+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 67 FirstFirst ... 10505152535455565758596061626364656667 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: One Life To Live

Re: One Life To Live

Yeah I'm really curious how they're going to handle the whole John/Natalie thing too....especially after the last couple episodes! I can't see them bringing on ME and not using him romantically, but I kinda want to keep my illusion that he and Nat finally found lasting happiness. The Mannings though make sense, especially since Starr left - maybe there will be some twist and Todd finds out he didn't kill Victor (please, please, please!) and confides in Blair then they go on the run. Although I guess there's supposed to be mob tie in too....As for Starr, well, you can have a music career in New York just as well as LA. And we all know PC is just as happening as Manhattan, since it's home to five crime families, a major fashion magazine, and multi-billionaires I read in Soap Opera Weekly (and I don't think it qualifies as a spoiler) that they were looking for a way to bring Tomas over too, but since he's been on twice as Luis and Lorenzo Alcazar it's difficult. Who knows, maybe Tomas could be a long lost triplet
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    No more David Vickers = I love how he talked about getting dissed by Judith Light! Nice little mention of one of the shows more well-known alumni.
    That was great! And then he's all...and she's just a TV actress OLTL is great at giving little winks to long time fans. Like in heaven, when Cole asked Luna where they were and she kinda looked at the camera and said "Oh, somewhere....between Heaven and Hell," which of course was the original working title for OLTL.

I love Tuc too. I hope he lands somewhere else now that both OLTL and DH are over. I had really forgotten just how long he'd been on until I was reminded watching the marathon. And he was such a sleaze in the beginning I mean, he's far from perfect now, but you can certainly see his growth as a character - perfect example when he was talking to Matthew today. I'm so glad they picked up on his comic potential way back when and ran with it!
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd View Post
    That was great! And then he's all...and she's just a TV actress OLTL is great at giving little winks to long time fans. Like in heaven, when Cole asked Luna where they were and she kinda looked at the camera and said "Oh, somewhere....between Heaven and Hell," which of course was the original working title for OLTL.

I love Tuc too. I hope he lands somewhere else now that both OLTL and DH are over. I had really forgotten just how long he'd been on until I was reminded watching the marathon. And he was such a sleaze in the beginning I mean, he's far from perfect now, but you can certainly see his growth as a character - perfect example when he was talking to Matthew today. I'm so glad they picked up on his comic potential way back when and ran with it!
    I missed the part of the SoapNet marathon with Bo and Nora's wedding, so I had to go watch it on YouTube. The technicolor dreamcoat and "insert names"....SO funny. It really starts to get good around the 5:15 mark: OLTL: Bo & Nora's Wedding,Pt.1-6/7/10 - YouTube

Him saying ALL of Nora's last names and then "If you're thinking Coulson, you're wrong. That marriage was annulled." =

He really turned what could have been a one-dimensional baddie/himbo into, I think, one of the most memorable characters on daytime.

The one thing I'm most sad about with the ending of the show is that there's no Dorian. That just seems SO wrong. Robin Strasser was such a huge part of the show for so long. I can't believe it's ending without her.

It's VERY obvious that OLTL had a lot more time to wrap up than AMC did. Look at how many former cast members they got back. It's been wonderful seeing Jessica Tuck and so many others. I wish AMC had been given more respect and time to finish things in a more satisfying way. I only hope that the final show doesn't have a lame cliffhanger that we'll never have resolved like we did with AMC.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I missed the part of the SoapNet marathon with Bo and Nora's wedding, so I had to go watch it on YouTube. The technicolor dreamcoat and "insert names"....SO funny. It really starts to get good around the 5:15 mark: OLTL: Bo & Nora's Wedding,Pt.1-6/7/10 - YouTube

Him saying ALL of Nora's last names and then "If you're thinking Coulson, you're wrong. That marriage was annulled." =

He really turned what could have been a one-dimensional baddie/himbo into, I think, one of the most memorable characters on daytime.

The one thing I'm most sad about with the ending of the show is that there's no Dorian. That just seems SO wrong. Robin Strasser was such a huge part of the show for so long. I can't believe it's ending without her.

It's VERY obvious that OLTL had a lot more time to wrap up than AMC did. Look at how many former cast members they got back. It's been wonderful seeing Jessica Tuck and so many others. I wish AMC had been given more respect and time to finish things in a more satisfying way. I only hope that the final show doesn't have a lame cliffhanger that we'll never have resolved like we did with AMC.
    Well, when I got a chance to watch a couple of episodes a few weeks ago they did do a nice send off for her, with all the Cramer women together.

Dorian was also one of my all-time faves. I sure wish she would be on today.

I'm watching the episode of The View right now and Robin is on with Erika and Jerry Ver Dorn. At least THEY recognize that she was a major part of the show.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I"m at work....but I DVR'd Looking forward to seeing the View (that may be one of the few times you will ever hear me say that )
    ilja likes this.
    Desiderata

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd View Post
    I"m at work....but I DVR'd Looking forward to seeing the View (that may be one of the few times you will ever hear me say that )
    Totally! I think the last time I watched was the AMC tribute episode!

I'm watching the episode of The View right now and Robin is on with Erika and Jerry Ver Dorn. At least THEY recognize that she was a major part of the show.
    I thought the show was fantastic, but I would have had a 5 hour special! lol! Robert and Hillary were so funny, loved the chicken! And James DePaiva looks real good!!!!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

JDP is about to come on here. I was surprised they didn't ask him back before the end like they did with so many other long-term characters. Kassie has said the same thing in the press. He was such a part of the show, I just don't get why they didn't have Max come back to town.

ETA: Okay, they're on right now and good grief, I cannot believe Kassie is in her 50's! She looks terrific!

+ Reply to Thread