+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 60 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Love on HBO

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Re: Big Love on HBO

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2530168;
    Now that you mention it, I totally remember that episode!!! I'll have to look for the police station scene when they do marathons.
    just a bit of useless trivia ... one of those cops also played the foodball player boyfriend of emmett on 'queer as folk' a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2529709;
    The girl whom Rhonda is trying to blackmail should have taken care of it.

After Rhonda threatened there was a scene where Heather was talking to her mother in the control room and they kept looking at Rhonda. I hope that she was telling her mother what a worthless piece of crap Rhonda was and what R was threatening Heather with. (claiming all the while that it's not true... not to lie but because her feelings are private).
    I would believe my own child over another child ... especially if my child got to me first.
    I hope that Heather has skewered Rhonda's blackmailing plans.

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;2530267;
    After Rhonda threatened there was a scene where Heather was talking to her mother in the control room and they kept looking at Rhonda. I hope that she was telling her mother what a worthless piece of crap Rhonda was and what R was threatening Heather with. (claiming all the while that it's not true... not to lie but because her feelings are private).
    I would believe my own child over another child ... especially if my child got to me first.
    I hope that Heather has skewered Rhonda's blackmailing plans.
    I agree completely - that was my take as well!
    Rhonda seemed a little concerned, about Heather and her mom but I could tell the wheels were already churning and she was probably coming up with another story.
    I want more funny and less heaviness in this show. It was Lois and Margi that have made me fond of the show, even Nicki & her mom can be funny - why so much heavy drama all the time - starting to get depressing.

Even between the intense moments of heaviness or depressing, there are so few light moments lately. At least earlier in the season it was much more balanced. Now it's just too heavy handed. I hope things get less depressing soon.

Premium Member

I got a huge kick out of Margene in this ep. I just watched Ginnifer Goodwin in Walk the Line this afternoon, I like her a lot.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Margene is way too cute and brings laughs on this show. Nicki is overly serious and borders being nuts on this show, but she does have her break out moments....but laughing and enjoying life does not seem to be her strong suit. Barb is our conflicted and "sick of it all" character. I don't know how much longer she can hold out.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Man, tonight's made me sad and mad! A new emotional range I guess. I really feel for Barb and it just seems like Margene's getting ever-increasingly snotty.
    A lot happened in this episode. I feel like there was just SO much that I must have missed something.
    It's a good thing I was channel surfing by a fluke otherwise I'd have missed it being on a day early.

Claire/Lauren/Anya Dannysheaven's Avatar

I agree that it's getting very dark and depressing. It seems like a lot of the shows I watch are following that route(especially Weeds). I want some light-hearted family drama again! All of this stuff with the Green's and Alby and Rhonda..

But I do love to watch everything Nicki does. Chloe Sevigny makes the show for me.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

i just finished watching it on demand ... wow, this season is getting INTENSE.

FORT Fogey

I can't believe that next week is the season ending

What cliff hanger will it be this time?

+ Reply to Thread