+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 60 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Love on HBO

Re: Big Love on HBO

Yeah, it was Roman who phoned the committee and told them that Barb was a polygamist. Which then caused the ensuing public humiliation.
    The secret was the result of Rhonda telling Nikki that she would tell the family that Nikki knew about what Roman did all along and didn't tell anyone.
    So Nikki let everyone panic/wonder about who ratted out Barb.

Quote Originally Posted by PGM35;2492176;
    To those who have seen this past week's episdoe - When Barb was confronting Roman, what was she talking about that he did to her that was heartless - causing her to lose the Mother of the Year or causing Bill to take another wife (Nikki) in the first place? Just confused - also, what do you mean about Nikki's secret upthread? I'll go back and find the quotes but I think I missed something somewhere.

Found it:
    I had the same questions, but I kind of think we don't know yet what Nikki's secret is or what Roman did to Barb (unless it had to do with him manipulating Bill to take a second wife; after all, she did say that after her father-in-law got that dig in about it),
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss;2492879;
    I had the same questions, but I kind of think we don't know yet what Nikki's secret is or what Roman did to Barb (unless it had to do with him manipulating Bill to take a second wife; after all, she did say that after her father-in-law got that dig in about it),
    I think canadian angel is correct. The secret was that Nikki found out that her father was responsible for outing them. Margene heard the phone message Roman left on Nikki's answering machine and wanted Nikki to admit to everyone that it was Roman. The whole "who could have exposed them" was driving them crazy - Barb especially. Nikki kept saying she would tell them, but she just couldn't - that is until she shouted it at her mother. Her secret was that her father exposed them, she asked Margene to please not say anything as she wanted to tell them herself.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I Love This Show!!! It is toooo good this season! I can't imagine living like these people live! The thing I hate the most about this show is the long break between seasons. Who are the two women who set fire to the boat? These women seem to show up out of nowhere....like phantoms! The show is actually a bit creepy.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2495911;
    I Love This Show!!! It is toooo good this season! I can't imagine living like these people live! The thing I hate the most about this show is the long break between seasons. Who are the two women who set fire to the boat? These women seem to show up out of nowhere....like phantoms! The show is actually a bit creepy.
    THey are the henchmen for the second "prophet" who is creepier and more evil than Roman -- the one that tried to brand Bill.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Got it! Thanks!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Okay so I totally saw some sort of revenge for Bill taking on the Greenes (the super evils), but I honestly was shocked when it was Roman that bit the bullets. I'm guessing permanently, but really hoping not. I actually like him as Bill's nemesis much more than anyone else.

I can't believe how "shrewish" Lois was tonight. I've never seen her rat out her son so quickly (only to lose it all anways). What a shame that Frank (is that his name?) Always seems to show up out of nowhere with the upperhand. Though I honestly chuckled hard at the "letting him in the backdoor".

It's good to know finally how all that money Lois and Eddie came into contact with. Good guesses upthread!

It also seems like everything's really starting to take its toll on Bill. He's definitely feeling the heat much more this season than last. I found it hillarious, though definitely not child friendly, all of the differing 'likes' that the three (Margene, Nikki, Barb) have.

I knew we were in for some craziness when they started out with well over 5 minutes of "Previously on Big Love...". What a crazy episode. Bill's a tool who deserves any retribution he gets, but I hate the fact that his three devoted wives have no idea just how much danger they are all in. That Greene family is freakin' "Twin Peaks scary"!!! Seriously, I have only seen characters like that in David Lynch projects! Did y'all catch the shot of the dwarf walking through the warehouse???

For the first time ever, I actually felt for Nicki. Her insecurities were so real and she was actually sweet and sincere when she approached Bill about their relationship. With all of the crazy Roman/Hollis stuff going on, even more compelling was the power struggle going on in the home between Bill and his wives, and between the wives themselves.

I too hope Roman survives. Either way things are going to get even uglier. Bill has pissed off too many people. Roman, Alby, Frank, Lois, Lois's brother and those nutbag Greenes. I repeat, Bill's a tool.

ETA: The nutbag who shot Roman looked a hell of a lot like Scott Evil's mom from the Austin Powers movies. Anyone know if that was her?
    Last edited by JFlo; 07-31-2007 at 09:25 AM.
    Stay Gold, JFlo

"Craft Idea: Want to prevent a rerun of the Gulf of Tonkin off the coast of Iran? Just send Britney to the Strait of Hormuz and drop her on the Frigate USS Ingraham." Paparazzi As Unexploited Guardians of Democracy by Cintra Wilson [cintrawilson.com]

OK. colour me baffled. Selma is Holis's brother? I swear that actor is a woman!
    I was surprised too that the ladies shot Roman.
    Thank goodness Barb sat Bree down and gave her a real eye-opener into what her life might look like.
    I now have 'knocking on Heaven's door' stuck in my head

That was something I missed commenting on Duxxy. I couldn't believe that Holis said brother when referring to Selma. I was just completely baffled. I was sure that Selma's a woman. A very adrodgynous woman, but a woman nonetheless.

+ Reply to Thread