+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 60 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Love on HBO

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Re: Big Love on HBO

well, now we know what the significance of all those cans of peas is, don't we? interesting ...

and how about the diner waitress? i bet margene is going to encourage bill to take on #4. she certainly didn't look like she was jealous.

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;2470899;
    well, now we know what the significance of all those cans of peas is, don't we? interesting ...

and how about the diner waitress? i bet margene is going to encourage bill to take on #4. she certainly didn't look like she was jealous.
    I think I had read somewhere (on a TV spoilers blog or something of the sort) that Margene is, at first, very interested in having a new sister wife as she won't be the "baby" anymore and would like someone else for more company, but that as the storyline progresses Margene becomes less interested in and in favor of this.
    "A prayer for the wild at heart, kept in cages."

So what the heck are Lois and Larry into if they aren't even opening the doors to the laundromat? Them's alota peas!
    Margene actually looked happy to meet Ana?? the Serbian waitress. I'm just not that giving, I would have been as mad as a wet cat, but then again she has already been where Ana is. Hard to say how an Orthodox Serbian girl will respond to something like polygamy.

I thought the lie Margene told to Pam about being a surrogate was incredibly stupid. What is she going to tell Pam when the baby comes home to live with her? That the birth parents didn't want their own flesh and blood? Not well thought out.
    Joey is leaning way too hard on Barb.
    Rhonda is leaning too hard on Barb. (not to mention her insufferable 'holier than thou' attitude)
    I'm feeling sorry for Nicky -it's like she doesn't really belong anywhere.
    Don is the only smart one that is afraid of Roman's wrath.

FORT Fogey

I would like to take Rhonda out behind the woodshed

I missed the last about 20 minutes. Our Movie channel (the station we get Big Love on) blacked out. Can anyone give me the cliff notes version with the highlights of what happened in that time, please? I would much appreciate it.

I wonder if Margene sees a new wife as a way to talk her way out of the baby situation??.... could be why she's happy about seeing them together.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2477919;
    I missed the last about 20 minutes. Our Movie channel (the station we get Big Love on) blacked out. Can anyone give me the cliff notes version with the highlights of what happened in that time, please? I would much appreciate it.
    Well, I am sorry didn't read this when it was fresh in my mind.... Bill went to break it off with the waitress, because he realized what he felt for her was lust and not the calling of the Holy Spirit. He goes to tell her while she is at work, but she doesn't understand why he is dumping her and asks him to wait for her in the parking lot.
    He steps outside, sees his car has a flat, and just then a mysterious van pulls up and it's Selma (something) Greene(?). They take him to some other head honcho called Hollis of an evicted family that everyone thought had left town but were really living in some old warehouse. Hollis wants the poker gaming rights and they are just about to "brand" Bill (literally) when Bill says he is on the UEB (implying that he did this for Roman Grant) and that if they let him go, he might be able to reason with Roman Grant to let Hollis have it. Hollis agrees, and they take Bill back to town, but just dump him what looks like nowhere.
    When Bill gets out of the van he calls his friend Don to tell him the mysterious bidding competitor was really Hollis and not Roman. Bill then walks back to the diner, I guess to get his car or to finish talking with Ana - and as he approaches he sees Margene through the window talking and comforting the waitress. He calls her on the cell, and asks her to come out into the parking lot. Then you see them talking in the car, and he gently tries to help her understand that it's not the same with the waitress as it is between them. Margene cries, says she could teach Ana to pray, and Bill says he can't marry Ana just for Margene. He admits his feelings could just be lust, but Margene reminds him that was how it started for them, but Bill says that what he felt for Margene from the very beginning could only be called celestial and they drive home in her car.

Thank you. It sounds like I missed a lot. In some ways I'm glad that there won't be a 4th wife. I think that it's perfect with the three of them.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2484394;
    Thank you. It sounds like I missed a lot. In some ways I'm glad that there won't be a 4th wife. I think that it's perfect with the three of them.
    Just realized I forgot an important part.
    Barb's goes to Sara's best friend Heather house to talk with Rhonda. She also tells Heather's police officer father to back off - that there is nothing morally wrong (more lies that Rhonda had been spreading about the Hendricksons) going on at their house and for him to stop intimidating Sara. Rhonda agrees to talk with Barb and gives her a hug but Barb does not respond to it, she is still mad at her and not quite ready to warm up. Rhonda pulls away deciding that Barb has missed her chance, and quietly (so no one else can hear) tells Barb to "kiss off", leaving Barb astonished. Then Heather's dad tells her to keep Sara away from his daughter, and shuts the door in Barb's face.

Oh now that is really sad. I really liked Sara having a friend outside of the family. Plus I love "Mac" (I can't remember her Big Love name). Rhonda is just like a miniature Roman. She's just not quite as powerful..yet.

+ Reply to Thread