So do we know for sure that Roman is dead? He could have passed out.

    Of course if Harry Dean is off the show, we have the answer. Nobody plays a better creep, that's for sure.

  8. #418
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    799

    Re: Big Love on HBO

    I too wish that they had shown us proof that Roman was dead. I suppose letting us guess for a year will keep the show fresh in our memories. Or, maybe some of our "what ifs" might give the writers some ideas as to how to keep him alive.
    I dont care for his character on the show, (he gives me the ebbie-jebbies) but if he wasnt on the show we are left with the Greens, and they make me turn on my lights at night while i sleep!
    I can see the casting call for some of these characters..."looking for someone whose face alone gives nightmares to adults."

  9. #419
    FORT Regular guttergal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    California
    Posts
    103

    Re: Big Love on HBO

    Was it ever explained why Selma dresses like a man?

  10. #420
    Being VIP Yardgnome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Harnessing my evil for good.
    Posts
    5,470

    Re: Big Love on HBO

    Quote Originally Posted by guttergal;3391353;
    Was it ever explained why Selma dresses like a man?
    I was wondering that as well. I've seen every episode and I don't feel like it has ever been addressed.

    I have to say, I'm so disappointed that was the season finale. What a great season, I was really getting into it and then its gone. I don't think I can wait a year to find out what is going to happen.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.