+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 60 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Love on HBO

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Re: Big Love on HBO

Quote Originally Posted by JFlo;2452219;
    Next week looks like it's gonna get good with Lilo, I mean Rhonda, back at the Hendrickson home. (Did y'all know that she is the voice of Lilo from LILO & STITCH?)
    oh wow, i had no idea!!!

just finished watching. Yep, Jflo Bill is now the one keeping the feud going.

Finally Barb said something to Marjene, no matter if it was innocent or not they have enough problems without it looking like an in-family affair.

Why did Ben get beat up? Because he said something? because his friend ratted him out? because he spoke up? because he admitted to having sex? because he stuck up for the chastity kids?
    Poor Ben, whats the use of having sex if you are too guilt ridden to even enjoy it? He's too young anyway, IMO.

I was laughing my butt of when Adelaide was telling the young girl about how few branches there were on the family tree.
    'so that makes you my grandmother and I am my son's mother, grandmother and great-great grandmother' yikes! She's #36 of 52. wow!

Ick!! no way in heck should Rhonda be forced to sleep with that bedraggled old man! Yes, you do look like an old rake, Roman... and not the one you meant!

Alby is one P/O'd man!

Larry's wife bwahahaha! I thought mormon women were supposed to be covered at all times, she certainly didn't seem shy about showing off her assets.
    Is it good for Larry to be helping Lois with the laundrymat? Will she siphon the money she makes right back into Bill's father's pockets? What's with all the sweet peas?
    Finally, I'm glad that Marjean stood up to Barb, so far she's been pretty 'go with the flow' now I think she has claimed her rightful place in the family.

Quote Originally Posted by JFlo;2452219;
    Next week looks like it's gonna get good with Lilo, I mean Rhonda, back at the Hendrickson home. (Did y'all know that she is the voice of Lilo from LILO & STITCH?)
    Wow, I never would have guessed - thanks for the heads up

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;2452717;
    Why did Ben get beat up? Because he said something? because his friend ratted him out? because he spoke up? because he admitted to having sex? because he stuck up for the chastity kids?
    Or maybe they "jumped" him to be part of that Straight Edge gang???
    His SE friend looked like the kid who played Johnny the surfer on The OC.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvest;2452894;
    His SE friend looked like the kid who played Johnny the surfer on The OC.
    That was Kyle Gallner. He played Beaver aka Cassidy on Veronica Mars. He always seems to be playing teen roles where the person he's portraying seems to be just a little bit off.

What is it with the cast of Veronica Mars that the people behind Big Love, well, love. I guess they're scooping up the great talent!

Did you all see the two half-hour Big Love specials last night? The interviews with the real life polygamists really gave a lot of food for thought.

I was also thinking more about the Alby character after this last episode. Now I don't see him as just repulsively evil, but I actually respect that he had the backbone to stand up to his father and blow the whistle on the attempted cover up. Complicated characters make for good drama.
    Last edited by Harvest; 06-27-2007 at 12:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2452937;
    What is it with the cast of Veronica Mars that the people behind Big Love, well, love. I guess they're scooping up the great talent!
    my daughter has mentioned that too ... i never watched VM so i didn't know it, but as soon as she started watching season 1 episodes, she kept pointing out all the actors from that show

Quote Originally Posted by Harvest;2453286;
    Did you all see the two half-hour Big Love specials last night? The interviews with the real life polygamists really gave a lot of food for thought.

I was also thinking more about the Alby character after this last episode. Now I don't see him as just repulsively evil, but I actually respect that he had the backbone to stand up to his father and blow the whistle on the attempted cover up. Complicated characters make for good drama.
    Were the specials on HBO? Any chance they'll be replaying them?
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

if you have hbo on demand, they're listed there (at least for me).

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;2455385;
    if you have hbo on demand, they're listed there (at least for me).
    Great. Thanks.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Can somebody fill me in on what was going on with the son and his friend. Was the tatoo like a vow of chastity? I was really confused about that entire storyline. If anybody can clear that up for me it will be greatly appreciated.

+ Reply to Thread