+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 67 FirstFirst ... 115152535455565758596061626364656667 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: One Life To Live

Re: One Life To Live

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    I thought the show was fantastic, but I would have had a 5 hour special! lol! Robert and Hillary were so funny, loved the chicken! And James DePaiva looks real good!!!!
    Your post made me want to go find a current picture of him and this one is labeled 2011 and all I can say is wow!

PA180138-Actor-James-DePaiva-450x600.jpg
    libgirl2 likes this.

Okay, WHY are they wasting time talking about Who's the Boss and Judith Light's theater work!? Is that the only way they could get her to do the show? So stupid. Yes, she was a major character on the show back in the day, but I'd prefer that they focus on more recent cast members. This feels like when they spent a whole segment of the AMC tribute talking to Kim Delaney and Laurence Lau.

I missed about the first 6 minutes - probably the first whole segment - of the show. I'm going to have to watch on Hulu later.

Ilja - JDP doesn't look like that pic now. His hair is darker and he has a beard and mustache. He still looks great, but not like that pic.

I forgot to mention how cool it was that Agnes Nixon got a few minutes on yesterday's show to talk about OLTL, in the guise of talking about "Fraternity Row."
    Last edited by Critical; 01-13-2012 at 02:56 PM.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Okay, I just finished watching the last episode and am wondering if I'm the only one that feels completely let-down. I'm so glad I watched yesterday's show because it was more of a finale than today's. Maybe if I had been watching it regularly today's would have meant more to me so if any of you that have been watching it could fill me in, I would appreciate it.

Thanks Critical for the JDP information. I'll have to go search some more to see his current look.

At least I didn't cry today.

Though truthfully, I really wanted to.

I want another couple of weeks to tie up loose ends, but remember they were planning on going to Prospect Park. I also called the bed scene right away! I'm not let down just ticked the show is gone!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

And its a soap, we should expect a cliffhanger, because life goes on in Llanview!

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    And its a soap, we should expect a cliffhanger, because life goes on in Llanview!
    I loved the finale. They gave us just enough closure to make us happy without going too sappy with a happily ever after end.
    I loved the Clint/Vickie proposal & loved that they left her answer off, very soap-typical.
    And the end . Perfect cliffhanger. Good news, but a shocker making us wonder what is to come.

I hear a few more unanounced OLTL members will be going to GH. They're supposedly waiting to announce them until everyone has seen the finale & OLTL is officially over. I'm wondering who.

Anyhow, it's over now, but a fitting end.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Nice interview about Erika Slezak about the end of the show: Erika Slezak Goes to Heaven One Last Time on One Life to Live - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

We were told the daytime audience doesn't want entertainment anymore and that they just want information. Well, that's the biggest load of bulls---. People always want entertainment!
    Amen!
    tapper01 likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Nice interview about Erika Slezak about the end of the show: Erika Slezak Goes to Heaven One Last Time on One Life to Live - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

Amen!
    Very true. I want some fun... not another self help show. I don't read self help books, I read for entertainment and sometimes for information. If they want to put on a show about historical events or science I am all for that.... but they are replacing fun with preaching. More self help gurus telling me what I am doing wrong. Enough. I can see enough of this stuff already, I don't need more. I am so tired of good informative or well acted shows being replaced by poor reality shows or lame self help programs. I know they are cheap to do, but it doesn't mean I want to see them. Basically tv is turning into trashy reality tv or a bunch of people going around trying to "fix" me. I long for the days of good TV movies and well acted dramas as well as cable stations with well produced documentaries...... no I have to learn how to dress from some guy I never heard of or cook meals to impress, when I cook just fine. Do they think I weigh 500 lbs, wear a sack and feed my family slop every night???
    Last edited by libgirl2; 01-13-2012 at 07:23 PM.
    Miss Scarlet likes this.

The fans are so loyal, so passionate, so invested in their stories. I always asked how they started watching "Fraternity Row". Some of them were stay at home mothers taking a break before their children came home from school. Others were college students with free time between classes. Many of them inherited a love for the show from their parents, or their grandparents, who were longtime fans themselves.___________I remember the first time I tuned in to "Fraternity Row". I was hooked instantly. I needed to know what would happen next to these fascinating people. Would the hero and heroine find their way back to true love? Would the villians get their comeuppance? Or would their crimes go unpunished? Would loving families overcome their obstacles? Or would their troubles prove too difficult to surmount?__________Ultimately, that's what soap opera is about - families. Close families. Rival families. Even families that are unexpected. Or the ones we choose for ourselves. And when a show is lucky enough to be on the air as long as "Fraternity Row" has been on, these families become extentions of our own. The audience might be upset when a favorite actor leaves. But they are always willing to welcome a new one, even when that new cast member is quite different than the one being replaced. After all, this is a place where people come back from the dead, go to grade school in the morning and come home from high school in the afternoon. Because for every new face, every new couple, every new family - there are long familiar faces. Some who've grown up before our very eyes. And a few more we hope to watch grow up.____________We know them so well. They've become our friends. We yearn for their happiness - especially when it's hard-won. We laugh as they laugh, we cry as they cry. We can't imagine doing without them. And when things are at the very worst on the show, that's when we seem to enjoy them the most. There's just one thing we have to do to keep them in our lives...............tune in tomorrow.
    Katydyd, tapper01, ilja and 1 others like this.

Once Desperate Housewives and General Hospital are gone, I no longer will have ABC on my TV They are good for nothign

+ Reply to Thread