+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 67 FirstFirst ... 74748495051525354555657585960616263646566 ... LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: One Life To Live

Re: One Life To Live

Star is all grown up. Today's show was phenomenal. I'm going to miss this group of actors so much. I was an AMC fan who dabbled with OLTL - but the last few years I flip flopped.

I don't want anymore recipes or anymore decorating ideas - I want my soap!
    libgirl2 and tapper01 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Baby's Breath View Post
    Star is all grown up. Today's show was phenomenal. I'm going to miss this group of actors so much. I was an AMC fan who dabbled with OLTL - but the last few years I flip flopped.

I don't want anymore recipes or anymore decorating ideas - I want my soap!
    Amen, I stopped watching Oprah because I was tired of being told what I should read, how I should dress, how I should eat etc.... I like escapism and fun. I watch OL for that. I grew up with these characters, no celeb on the Revolution is going to take their places. Do they not get that we are tired of all these self help shows? People like fun, they want scandals etc.... not some too bit next big thing guru telling them about the latest fad diet or how they can be perfect. Maybe a stay at home mom wants to use that hour, while baby sleeps, to watch something she never gets a chance to see? What is wrong with taking off your shoes, putting up your feet and escaping reality for a few hours? Isn't it enough we are bombarded about this and that everywhere we turn? Sometimes its fun to see people behave in ways you never dare could or would.

Plus, I like the hunky men!
    Last edited by libgirl2; 01-06-2012 at 04:14 PM.
    tapper01, ilja and Baby's Breath like this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    Amen, I stopped watching Oprah because I was tired of being told what I should read, how I should dress, how I should eat etc.... I like escapism and fun. I watch OL for that. I grew up with these characters, no celeb on the Revolution is going to take their places. Do they not get that we are tired of all these self help shows? People like fun, they want scandals etc.... not some too bit next big thing guru telling them about the latest fad diet or how they can be perfect. Maybe a stay at home mom wants to use that hour, while baby sleeps, to watch something she never gets a chance to see? What is wrong with taking off your shoes, putting up your feet and escaping reality for a few hours? Isn't it enough we are bombarded about this and that everywhere we turn? Sometimes its fun to see people behave in ways you never dare could or would.

Plus, I like the hunky men!
    I could have bolded this whole post. I feel the same way. I'm just so sick of the "You're Not Good Enough" shows. I don't want someone telling me how THEY think I (or anyone else) should improve. I'm not a '50s housewife trying to please my man. I DON'T need them teaching me to cook. I DON'T need them teaching me how to decorate. I DON'T need them teaching me how to live. I DON'T need them teaching me how to lose weight (after all the food they taught me to make.).
    I want escapism, entertainment & stories to follow. I WANT MY SOAPS!!

Obviously I will NOT be tuning in to their latest insult against viewers.

Also, today when Clint had his heart attack & lied down beside Vicki that's when the tears came. Very good show this whole week.
    libgirl2, ilja and Baby's Breath like this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

I just watched the show on Soapnet and am in tears. It is so sappy, but I love this Show. Sure there have been some bad years, but I hung on. I told DH who rolled his eyes when he saw me watching it, would you rather watch an Oprah like self help show? He got it. Escapism....
    tapper01 likes this.

Definitely enjoyed Friday's episode (well, the whole week was good)...and thank god they finally rectified Jessica being Mitch's daughter! It was nice too that they didn't actually drop the whole "Alison has a major secret" line - way to bring it back after 3 (4?) years! My major concern is with everything that went on (both behind the scenes and on screen this week) we're going to be cheated out of a a wonderful wrap-up to our show. I'm still holding out hope that some how, some way, Todd did not actually kill Victor. But how do they find us closure with only 5 more episodes? Wow, 5

Also just wanted to mention how great the marathon was. But man you can really tell the difference between the soaps in their prime and what we have now. The episode with Todd and Blair's wedding and Marty and Patrick making love in Innish Craig is a prime example. Why can't they do romance like that anymore?.... I actually still own a well worn copy of Yeats that I bought entirely thanks to Patrick and his "Ahh penny, brown penny, brown penny. I am looped in the loops of her hair." And the music....sigh
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

I just love a good Vicki Goes to Heaven episode.

And this time with company!
    ilja likes this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

I loved Stacey's last line to Mitch.

So you age in heaven? Aw, well!

So Cole or Bobby... I think I know who will die.

The show is starting here soon. I really hope Cole dies (never liked the character), but I have a feeling it will be Ford.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I like the way they ended Cole's storyline, but Starr has some explaining to do to James.

I read this on ABC:

Roger Howarth (Todd), Kassie DePaiva (Blair), Kristen Alderson (Starr) and Michael Easton (John) – all longtime residents of Llanview and One Life to Live - are coming to General Hospital! They'll start taping in late January.
    tapper01 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread