+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1252535455565758596061626364656667 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: One Life To Live

Re: One Life To Live

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01 View Post
    Once Desperate Housewives and General Hospital are gone, I no longer will have ABC on my TV They are good for nothign
    I would like to be able to say that too, but Once Upon A Time, Revenge & Castle have me hooked in.

I would like to watch the OLTL alumni on GH, but it's on after my lunch break is over. I doubt TPTB at work would like me changing my already late lunch break to the middle of the afternoon. I'll probably tape the 1st week or 2 they're on, & then see if it's worth continuing with taping.

I'm still mad (& probably will stay that way for a long time) at ABC's disregard of Daytime viewers. Getting rid of long time favorite shows & replacing them with You're-Not-Good-Enough shows, simply because they're cheap. I hope all of ABC Daytime tanks big time & they live to regret their uncaring selfishness.
    tapper01 likes this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    The fans are so loyal, so passionate, so invested in their stories. I always asked how they started watching "Fraternity Row". Some of them were stay at home mothers taking a break before their children came home from school. Others were college students with free time between classes. Many of them inherited a love for the show from their parents, or their grandparents, who were longtime fans themselves.___________I remember the first time I tuned in to "Fraternity Row". I was hooked instantly. I needed to know what would happen next to these fascinating people. Would the hero and heroine find their way back to true love? Would the villians get their comeuppance? Or would their crimes go unpunished? Would loving families overcome their obstacles? Or would their troubles prove too difficult to surmount?__________Ultimately, that's what soap opera is about - families. Close families. Rival families. Even families that are unexpected. Or the ones we choose for ourselves. And when a show is lucky enough to be on the air as long as "Fraternity Row" has been on, these families become extentions of our own. The audience might be upset when a favorite actor leaves. But they are always willing to welcome a new one, even when that new cast member is quite different than the one being replaced. After all, this is a place where people come back from the dead, go to grade school in the morning and come home from high school in the afternoon. Because for every new face, every new couple, every new family - there are long familiar faces. Some who've grown up before our very eyes. And a few more we hope to watch grow up.____________We know them so well. They've become our friends. We yearn for their happiness - especially when it's hard-won. We laugh as they laugh, we cry as they cry. We can't imagine doing without them. And when things are at the very worst on the show, that's when we seem to enjoy them the most. There's just one thing we have to do to keep them in our lives...............tune in tomorrow.
    Thank wounded.gif you a050.gif for girl_cray2.gif posting dontgosmiley.gif this. tearsandtissues-final.gif
    Katydyd likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    Thank you. I got it from a webpage I have been on for about 17 years. It started as a OLTL comment page and over all these years we have become friends.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    Thank you. I got it from a webpage I have been on for about 17 years. It started as a OLTL comment page and over all these years we have become friends.
    That's about the same number of years ago I met a group of friends on an AMC message board! I'm still friends with some of them even though we drifted away from the message board.

I was hoping someone would post Viki's "speech" - thanks!

Once again, ABC shows how incredibly crass and insensitive they can be by airing a commercial for The Revolution just before the last segment of OLTL

I unsubscribed from the ABC daytime e-newsletter today and made sure to tell them why. They can stuff it. I still watch GH, but I don't want to read all about the stupid shows they replaced my soaps with. I can get my GH news elsewhere.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Some fun blooper/silliness reels:
    OLTL Bloopers - YouTube
    OLTL Bloopers2. - YouTube

Also, this YouTube channel has a lot of full length episodes: OLTLViewersChannel's Channel - YouTube
    Katydyd, tapper01 and ilja like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Well, I didn't hate the final episode...other than that it was the final episode. And we got our big shocker, just like Fraternity Row did I totally did not see that coming...and of course it should have been obvious (and apparently was to some of you guys!). For some reason the room looked so feminine I was trying to figure out who the woman was that Allison was holding captive - and of course they had me completely convinced that TSJ was not going to make an appearance. I'm so glad that Todd didn't kill Victor! So now, in my version of "Life in Llanview continues," Victor eventually gets rescued and he, Tea, Dani and the new baby live happily ever after And it's funny, I must have been so convinced that of course Viki said yes to Clint's proposal, I didn't even remember she never responded until Miss Scarlet pointed it out I still wish though, we would have had the chance to see what should have been the end if it hadn't been for Prospect Park I'll be curious to see how they integrate the Mannings into GH, and I'm looking forward to February! Will Blair have forgiven Todd (yet)? Or are they on the run because no one knows that Victor is still alive? If Victor has been found, will they actually give us an update and mention him and Tea? And since Cole and Starr ended up together, what happened to Cole? As for John, the expression on Nat's face when Jessica asked her about him, was a little strange. I hope we don't find out they are no longer together when he makes the move to GH, but I'm not sure how else they'll work it.

As for The View, I thought they did a great job! Robin Strasser was fab, and I loved that she dressed every inch the diva Dorian. Kassie looked great, and James...well, yes, you've all said it. He still looks yum! Bob Woods and his chicken were hysterical - I've long heard that he was quite the prankster on set. And, I had to smile when I heard that Erika learned she had gotten the role of Viki on my birthday, March 16th It was fun to see Nathan Fillion and Laurence Fishburn in the taped segments - I wish they had done more of those before the commercial breaks. Nathan especially has been very vocal and very gracious about his soap past. All in all it was a really well done. And Elizabeth didn't even say anything that made me want to choke her - I'd call that a success
    ilja likes this.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Thanks, Katydyd! I was pretty sure that was Victor, but since I wasn't watching all that much when he was on, and his face was so distorted by the gag, I was only kind of deducing that was who it was by what would be a real shocker and what would let Todd off the hook morally (but not legally--after all, it's pretty clear he had Tomas kidnapped!). So I was going to come here to ask for confirmation. Now the question is, does Todd know he's alive, or at least that Todd didn't kill him? Or did Todd leave him for dead at some point. THose of you who have been regular watchers probably can guess better than I can what the answer is to that. Any ideas?

Adding my thanks to libgirl2 for posting that speech.

Thank you PWS. It was a very moving speech.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Thanks, Katydyd! I was pretty sure that was Victor, but since I wasn't watching all that much when he was on, and his face was so distorted by the gag, I was only kind of deducing that was who it was by what would be a real shocker and what would let Todd off the hook morally (but not legally--after all, it's pretty clear he had Tomas kidnapped!). So I was going to come here to ask for confirmation. Now the question is, does Todd know he's alive, or at least that Todd didn't kill him? Or did Todd leave him for dead at some point. THose of you who have been regular watchers probably can guess better than I can what the answer is to that. Any ideas?
    We saw Todd's memories of killing Victor. I've always been skeptical of that part of it, whether it was actual memories or just his mind playing tricks, after all, he was also seeing his dead mother around the same time.
    We saw Victor's body being found too & his grave. It's safe to assume there was a funeral.

I think there's going to have to be some major re-writing involved in this.

No one is ever really dead in soaps. Gigi even had her heart removed for Clint's transplant, & yet look what happened there.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    We saw Todd's memories of killing Victor. I've always been skeptical of that part of it, whether it was actual memories or just his mind playing tricks, after all, he was also seeing his dead mother around the same time.
    We saw Victor's body being found too & his grave. It's safe to assume there was a funeral.

I think there's going to have to be some major re-writing involved in this.

No one is ever really dead in soaps. Gigi even had her heart removed for Clint's transplant, & yet look what happened there.
    We say Maria go over a cliff in a plane on AMC and she wasn't dead either!

What I remember about Todd's memory of shooting Victor is (and I realize how shallow this is) how hot RH looked with his hair like that. I've been watching old clips of the show, in addition to the marathon on Soapnet, and I really had forgotten how sexy RH back in the day.

Those videos I linked to above reminded me of so many characters that I'd forgotten about! Dylan and Ian were so hot. I remember that scene when Ian went in a plane with Maggie and Max(I think) to spread his father's ashes. He opened the door of the plane to toss them out and a gust took them and blew them back in his face. I think Ian's line was "I've got Guy in my eye."

+ Reply to Thread