+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 67 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061 ... LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: One Life To Live

Re: One Life To Live

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Brian Frons doesn't seem to know the right way to do anything. I can't believe they have the nerve to air promos for The Chew during AMC.
    I saw the preview and said to the TV "I will not be joining you to see this stupid show!" Blechhh!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I know. Even if it wasn't replacing AMC, I would have no interest. Mario Batali makes my skin crawl, as does Carla Hall. Wouldn't watch it even if you paid me. There are several channels with only food and lifestyle shows. Aside from the obvious - that I'm not going to watch just on principle - I don't see the need for a show like this.

I missed part of today's episode. Is Destiny pregnant? Like we haven't seen that storyline before.

I forgot to mention that
    Click to see Spoiler:
    both Gina Tognoni and Tom Degnan are leaving the show some time this summer. I guess that means Kelly and Joey will leave Llanview together. With all these departures, who they heck will be left!? I'm going to assume that Tuc Watkins is leaving soon, since Robin Strasser is going. He's one of the actors I'll miss the most. I've never seen him in any role that gives him as much good material as OLTL. I still laugh over David performing Bo and Noro's wedding.

Tom Degnan has grown on me as Joey, but I'm also sad because, with him in that role, that leaves no chance of Nathan Fillion returning before the show ends
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

so I was in the hospital most of last week and had training this week. What has happened to Gigi? Did they give her heart to Clint? Did she have a nice funeral?

She went to meet the fake girl that Jack Manning invented on the Internet to chat with Shane (who Shane knew was Jack). Because she's little and was wearing Shane's hoodie, Jack thought she was Shane and locked her in a basement of some building and she couldn't get out. There was a Carbon Monoxide leak and she died. Of course, Jack is a complete sociopath and is blaming everyone but himself and yet Todd is still protecting him. They don't have evidence to prove that it was Jack since the computer he was using to talk to Shane isn't his and they can't prove it was him chatting with Shane.

As far as I know, they haven't had a funeral for her yet.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01 View Post
    so I was in the hospital most of last week and had training this week. What has happened to Gigi? Did they give her heart to Clint? Did she have a nice funeral?
    It makes me so disgusted that they are "releasing" so many wonderful actors & characters, but still pushing those dreadful Ford brothers on us & including them in stories they have no business in. And now I've read they're actually bringing back that awful stripper/hooker/whatever other trash she was. For this we lose interesting characters we actually want to watch???

On another thought, I'm not a cryer, but today's episode with Rex saying goodbye to Gigi with the wedding & all, had tears running down my face. I was sobbing out loud.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    It makes me so disgusted that they are "releasing" so many wonderful actors & characters, but still pushing those dreadful Ford brothers on us & including them in stories they have no business in. And now I've read they're actually bringing back that awful stripper/hooker/whatever other trash she was. For this we lose interesting characters we actually want to watch???

On another thought, I'm not a cryer, but today's episode with Rex saying goodbye to Gigi with the wedding & all, had tears running down my face. I was sobbing out loud.
    I was in tears too. JP has really grown as an actor since he's been on the show and he poured it all into that scene. Plus, there's the fact that they're a couple IRL. PLUS, there are my own feelings about them killing off another character I like.

I don't hate the Ford brothers the way I used to, but I still would rather have vets around than these newbies. I do like the James/Starr pairing - I never thought the actor who played Cole was any good OR had chemistry with Kristen Alderson. The Ford/Tess story line is just awful. They got rid of Langston for that?

I still wonder if they're going to bring back Thorsten Kaye so that Marty can ride off into the sunset with Patrick. Of course, she's crazy as a loon now, so maybe that won't happen....

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I still wonder if they're going to bring back Thorsten Kaye so that Marty can ride off into the sunset with Patrick. Of course, she's crazy as a loon now, so maybe that won't happen....
    They did, but it was a fake Patrick!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Some good news for fans of One Life To Live and All My Children. The network has made some kind of deal and the shows will continue on the internet as webisodes. The info should be at TVGuide.com.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

We've been discussing it over in the All My Children thread

Did anyone catch the explaination of how Todd was able to survive being shot and thrown in the water? I used to watch OLTL back when my kids were little (a couple decades ago) and have only started watching again this summer because the original Todd is back. I have no idea what's been going on with all the other characters over the years, but I want to follow the Todd arc.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread