+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 60 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Love on HBO

Re: Big Love on HBO

What a snake in the grass Nicky's mother is! She's just as bad as her husband. Poor Joey, when I saw him lying on the floor I thought that maybe Wanda had poisoned him to put him out of his misery.

I found Nicky's view on love v.s. marriage disturbing. From what we've seen of this one particular marriage there is a lot of love involved.

The billboard was too bad. But seriously I was sitting there thinking "umm mister?? you own a HUGE home improvement store, if you want something done that badly go to your store, grab some paint and get shut of it" sheesh.
    Wow Ed (? the friend) is responsible for 16 people.
    Brynne is just trouble for Ben.
    Jeanne Triplehorn was on Regis this morning and she said that this season she has renewed her commitment to the marriage and with her two oldest children now dating she is like a mother lion trying to protect her cubs. She is going to try to show them that the family they are in is unique and that there are other ways to live (in a monogamous marriage)
    They showed a scene where Barb has Ed's wives over and Margene and Ben somehow end up in the pool together, Margie is on top of Ben holding him underwater. Barb comes out and tells them both to get out of the pool, sends Ben to his room to do homework and Margie to get her nursery fixed up. Margie is confused with Barb's attitude.

It looks good.

i love watchng the show for nicky. looks like she still has the spending-the-money-we-don't-have issues.

All I wanna know is when is someone FINALLY gonna get the upperhand on Roman?
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

It was interesting when Alby was in the sheriff's office and kept checking out the rears of the officers. One of these days Alby is going to come "out" and Roman will denounce him. Roman will probably denounce him as soon as he figures it was Alby who brought the law down on Juniper Creek this time. (after telling him to drop it.)

Remember Alby with the hustler guy in the hotel room last season, and then banging his head against the wall? He has some very unsettled issues that are going to come to light.

I love Lois, she's such a loon.
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

Quote Originally Posted by serpentina;2446333;
    i love watchng the show for nicky. looks like she still has the spending-the-money-we-don't-have issues.
    There are so many "sister-wives" -- is the one from The Big Chill supposed to be Nicki's real mother? I thought they did a good job casting people who looked like they might actually share some genetic material.

Quote Originally Posted by suncat7;2446523;
    It was interesting when Alby was in the sheriff's office and kept checking out the rears of the officers. One of these days Alby is going to come "out" and Roman will denounce him.

Remember Alby with the hustler guy in the hotel room last season, and then banging his head against the wall? He has some very unsettled issues that are going to come to light.

I love Lois, she's such a loon.

My husband forgot that Alby might be gay. He was like, "why in the hell is he looking at that sheriff's ass?" I had to remind him of the scene with the hustler.

Did anyone else find the "Billboard Guy" as hilarious as I did?? You know, the one that kept throwing garbage at the picture of Lady Bird Johnson. What a wacko. And Bill's reaction to him was a hoot.

Anyone else notice EmmyLou Harris was one of Roman's wives? She was singing with Nicki's mom in Roman's office. Duxxy - What did Nicki's mom do that made her a snake in the grass? I don't remember.

Nicki continues to blow my mind. Not a single word she utters does not have an ulterior motive behind it. karna68 - I am still not convinced that Nicki came to the Hendricksons as part of a deal with Roman. I think that the deal with Roman came as a RESULT of Nicki's weasling her way into the family. It sounds to me like she took advantage of Barb's cancer. I'm really hoping we get some flashbacks this season.
    Stay Gold, JFlo

"Craft Idea: Want to prevent a rerun of the Gulf of Tonkin off the coast of Iran? Just send Britney to the Strait of Hormuz and drop her on the Frigate USS Ingraham." Paparazzi As Unexploited Guardians of Democracy by Cintra Wilson [cintrawilson.com]

Quote Originally Posted by JFlo;2447611;
    Duxxy - What did Nicki's mom do that made her a snake in the grass? I don't remember.

She was standing in the office, right behind Joey while he made that incriminating call to Bill. Then it was she who took the tape from the recorder and put it in the locked drawer with what looked to be about 100 other tapes. She's as shifty as her husband. She even warned her own son (actually I'm not sure if she's Alby's mom or not) not to cross the father. She's just so cold and manipulative! bleah It seems that she and Roman were made for each other.

I knew I recognized that lady with the white hair but I couldn't place her! Emmy-Lou Harris!

They seemed to focus on the CDs a lot, first the one Rhonda was working on then the CD that Nicky's mom and Emmy-Lou were working on. I wonder how that will figure in? The UEB seems to have it's fingers in a whole lotta pies.

I wonder what the matter is that the UEB will be voting on that Roman HAS to have Joey's vote for? *shiver*

Joey should have just called Bill and told him everything that happened - I think Bill would have found them a way out of it.

I was just thinking about it and Nicky has the same lust for power that her father does. Roman is out to ruin Bill because he has the 'power' and charisma to lead 'the flock'. Enough that he wrested power from Bill's grandfather and had Bill thrown out onto the streets when he was a boy. And Nicky takes any chance she can to step into Barb's shoes. First wife. All she's concerned about is being first wife.The wife with the power.

That Alby's a weird one. Did anyone else notice the subtle look of glee (or maybe a smirk) when the police came, and he was asking his father if this was the beginning of the "end of days?"

It seems like he'd be willing to bring his father down if that meant that Roman would at least notice him.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

+ Reply to Thread