+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 67 FirstFirst ... 949505152535455565758596061626364656667 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: One Life To Live

Re: One Life To Live

I was just thinking Michael Easton played a vampire on Port Charles, the GH spin off!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd View Post
    It's Wednesday. Only 2 more epi's left after today I really want John and Natalie to end up together too! I'm glad "The Mannings" are all going to Port Chuck, but I kinda wish ME was coming over as a different character. Although, it does leave room for a very interesting Liz/Jason/Sam/John quadrangle....just sayin'
    Derp That makes today's episode every more upsetting! That was too much time to waste on a new character in the last month of this show, much less the last 3 days. I can only hope that's the last we see of Neela. She bugs. For the last 2 days, I only want to see longstanding characters, not newbies.

There's already lots of speculation online about whether they'll put Michael Easton in a love triangle with Kelly Monaco and Steve Burton, since he and KM were a couple on PC. I'll admit to finding Jason and Sam a bit boring, so if they're going to bring John to town without Natalie, I'm all for having John cause some trouble for Jason!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate that we are losing this! I will NEVER watch the spew or the repulsion ever

David's humor. Gone forever. Oh, how sad. This is really not fair.

I cried my way through today's episode. I can't even imagine tomorrow I loved the way they did the farewell to "Fraternity Row" with having Viki talk about losing a beloved soap. It was a very clever way, that actually made sense, to give a legitimate good-bye to the fans and express the love we have for our shows. The way the camera panned across the cast as she talked about the heroes, villains, families, star-crossed lovers, characters we've watched grow up, and recasts - even when they're very different (Mia/Kassie ), was fabulous. I believed Viki when she said that she loved hearing from fans about what got them starting watching soaps. And the way they talked about the big shocker in the finale of FR....well, I'm almost expecting some huge shocker now in tomorrow's OLTL episode. Though nothing quite as surprising as finding out Viki or Nora has been a man this whole time Oh I am so going to miss this show And I'm with you Tapper, this is another viewer that will never tune in to those "other" shows.
    tapper01 and ilja like this.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

I was crying today too and feel so silly to admit I was crying over a soap opera. I couldn't help myself especially when Vicki started talking. I only wish I had been watching it more the past few weeks. I guess I did not realize it was this close to the end.

I brought it up with my sister and she was sad to hear the news too. I could not remember if she ever watched it so was surprised she thought it as big news as I did. I have not been watching it or any other soap that much in recent years but always knew it was there when I was off and I could easily enjoy it because there were always some familiar faces.

I am extremely happy that Todd & Blair are going to GH. That is the show I get to see more often simply because of the time it airs. They have been one of my favorite couples from the show.

Oh yeah, when my sister and I were talking about it, she talked about how she had never cried over a show like she did when Meghan died. She even remember the part about the tree and of course, I remembered Max.

I was so glad to see the 'real' Tina back with Cord a few weeks ago. She was one of my favorite characters from way back when.

I guess the thing is that I grew up with OLTL and it's been like an old friend through all the years, jeers and tears. I'm really, really sad to see it go. I wish another network would have picked it up. I'm extremely grateful that GH is still around as it kind of lessens the pain of losing the OLTL folks that seem more like family than just actors.

One last thing, I always did like Nikki better than Vicki.

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd View Post
    I cried my way through today's episode. I can't even imagine tomorrow I loved the way they did the farewell to "Fraternity Row" with having Viki talk about losing a beloved soap. It was a very clever way, that actually made sense, to give a legitimate good-bye to the fans and express the love we have for our shows. The way the camera panned across the cast as she talked about the heroes, villains, families, star-crossed lovers, characters we've watched grow up, and recasts - even when they're very different (Mia/Kassie ), was fabulous. I believed Viki when she said that she loved hearing from fans about what got them starting watching soaps. And the way they talked about the big shocker in the finale of FR....well, I'm almost expecting some huge shocker now in tomorrow's OLTL episode. Though nothing quite as surprising as finding out Viki or Nora has been a man this whole time Oh I am so going to miss this show And I'm with you Tapper, this is another viewer that will never tune in to those "other" shows.
    Just saw that scene now and I loved. In one speech everything that soaps mean to us. And the Blair bit was hysterical!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I loved that scene with Viki's voice over too! I cried through the whole thing. I liked that they focused on Starr when she talked about watching characters grow up on screen. I wasn't sure about the "Franternity Row" device at first, but they won me over today. That was the perfect way to talk about the show going off the air and to thank the fans.

No more David Vickers = I love how he talked about getting dissed by Judith Light! Nice little mention of one of the shows more well-known alumni.

About yesterday's show, I have to say that I found Starr and James breaking up really emotional. I didn't like the Ford brothers for a long time, but I was sad to see Bobby die and James break up with Starr. I think his expectations were unrealistic. Cole was her first love. Of course she's not going to feel the same way about anyone else after that.

So, tomorrow Destiny will have the baby and Matthew will have a change of heart. Will any of the newly reunited couples get married?

I'm happy the Mannings and John are going over to GH but, based on all the cancellation rumors, I have to wonder if this isn't a case of passing out the peanuts as the plane is crashing.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I loved today's episode. We are getting a true wrap up. Vicki's Voice over was awesome.

I hate that we are losing this show 43 years is a great run, and I have been there for 40 of those 43 years. Started watching because my older sister was watching. I hate that we are losing this and will NEVER EVER watch any self-help reality BS they put on. Guess in the summer, when I am not teaching, I will have more time to go to the pool and other things I would put off to Catch up on my shows.

ABC is screwing up big time. Hope they feel it!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I've been traveling and unable to watch the wind up of OLTL until today... was also sniffling during Vicky's voice over...I agree, a really great way to handle the ending, and loved the shots of various actors as what she said referred to them... eg., watching an actor grow up on the show...made me think also fo Robin on GH. Really sorry I missed the Cord/Tina reunion remarriage scenes. Does anyone have any kind of link to them? I'm sure they must be out there in the video universe somewhere. Excellent writing... So the Mannings and John are going to GH? Was that mentioned today, as I didn't think I saw that... Guess I'd better read the last couple of pages to catch up!
    Late edit...ok, caught up on the earlier spoiler ... don't see how they are going to get John to leave Nat and Liam now...for more than a temporary assignment... and how will Todd and Blair survive Tomas' return? Is Todd going to confess to the kidnapping and be forgiven? Is there some other mystery killer of Victor out there? Since I missed that whole arc I don't even know why Todd killed Victor--was Victor a bad guy? Are Todd and Blair going to follow their daughter to CA? what about their son?
    And obviously Matt is going to have a "moment" when he meets his child... how do they get all that into one more hour?
    Maybe Todd whisks Blair out of town to follow Blair and John chases him????
    Last edited by PWS; 01-13-2012 at 12:44 AM.

+ Reply to Thread