+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657585960616263 ... LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: One Life To Live

Re: One Life To Live

The scene with Jessica telling Todd about her D.I.D. and what has happened since he's been gone was awesome! RH just leaves TSJ in the dust.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    The scene with Jessica telling Todd about her D.I.D. and what has happened since he's been gone was awesome! RH just leaves TSJ in the dust.

That was fantastic. And I do think Jessica believes him. She brought up some good points.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    That was fantastic. And I do think Jessica believes him. She brought up some good points.
    Uggg!!! I'm loving the scenes of the "Todds" together!! Wish this could go on and on!!! They play off eachother so well.

The two Todds AND David Vickers =

"I guess this means I'm going to have to renounce Buddhism." What am I going to do when this show ends and I can't get my regular dose of David Vickers?
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    The two Todds AND David Vickers =

"I guess this means I'm going to have to renounce Buddhism." What am I going to do when this show ends and I can't get my regular dose of David Vickers?
    Exactly! Maybe if the writers had created more with these actors/characters/stories instead of the Jess/Tess/Dude... the show could have hung in there! For awhile I wasn't sure I cared if it ended but not I'll miss these interactions---very entertaining!

Victor Lord Jr??? Really?

I'll totally go along for the ride if it means RH is Todd!

I can't believe they're writing Dorian out. They really screwed Robin Strasser over on this one. Maybe they just don't like how outspoken she's been about the cancellation.

Loved Todds (RH) scenes with his granddaughter today. WHY WHY WHY did they wait so long to bring him back!!??

Those were great scenes, Minney! I loved him turning to see Blair listening in on him telling his personal version of the Beauty and the Beast story to Hope.

I think they tried to get RH back before, but he was not open to it for a long time. I know that he left the show in large part because he felt uncomfortable playing a rapist and having women consider him a heartthrob. He even said that at least one women yelled out "Rape me, Todd!" at a fan event, which I find pretty horrifying. I think the thing with RH's Todd is that he always was dangerous. You never knew how he would react to things and he never really did react in the conventional way. That's what made the scenes with Hope and Starr today all the better - because Todd normally doesn't buy into the loving family stuff. Starr's line about missing him and not even knowing why had me a little teary. I've not always been her biggest fan, but I think she's been doing a terrific job lately. I hate the whole Baz storyline, but I love her with her family and with James.

With Trevor, Todd seems, well, almost neutered. He never quite captured Todd's "edge" and that's really obvious now that we can see him alongside RH. I read an interview with Trevor and he said that
    Click to see Spoiler:
    his upcoming exit from the show doesn't mean he got fired - it just means the writers decided they didn't want to write for his character any more. Um, honey, that means you got fired! "I didn't get fired. They just want someone else to do my job now"

I think in the last couple of years TSJ's Todd wasn't living up to the original Todd. And I agree seeing them together you can so see how RH owns that character. The scenes with Starr and Hope... now that's Todd! Todd might be alot of things but he adores Starr! And contrast that with TSJ/Todd scenes and I felt like "wow, how could I not see the difference?"

+ Reply to Thread