+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 67 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757 ... LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: One Life To Live

Phil Carey was off the scene for months because of a bout with cancer. They worked it into the storyline around New Year's Eve by having Asa be stricken with a near fatal heart attack after Spencer burst into his penthouse and handed him a picture of Emma Bradley. Emma is Spencer's mother which is why they're leaning towards the idea that Spencer is Asa's illegitimate child. Anyway. Asa was hospitalized for months and just came home which is why he's in the wheelchair. I don't think Phil is really wheelchair bound. I think it's just the Asa character.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Okay... this is the first day off I've had in quite some time, so I'm catching up on OLTL.

This boxing promoter dood (cannot remember his name).... who does he think John/bandaged man is?
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Broadway - everyone thinks that John was killed in the car accident and that it's Hugh all bandaged up in the hospital. Of course, Hugh is toast and John is in the bandages.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Oh, thank you, Critical!

I knew that they thought John was dead, but I didn't know who the other possibility was. I guess I didn't realize (more likely had forgotten) that Hugh was in the car with John, too. Bummer, as I liked Hugh.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Hugh wasn't in John's car. He was in his own but he was in the same wreck.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

The time is getting closer and closer!!! John told Vince yesterday that he's John. In SOD,
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Vince tells Natalie that Hugh is really John. Natalie wants to put her forensic expertise to work and dig up the body in John's grave to do a DNA test but Vince convinces her to go by the book and talk to Bo about it.
    I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!! Although it will be sad when Paige learns that Hugh is gone and I don't even want to know how Spencer will react. Now all we need to happen is for Rex to find out that Tommy is Todd's son (although I really don't want Marcie and Michael (I keep wanting to call him Al) to lose him. And the other thing I can't wait for is for that little snot Brittany to get what's coming to her! Something tells me that if Cole keeps using the 'roids, Brittany will eventually become a victim of his 'roid rage and something really bad will happen.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl;2137399;
    The time is getting closer and closer!!! John told Vince yesterday that he's John. In SOD,
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Vince tells Natalie that Hugh is really John. Natalie wants to put her forensic expertise to work and dig up the body in John's grave to do a DNA test but Vince convinces her to go by the book and talk to Bo about it.
    I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!! Although it will be sad when Paige learns that Hugh is gone and I don't even want to know how Spencer will react. Now all we need to happen is for Rex to find out that Tommy is Todd's son (although I really don't want Marcie and Michael (I keep wanting to call him Al) to lose him. And the other thing I can't wait for is for that little snot Brittany to get what's coming to her! Something tells me that if Cole keeps using the 'roids, Brittany will eventually become a victim of his 'roid rage and something really bad will happen.
    Maybe they will still raise him...be hard for Blair and Todd to be good parents to him, and they don't sound like the saintly type that could overlook his rapist mom. And given B & T's erratic relationship he'd really be better off with M & M.

YES!!!!! He's back. Even though I knew that he was coming back, I still found myself almost in tears today. Here's a recap. Natalie tried to convince Michael that the bandaged man in the hospital room was John and not Hugh. Bo contimplated what he would do if (when) the DNA shows that Hugh is gone. How would he tell Paige? Todd and Starr argued about Cole. Starr ran back to her room and Blair passed out in Todd's arms. Later, Todd tried to convince her to go to the ER but she wouldn't go. Natalie showed a nurse pictures of John and Hugh and asked her to point to the picture of the man who just came out of surgery. Later, Natalie and Michael watched as they removed bandages from the man's face and Natalie's hopes were confirmed when we saw that it was indeed John. Jessica called and checked on Bree from her honeymoon. Later, Nash wrote a letter (I'm assuming it was a goodbye letter to Tess). He put it in an empty wine bottle, imagined Tess one more time (she winked at him) and he threw the bottle into the Lantano River.
    That's all I can really remember. If anyone else has anything to add, please feel free.

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl;2159873;
    YES!!!!! He's back. Even though I knew that he was coming back, I still found myself almost in tears today. Here's a recap. Natalie tried to convince Michael that the bandaged man in the hospital room was John and not Hugh. Bo contimplated what he would do if (when) the DNA shows that Hugh is gone. How would he tell Paige? Todd and Starr argued about Cole. Starr ran back to her room and Blair passed out in Todd's arms. Later, Todd tried to convince her to go to the ER but she wouldn't go. Natalie showed a nurse pictures of John and Hugh and asked her to point to the picture of the man who just came out of surgery. Later, Natalie and Michael watched as they removed bandages from the man's face and Natalie's hopes were confirmed when we saw that it was indeed John. Jessica called and checked on Bree from her honeymoon. Later, Nash wrote a letter (I'm assuming it was a goodbye letter to Tess). He put it in an empty wine bottle, imagined Tess one more time (she winked at him) and he threw the bottle into the Lantano River.
    That's all I can really remember. If anyone else has anything to add, please feel free.
    Don't forget Jessica practically devouring Antonio as they were waiting for their room to be ready. Nice steamy scenes.

John's scars were so dramatic looking. I loved how they slowly pulled off the bandages.

My question is this: why aren't they doing everything in their power to keep Tuc Watkins?! He is the best thing that has happened to OLTL for as long as I have been watching it!

I'm sorry nilesgirl but he is the worst actor on this show and this show has far too many dreadful actors and story lines. Sometimes it's the writers; sometimes it's the actors. But in McMummys case it's Easton. His constant whispering and pouting lips are just too annoying.

I know it's a soap opera but I had a big laugh when McMummy was revealed and viewers find out that he has fire-proof hair. And his nitwit girl friend digging up his grave wearing stilettos was priceless.

Click to see Spoiler:
    I read elsewhere that they don't get married, but thatís not confirmed

+ Reply to Thread