+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 67 FirstFirst ... 13535455565758596061626364656667 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: One Life To Live

Re: One Life To Live

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd View Post
    As for The View, I thought they did a great job! Robin Strasser was fab, and I loved that she dressed every inch the diva Dorian. Kassie looked great, and James...well, yes, you've all said it. He still looks yum! Bob Woods and his chicken were hysterical - I've long heard that he was quite the prankster on set. And, I had to smile when I heard that Erika learned she had gotten the role of Viki on my birthday, March 16th It was fun to see Nathan Fillion and Laurence Fishburn in the taped segments - I wish they had done more of those before the commercial breaks. Nathan especially has been very vocal and very gracious about his soap past. All in all it was a really well done. And Elizabeth didn't even say anything that made me want to choke her - I'd call that a success
    I like when Robin said she would sleep with Nathan for free now!
    Katydyd likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    I like when Robin said she would sleep with Nathan for free now!
    I think that's a LONG line!

I remember reading an article about Nathan and his time on the show in one of the soap mags. He was shooting a love scene with Robin and, after the director yelled "cut," Nathan shouted "I love my job!"
    Katydyd likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    We saw Todd's memories of killing Victor. I've always been skeptical of that part of it, whether it was actual memories or just his mind playing tricks, after all, he was also seeing his dead mother around the same time.
    We saw Victor's body being found too & his grave. It's safe to assume there was a funeral.

I think there's going to have to be some major re-writing involved in this.

No one is ever really dead in soaps. Gigi even had her heart removed for Clint's transplant, & yet look what happened there.
    Really? Clint got Gigi's heart? Or not apparently....whose heart DID he get?

Obviously I missed a lot!

And even if Victor isn't dead someone was...I guess they could have died of natural causes/been stolen from the morgue, etc., but still... and how old was the corpse? Usually there'd be an autopsy and some ID of the body! I know we don't apply normal rules of reality to the soaps, but come on! As you say, some major rewriting involved!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I think that's a LONG line!

I remember reading an article about Nathan and his time on the show in one of the soap mags. He was shooting a love scene with Robin and, after the director yelled "cut," Nathan shouted "I love my job!"
    I love it! Really makes you think the Castle character is much like the actor!

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post

And even if Victor isn't dead someone was...I guess they could have died of natural causes/been stolen from the morgue, etc., but still... and how old was the corpse? Usually there'd be an autopsy and some ID of the body! I know we don't apply normal rules of reality to the soaps, but come on! As you say, some major rewriting involved!
    Clint got Stacy's heart. I just was going to explain all of that and got too confused!

Yes, I think Nathan is very much like Rick Castle. I really can't imagine that show working without him.

He's got my undying affection and admiration for the way he talks about his time on OLTL. I loved him when he was on the show, but the fact that he speaks so fondly of his time there makes me love him more. So many actors who started in soaps can be so scornful of them when they get famous. I love that Nathan recognizes what OLTL did for him. I was thrilled to see him back when they celebrated the anniversary a few years ago - did they do it under the guise of Asa's funeral? Can't remember. I'm sad they couldn't work things out for him to come back before the end. He said in interviews that he'd love to come back and just be in the background of a scene with the new Joey. I would have LOVED that!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Clint got Stacy's heart. I just was going to explain all of that and got too confused!

Yes, I think Nathan is very much like Rick Castle. I really can't imagine that show working without him.

He's got my undying affection and admiration for the way he talks about his time on OLTL. I loved him when he was on the show, but the fact that he speaks so fondly of his time there makes me love him more. So many actors who started in soaps can be so scornful of them when they get famous. I love that Nathan recognizes what OLTL did for him. I was thrilled to see him back when they celebrated the anniversary a few years ago - did they do it under the guise of Asa's funeral? Can't remember. I'm sad they couldn't work things out for him to come back before the end. He said in interviews that he'd love to come back and just be in the background of a scene with the new Joey. I would have LOVED that!
    I love Castle in particularly because of the chemistry betwen Nathan and the female lead whose name I can't remember off the top of my head.

I did not particularly care for Nathan's character on OLTL. I thought he was too boring especially after Jason got a better personality once he turned bad guy. That being said, you are so correct about how cool it is that Nathan is not ashamed of his past on soaps and actually gives credit where credit is due for his career. I haven't heard Demi talk about her GH stint in ages.

I might make myself watch that episode of the view though I"m not sure if I can since I hate that show. Regardless thanks Katydyd for the information.

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    I love Castle in particularly because of the chemistry betwen Nathan and the female lead whose name I can't remember off the top of my head.

I did not particularly care for Nathan's character on OLTL. I thought he was too boring especially after Jason got a better personality once he turned bad guy. That being said, you are so correct about how cool it is that Nathan is not ashamed of his past on soaps and actually gives credit where credit is due for his career. I haven't heard Demi talk about her GH stint in ages.

I might make myself watch that episode of the view though I"m not sure if I can since I hate that show. Regardless thanks Katydyd for the information.
    I think the only two episodes of that show that I've watched in years are the AMC and OLTL tribute episodes. I don't think I've watched a full episode outside of those two since Lisa Ling left.

You can always check it out on Hulu and skip over the parts you don't like.

I loved Nathan as Joey. Honestly, neither of Viki's sons ever lit the show on fire with their personalities, but I loved Nathan/Joey's affair with Dorian. She started out seducing him to get at Viki and then actually developed feelings for him....and who could blame her? He was adorable!

Count me in on the "free line" for Nathan too
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    OK, I'm going to make an attempt to explain it.
    Stacy (Gigi's sister) wasn't really dead. They never quite explained how, but she wasn't.
    She got plastic surgery to look like Gigi so she could replace her & get Rex.
    She showed up & exchanged places with Gigi on her wedding day right before "Gigi" was killed.
    Gigi escaped. Stacy died. Everyone thought it was Gigi.
    The heart matched Clint, who was about to die without a transplant.
    Clint got Stacy's heart, but everyone thought it was Gigi's

This was all a rewrite after the fact & a lot of drama between Rex & Clint. It wasn't revealed until about a year later when Gigi got her memory back. Even to the viewers (thus the rewrite).

All makes perfect sense, doesn't it. LOL
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

I think the only two episodes of that show that I've watched in years are the AMC and OLTL tribute episodes. I don't think I've watched a full episode outside of those two since Lisa Ling left.

You can always check it out on Hulu and skip over the parts you don't like.

I loved Nathan as Joey. Honestly, neither of Viki's sons ever lit the show on fire with their personalities, but I loved Nathan/Joey's affair with Dorian. She started out seducing him to get at Viki and then actually developed feelings for him....and who could blame her? He was adorable!
    I don't remember that. Either I wasn't watching it at the time or my iljazheimers is acting up again.

Now that I'm so crazy about Nathan on Castle, I'm starting to regret not seeing his last days on OLTL.

Oh and that's a good idea about Hulu. Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread