+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 60 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Love on HBO

True, the screw-over was bound to happen anyway. I just found him cutting the guy off just as he said "Beehive" strange.

I was starting to feel a little bad for Rhonda. But HOW would Barb ever think that Roman would allow Rhonda to stay there and finish out the school year? (when she's not even in school now, to boot.) That was supposed to be part of Barb's "pride" (thinking she could solve everything, since she was a finalist for Mother of the Year.)

Also, since the Hendrickson's secret will be out, will Bill finally be able (with just cause) to fire whatever her name is, that was in the award audience?
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

Quote Originally Posted by suncat7 View Post
    When Roman was in that board meeting (when Bill & Joey came in) and someone was on the speaker phone, one of the words he said RIGHT BEFORE Roman hung up on him was "Beehive".
    Dayum, you're good! I hadn't noticed it but went back and watched.
    I do think Rhonda was sent there as a spy. It would be too UNLIKE Roman for it to be any other way.

Also, since the Hendrickson's secret will be out, will Bill finally be able (with just cause) to fire whatever her name is, that was in the award audience?
    I think so, if she makes it known that she actually looked in the folder labeled as personal; he would have just cause.

I really love Gracie Z (Bill's mom), she is so funny. I read that the show's creator's wrote, "A day without Gracie, is a day without sunshine" on the writer's story boards as a reminder to use her for some comic relief.

I felt sorry for Rhonda tonight, amazingly enough. Poor bedazzling little thing. I loved when she wouldn't get in the Hummer.
    Too funny! I really didn't feel sorry for Rhonda but I did for Barb, how humiliating!

I did catch that Roman was interrupted when he was talking about "Beehive," but I did not catch that he had the extra tickets when he called. Good catch!
    Rhonda just scares me with the stealing, lies, etc. She is bad news!!! Although I hate to see such a young girl forced into a marriage, she does not seem to be quite "innocent" as she would like to appear.
    Nicky looked so much better, and Margene is as cute as she can be! I look forward to the next season!

Quote Originally Posted by Susie View Post
    I believe that Rhonda had taken the 2 tickets that Barb was missing, because that is what Roman had when he called them. What a little creep she is. She was ticked off because Barb wouldn't let her stay so she threw her under the bus.

I just love this show. Why? I have no clue, but I can't help but stick around to see what happens.

I have to agree, the whole poison thing and the mother was great! Took me totally by surprise. For some reason I thought it was Roman.
    I thought that wifey seemed suspicious, but it still shocked me that she put antifreeze in Alby's drink. He may be easy to hate, but that's extreme!

As for Rhonda, that is one good young actress! She's playing a horrible, complex character very well. Was she the girl in the movie Electra? And her "sister-wife" is the actress who played Meg in The Big Chill, right? So glad to see her again!

I have also come around about Chloe Sevigny. I used to dislike her, but now I like her because she has done such a good job with her character too.

IN JAIL, WONDERING WHERE MY KLONDIKE BAR IS!?...
    Does anyone know when the next season starts? I have also gotten sucked in to this show without knowing quite why. I just have to see how it works out. The antifreeze was abit extreme but I thought it was funny when Joey told his wife "You just can't keep poisioning the people that are mean to us". (Or something to that effect)....
    "YOU BREATH THE SAME AIR THE BILLIONAIRES DO" Russell Simmons

"We make a living from what we get, but we make a life from what we give." Winston Chruchill

I've read not till next june (2007). It's a long time to wait unfortunately. Hopefully it'll get bumped sooner.

Re: Big Love on HBO

I just finished the first season on DVD and I loved it!!!! So glad I didn't have to wait as long as all of you did for the second season (I'm already anticipating it starting next week). I just have one question that I didn't understand. Earlier in the season, Roman's son Alby picks up a gay guy at the store and takes him back to that place. Later when the gay guy goes to have sex with him Alby starts freaking out, slamming his head against the wall. I must have missed something because I never got what that was about. I mean, was it just to tell us that Alby is gay and in the closet? Or was there something else going on in terms of the story that I didn't pick up? Thanks for any help.

Re: Big Love on HBO

Ace, I think what you said first is correct--he's in the closet and probably in major denial about it, hence the freak out.

+ Reply to Thread