+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 60 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 593

Thread: Big Love on HBO

  1. #141
    Peeking In Duxxy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    looking for a deal on evilBay
    Posts
    6,052

    Re: Big Love on HBO

    They all seem to be a little messed up.
    Going by what Lois said, the Henricksons are atypical. The sister wives don't usually get along so well and so on and so forth.
    I guess I was wrong when I said I probably wouldn't be looking for this show if I hadn't seen the whole of season 1 in one shot. For some reason this show keeps popping into my head.
    Kelly Ripa said the other day that seeing Bill's family made her think twice about plural marriage, imagine sharing the load and having built in girlfriends (that sleep with your husband ) I think all of us feel like we could use a 1950's wife from time to time.
    Kelly also joked that she can't believe the sex life of Bill because in real life it would probably be more like ' it's your turn to take him tonight, I had him last night! I'm just too tired!'

  2. #142
    FORT Fogey Miss_Griss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    3,259

    Re: Big Love on HBO

    Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;2448680;
    They all seem to be a little messed up.
    Going by what Lois said, the Henricksons are atypical. The sister wives don't usually get along so well and so on and so forth.
    I guess I was wrong when I said I probably wouldn't be looking for this show if I hadn't seen the whole of season 1 in one shot. For some reason this show keeps popping into my head.
    Kelly Ripa said the other day that seeing Bill's family made her think twice about plural marriage, imagine sharing the load and having built in girlfriends (that sleep with your husband ) I think all of us feel like we could use a 1950's wife from time to time.
    Kelly also joked that she can't believe the sex life of Bill because in real life it would probably be more like ' it's your turn to take him tonight, I had him last night! I'm just too tired!'
    Yeah, I was with a friend yesterday--she's a former Mormon, too, and we both grew up in Utah. We were talking about how accurate the show is on most things, and then we laughed about how active their sex lives are, and she was saying that she had found Barb's "affair" with Bill hard to swallow, because she thinks most wives would be more into the idea of being able to send their husband somewhere else several nights a week.

    As for how well the sister wives get along, I think that probably varies a lot from family to family. That scene with Lois was so touching. I think she's a person who would be hard to get along with no matter what, yet I do believe that, like she said, "she has a lot to give." I've known people like her who feel tons of love in their own way and yet can't keep from pushing people away.

    It was so funny and sweet the way she showed that moment of vulnerability and then got all sour-faced when she thought that Margene was feeling sorry for her.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

    But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

  3. #143
    Peeking In Duxxy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    looking for a deal on evilBay
    Posts
    6,052

    Re: Big Love on HBO

    I totally agree! That actress, that role - they are just perfectly written. I'd like to see the father (sink peeing Bruce Dern again), I wonder what he's been up to on the compound. No good, I bet.

  4. #144
    Bushbasher JFlo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    The soap opera in my head.
    Age
    40
    Posts
    334

    Re: Big Love on HBO

    Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;2447640;
    She was standing in the office, right behind Joey while he made that incriminating call to Bill. Then it was she who took the tape from the recorder and put it in the locked drawer with what looked to be about 100 other tapes. She's as shifty as her husband. She even warned her own son (actually I'm not sure if she's Alby's mom or not) not to cross the father. She's just so cold and manipulative! bleah It seems that she and Roman were made for each other.
    Oh yeah, I forgot she was there. Yeah, I think Alby is her son as well. She must be first wife, right? Otherwise, wouldn't Nicky and Alby have a different last name? Unless every child of Roman's takes his last name because he is "The Prophet". Adeline (that is her name, right?) seems kind of too young to be Roman's first wife.

    I was very disturbed by the people crawling into the hole.
    Stay Gold, JFlo

    "Craft Idea: Want to prevent a rerun of the Gulf of Tonkin off the coast of Iran? Just send Britney to the Strait of Hormuz and drop her on the Frigate USS Ingraham." Paparazzi As Unexploited Guardians of Democracy by Cintra Wilson [cintrawilson.com]

  5. #145
    Peeking In Duxxy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    looking for a deal on evilBay
    Posts
    6,052

    Re: Big Love on HBO

    what the heck was that?? I was thinking storm shelter but maybe it's a bomb shelter. it was in the middle of nowhere. Margene seemed to get a big kick out of the woman and kids disappearing into a hole in the ground

  6. #146
    shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    michigan
    Age
    51
    Posts
    6,746

    Re: Big Love on HBO

    Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;2448794;
    what the heck was that?? I was thinking storm shelter but maybe it's a bomb shelter. it was in the middle of nowhere. Margene seemed to get a big kick out of the woman and kids disappearing into a hole in the ground
    when people on those compounds see outsiders (like margene), they run and hide. that 'shelter' was probably built there because there's no building nearby for them to escape into.

    that's why nikki had margene put the clothes on over her regular clothes, so she'd blend in better.

  7. #147
    FORT Fogey Miss_Griss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    3,259

    Re: Big Love on HBO

    Quote Originally Posted by JFlo;2448760;
    Oh yeah, I forgot she was there. Yeah, I think Alby is her son as well. She must be first wife, right? Otherwise, wouldn't Nicky and Alby have a different last name? Unless every child of Roman's takes his last name because he is "The Prophet". Adeline (that is her name, right?) seems kind of too young to be Roman's first wife.

    I was very disturbed by the people crawling into the hole.
    Polygamous families (of the fundamentalist Mormon persuasion, at least) are just like traditional families where the wife and kids take the husband/father's name, but I do get the impression that Adeline is Nicki's biological mother. Don't know about Alby's.

    In situations like the one that Bill/Barb/Nicky/Margene live in, where they aren't living polygamy in the open, the kids from second and third wives would have the mother's last name, because no one is supposed to know that they are married to the husband.

    Now that you mention it, Adeline does seem to be kind of young to be the first wife. There were certainly some who were a lot older when Bill invaded the house last season and they all attacked him (I forget exactly what he was up to now). It's possible that Roman's first wife died, and he has appointed her first wife now.

    I remember when Bill's father's first wife died last year, there was a big to-do over him saying that he was going to skip over Lois and make someone else his "first wife." I don't know if it actually works like that or if they were taking artistic license. I always just assumed it went in order of when they married the husband.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

    But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

  8. #148
    shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    michigan
    Age
    51
    Posts
    6,746

    Re: Big Love on HBO

    Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss;2449302;
    I remember when Bill's father's first wife died last year, there was a big to-do over him saying that he was going to skip over Lois and make someone else his "first wife." I don't know if it actually works like that or if they were taking artistic license. I always just assumed it went in order of when they married the husband.
    woudln't that just KILL nikki if bill assigned margene 'first wife' status instead of her? i think her head would explode!

  9. #149
    FORT Fogey Miss_Griss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    3,259

    Re: Big Love on HBO

    Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;2449371;
    woudln't that just KILL nikki if bill assigned margene 'first wife' status instead of her? i think her head would explode!
    It would definitely make for good TV.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

    But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

  10. #150
    Bushbasher JFlo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    The soap opera in my head.
    Age
    40
    Posts
    334

    Re: Big Love on HBO

    What a great episode last night!!! Nicky's mom was a riot! What the heck was that slab of meat she was trying to cut up????!!!! It looked like a skinned aligator or something. And when she started up that chain saw I about near lost it. I had to cover my eyes when Roman kissed Rhonda's hands. I was so grossed out. Is that thing on his forehead real, or makeup?

    Bill is a fool who does not deserve the family he has. Why would he even consider undermining Roman with the poker machine business??

    Next week looks like it's gonna get good with Lilo, I mean Rhonda, back at the Hendrickson home. (Did y'all know that she is the voice of Lilo from LILO & STITCH?)
    Stay Gold, JFlo

    "Craft Idea: Want to prevent a rerun of the Gulf of Tonkin off the coast of Iran? Just send Britney to the Strait of Hormuz and drop her on the Frigate USS Ingraham." Paparazzi As Unexploited Guardians of Democracy by Cintra Wilson [cintrawilson.com]

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.