+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 60 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Love on HBO

FORT Fogey

Re: Big Love on HBO

That was one of my favorite episodes of Big Love ever. All the nagging and bickering between Bill and the wives was hilarious. I loved the scene in the beginning where the three of them found him, and he had to face the nagging from three wives. And Chloe Svengy deserves and Emmy for the facial expressions alone in the scene where Bill tried to carry out Margene's suggestion with Nikki.

I've liked Lois before, but she had me rolling this episode. I loved the way she kept on telling Frank she needed her peas back.

The funny parts were hilarious, the family parts were heartwarming, and the "mobbish" parts were some big twists. Great episode!

There was something off about tonight's episode for me. I can't put my finger on it, but it made me like it less.

Very very insightful into the levels of manipulation. Lois manipulating her granddaughter (Sarah), her daughter-in-law (Barb), and her son! Bill manipulating his wives, Barb trying to do the same. Alby manipulating the UEB with his mom, and I could go on! Oh and of course Rhonda manipulating the press. I have to say, she had them hoodwinked.

Alby's finally got his hands on some power. It will be very interesting to see what happens with it. Also looks like his sister's replaced her shopping addiction with a bingo addiction. Interesting to see where that will go.

I haven't had a chance to watch the last episode yet. Was Roman really dead?
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

FORT Fogey

HE's in the hospital right now, hanging on in critical condition Miss Griss.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2509329;
    HE's in the hospital right now, hanging on in critical condition Miss Griss.
    Thanks, Veruka!
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Ooh this season is GOOD! I just got caught up, thank goodness for on demand! I think I would like to see a 4th wife come into the picture, I think Ana would be perfect! Looks like Niki will get into trouble with gambling. Some of the love scenes are a little racy too!

FORT Fogey

I was watching Walk the Line this morning, and it made me realize just how much Gennifer Goodwin has mastered the part of Margene on this show. I loved her on Ed, and think she was great in movie roles from Mona Lisa Smiles to Walk the Line. But I've become so sold on her role in Big Love that I found myself at points watching Walk the Line thinking "Why is Margene hanging out with Johnny Cash? What''s Bill going to think of that?"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'm liking that Barb seems to be deciding that she doesn't want her kind of life for her son. If a 4th wife comes in, Barb may very well be out of there. She is re-evaluating her decision to compromise her life for Bill.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Did anyone else feel at all depressed at the end of tonight's episode? I know I sure did! Wow, it was sad. Arguably most of the sadness was self-inflicted, but darn it was a real departure from the rest of the episodes.

Rhonda, what a witch! She's so utterly terrible. But wow, I did not see Heather being attracted/attached to Sarah in that way. Am I missing something? Sarah's really starting to mirror her mom's unhappiness. I really thought she was going to crack.

Of course Frank would align with Alby and of course Alby would find out about Weaver Gaming. No thanks to Nicki who, it seems pretty clear, is suffering from "middle child syndrome".

Then there's the whole trip to the convention. Barb's really not happy what so ever. I found Margene to be a little selfish tonight. She married into the family knowing the type of privacy and they ran into someone who could make that difficult.

I can't believe that Roman's going to be a goner. At least that's what I'm assuming by Alby's evil looks and ominous sayings.

FORT Fogey

I'd say Roman is a goner unless his mama figures out what is going on and figures out a way to do somehting about it. For some reason, I see her turning to Bill somehow. That'll get Nikki back in the fold.

I agree that Margene knew what she was gettig into, but I can also understand how it would pile up on her to the point of being frustrated by it. One of the things I"ve always loved about this show is the way they bring up little "how would you deal with X" kind of situations for plural marriage. Like when Margene was talking about her honeymoon, I was thinking "Hmm, how WOULD that work?"

+ Reply to Thread