+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 67 FirstFirst ... 5454647484950515253545556575859606162636465 ... LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: One Life To Live

Re: One Life To Live

So, Susan Lucci isn't continuing on with AMC after it goes off the air on ABC, but Erika Slezak is sticking with OLTL: OLTLís Erika Slezak, Michael Easton, Kassie DePaiva and Ted King Sign on With Prospect Park!

I'm curious to see who else signs with Prospect Park now that Erika is staying on the show.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Can someone please tell me WTH is on Cord's head?

Man, I'm going to miss David Vickers! Today when he was talking about how losing out on the part on Fraternity Row ruined his life because he couldn't audition for a big network show: "I'm not one to kiss and tell, but it rhymes with 'The Shmentalist."
    tapper01 and Baby's Breath like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Today I got to watch a little of OLTL and am disappointed in Matthew's attitude. I guess I have missed a lot. I thought he had died. What is the scoop. Todd and Blair back together? JOhn and Natalie?

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I've only started watching again recently...to see how they tie it all up---and I was hoping to see Tina and Cord again, but came back too late for that. Anyway, TOdd and Blair...Todd is trying to get back together with her by blaming TOmas (who is apparently Tea's brother and Blair's latest beau) for the death of Victor, who, I gather, was actually killed by Todd. It looks to Blair and Tea as if Tomas has run away because he's a killer, and Todd had a minion even force TOmas to video chat with Blair confessing to the killing. SO far Todd has not killed Tomas (but was under some pressure to do so from some other bad guy). John and Tea seem to have figured out what is going on, but didn't want to tell Blair for fear she would blow up at TOdd and Tomas would then be killed. I haven't watched the last few days, but that's where it was when I last looked in. Sorry, no info on Matthew.
    Oh yes, and Roxy was trying to get John and Natalie to tell each other they love each other.

PS, I'm just curious, did the David Vickers actor really try out for The Mentalist? I know he is on Desperate Housewives, and a bright light on that as well....another show about to go off the air.

Wow! Finally the kind of marathon I wish SoapNet had been doing all along! I just wish it didn't take the death of the genre to make it happen (And, btw, is anyone else as totally disgusted as I am that SoapNet is actually airing episodes of The Spew??!! Are you kidding me?) But, anyway, a real treat for long time fans on New Years Day...I know my DVR is going to get quite the work out

To commemorate One Life to LiveĎs 43-year-run, which comes to an end on Friday, Jan. 13, SOAPnet will spend New Yearís Day running a 14-hour marathon of episodes including some real oldies-but-goodies (meaning yes to Tina plunging over the Iguazu Falls but no Eterna jumpsuits).

Sunday, January 1
    10 am EST | On the witness stand, Karen Wolek (played by Judith Light) stuns everyone by admitting that she was a prostitute (original air date 3/6/79).

11 am | In Argentina, the boat Tina was on goes over the waterfall. Distraught Cord takes out his anger on Max. Kate feels itís her fault; Gabrielle tells Max that she can get along just fine without him. (OAD 3/9/87).

Noon | The Buchanan clan goes back in time to the old west for Clint and Ginnyís wedding; Asa and Cord canít figure out why pictures of Bo are missing (OAD 5/13/88).

1 pm | Jake is devastated as Megan dies in his arms (OAD 2/7/92).

2 pm | OLTLís 25th Anniversary show: Viki and Dorian are locked together in a secret room; In the hospital, Tina sits by Cordís bedside and reminisces about their history; Luna is adamant that Max is alive (OAD 7/15/93).

3 pm | Viki leaves her wedding and walks in on Dorianís affair with Joey; Powell holds Todd at gunpoint; David asks Tina to accept his proposal and secretly marry him (OAD 11/28/94).

4 pm | Todd and Blair are married and celebrate with a private wedding reception; Marty and Patrick sleep together; Kelly asks Joey to help her lose her virginity (OAD 11/14/95).

5 pm | Viki realizes that she (or, rather, Tori) killed Victor Lord, while Dorian is arrested for his murder (OAD 12/8/95).

6 pm | All of Asaís wives* turn out for his ďfuneral.Ē Adjusting to the news that sheís a Buchanan, Natalie makes an angry appearance at the service (OAD 11/16/01). *Watch for a subtle-yet-classic Mia Korf nod.

7 pm | One of the showís live episodes: Niki is desperate to get out of Vikiís marriage to Ben; Blair confronts Todd for lying to her that her baby died; Natalie warns Jen about Al. Angry Al tells Max he wants nothing to do with him; Antonio defends Keri to his mother re: her financial issues (OAD 5/14/02).

8 pm | In the hospital after being rescued from the pit, Natalie shares her feelings with John; Jess tries to tell Nash that sheís not Tess, but Tess takes over; Rex thanks Evangeline for saving Natalie (OAD 8/22/05).

9 pm | As he awaits his execution, an emotional Todd gives final goodbyes to his loves ones. Meanwhile, John has the evidence to prove Todd innocent, but can he get to the prison in time? Antonio pleads with Tess, as he tries to get through to Jessica (OAD 5/29/06).

10 pm | After Starr gives birth to Hope, she bonds with Blair and Marcie; Todd decides not to steal the baby, but Bess does instead; Viki saves Natalie and Jared from the bomb in the secret room; John reveals to Marty that it was Todd who raped her (OAD 11/10/08).

11 pm | In front of friends and family, Bo and Nora are married by David (OAD June 7, 2010).
    SOAPnet's OLTL Marathon Features Karen Wolek Confession, Tina Down the 'Falls, Time Travel - TVLine
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Oh how cool!!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    Oh how cool!!
    I know I can't wait to see some of these again (and the entire Karen Wolek episode for the first time, not just a clip)! I really love to see the old episodes (and by "old" I mean older than last year's recycled baby switch denoument from....well, take your pick). They have so many oldies but goodies they can pull from. Every once in a blue moon SoapNet will throw us a classic episode in one of the usual five episode marathons they do. But I know I would love to see more from before 2005! The 80's and early 90's were some of the best times for our shows. Why not do a marathon with classic Greg and Jenny, Patrick and Marty, or Robert and Anna? Especially while our shows are dying but SoapNet lives on (for tiny while anyway) show us the good stuff! I can promise any soap fan would rather watch classic soap episodes over "The Chew"!! Did I mention I was totally offended by that? I digress. Why not introduce people to characters that maybe they never got the chance to meet, but have surely heard about? Mona, Grandma Kate, Benny Sago, Heather Webber, Lila, Susan Moore (Jason Quartermaine's birth mother), Casey the Alien ()...there are tons!
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd View Post
    I know I can't wait to see some of these again (and the entire Karen Wolek episode for the first time, not just a clip)! I really love to see the old episodes (and by "old" I mean older than last year's recycled baby switch denoument from....well, take your pick). They have so many oldies but goodies they can pull from. Every once in a blue moon SoapNet will throw us a classic episode in one of the usual five episode marathons they do. But I know I would love to see more from before 2005! The 80's and early 90's were some of the best times for our shows. Why not do a marathon with classic Greg and Jenny, Patrick and Marty, or Robert and Anna? Especially while our shows are dying but SoapNet lives on (for tiny while anyway) show us the good stuff! I can promise any soap fan would rather watch classic soap episodes over "The Chew"!! Did I mention I was totally offended by that? I digress. Why not introduce people to characters that maybe they never got the chance to meet, but have surely heard about? Mona, Grandma Kate, Benny Sago, Heather Webber, Lila, Susan Moore (Jason Quartermaine's birth mother), Casey the Alien ()...there are tons!
    Soapnet could play a lot of classic episodes! Gee, they could run them nightly. Maybe even include a brief explanation as to who some of the people are who might not know all of their soaps history.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I wish they would go back even farther. Vicki and Joe Reily and Vicki and the REal Clint

Asa and his wedding to Alex

Bo and Deliah

There is a wealth of shows they could give us
    Katydyd likes this.

+ Reply to Thread