+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 67 FirstFirst ... 6464748495051525354555657585960616263646566 ... LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: One Life To Live

Re: One Life To Live

I forgot about Bo and Delilah! I absolutely loved them back in the day. And there was Sam...didn't she die in a hot tub? And Jenny and David Rinaldi...and Katrina, and Mimi - and Pat (I think she ended up having an evil twin or something )....I think I started watching soon after the famous trial where Karen admitted she was a prostitute (Marco and Mario Dane!!)....I remember a story about an island, and evil Dr. Kipling, and some brain chip..... ahhhh, the good ole days I can remember stories and characters, but I have a hard time remembering timing - like what happened when and if one story happened before another. Not that I'm getting old or anything. Nope, that's not it!
    ilja likes this.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd View Post
    I forgot about Bo and Delilah! I absolutely loved them back in the day. And there was Sam...didn't she die in a hot tub? And Jenny and David Rinaldi...and Katrina, and Mimi - and Pat (I think she ended up having an evil twin or something )....I think I started watching soon after the famous trial where Karen admitted she was a prostitute (Marco and Mario Dane!!)....I remember a story about an island, and evil Dr. Kipling, and some brain chip..... ahhhh, the good ole days I can remember stories and characters, but I have a hard time remembering timing - like what happened when and if one story happened before another. Not that I'm getting old or anything. Nope, that's not it!
    Sam was married to Asa as well. Everyone seemed to marry Asa at least once, like on AMC when everyone married Adam or Palmer at least once.
    Katydyd likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I thought Sam and Asa married. There was someone I really liked her with though, but I can't remember who....was it Rafe? Or was he only with Delilah?
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

I thought Sam and Asa married. There was someone I really liked her with though, but I can't remember who....was it Rafe? Or was he only with Delilah?
    I think he married Sam. When she died, pregnant, Delilah carried the unborn child. He eventually fell in love with her and they married. Then she died. I think.

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    I think he married Sam. When she died, pregnant, Delilah carried the unborn child. He eventually fell in love with her and they married. Then she died. I think.
    By George I think you've got it! Death by hot tub, Delilah carries baby, falls in love with Rafe, dies, it does sound right...I think Except, wait - she can't have died, I think it was Rafe who died? Because Delilah was at Asa's funeral. Either way, I can't wait to see some of these older episodes - hopefully we'll catch a glimpse of some of these folks!
    Desiderata

I'd forgotten about all of these characters until you all started posting about them! I remember having quite the crush on Rafe back in the day.

I found this site - which I could spend WAY too much time exploring - that details all of the storylines of OLTL, all the way back to the 60's: Llanview Labyrinth: OLTL - Yearly Rewind
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

What an awesome site - thanks for posting Critical !! I guess I started tuning in sporadically in late 1979, at age 14. Wow, what a long time!!! I remember bits and pieces of the baby switch with Jenny and Katrina, and the Pat/Maggie switch. Probably summer of 1980 was when I really started watching (darn that pesky school getting in the way of my soaps - where was a VCR when you needed one? ) because I remember most everything from that year...well, not in detail of course, but...what a fun trip down memory lane. Oh SoapNet, what you could have been!
    Desiderata

By George I think you've got it! Death by hot tub, Delilah carries baby, falls in love with Rafe, dies, it does sound right...I think Except, wait - she can't have died, I think it was Rafe who died? Because Delilah was at Asa's funeral. Either way, I can't wait to see some of these older episodes - hopefully we'll catch a glimpse of some of these folks!
    I think that it was a case of her not really being dead.

They never are....
    libgirl2 likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

That's a great site. I clicked on it while at work & spent waaaayyyy too much time on it. I'd better not do that anymore, if I value my employment, & I do.

I know a lot of people don't care for all the time being spent on Rex & Gigi, but I loved Friday's episode reuniteing them. It's been obvious it was coming for a long time, but the writers did a good job making me anticipate it. The Clint/Vicki scenes were good too.
    I figure Natalie/John is coming too before the end.
    This show has been great the last year. It makes me extra sad it's going. I hope they continue to tie up more loose ends, but still leave enough to give us the feeling that Life goes on as usual in Llanview.
    Where was this kind of writing all of the drab & slow years?
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

+ Reply to Thread