+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 67 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555 ... LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: One Life To Live

It amazes me that Paul Satterfield played such a believable good guy as Paul Hornsby on GH and such a complete scumbag on this show. I guess he must actually have some talent! I was initially excited to see him on OLTL...until I realized his character was going to be a big baddie. I wish him well, but I hope Spencer gets his comeuppance soon!

I'm glad the hairdo was for a role. I was seriously questioning his judgement!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Recap for today: Rex and Bruce struggled with a gun and it went off killing Bruce. While embracing Adriana, he noticed blood on her shirt. While Dorian was trying to figure out where it was coming from, Rex collapsed. He had been shot. He told Adriana he loved her and stopped breathing but Dorian and Adriana were able to bring him back. Adriana announced to Dorian that she never wanted to see her again. Kelly told Kevin that she can't come home with him. David and Paige had fun tormenting Spencer. The police searched Spencer's office and found a lock box which may contain the drugs used to erase Margaret's memory.
    When Janice (the CFS lady) told Michael and Marcie there was a couple interested in adopting Tommy, Michael and Marcie had a talk and decided that they want to adopt Tommy. They took him home for good.
    Natalie had a heart-to-heart with Clint about Dorian.
    That's all I can really remember. If anyone else remembers anything, please add.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Big news in Llanview. According to SOD:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    John is going to get into a major car accident that will leave him presumed dead!
    I hate this idea! I love
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Jatalie and really want them to be together forever.
    I wonder if the fans can do the same thing with that that they did with the actor who played Al and just keep writing in and begging them not to get rid of him. I'll do it. Heck, I won't just write. If I have to, I'll call them. He warms my heart every time I see him on screen. IMHO, he makes the show better. If you're going to get rid of anybody, get rid of stupid Dorian!!!!!
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl View Post
    Big news in Llanview. According to SOD:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    John is going to get into a major car accident that will leave him presumed dead!
    I hate this idea! I love
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Jatalie and really want them to be together forever.
    I wonder if the fans can do the same thing with that that they did with the actor who played Al and just keep writing in and begging them not to get rid of him. I'll do it. Heck, I won't just write. If I have to, I'll call them. He warms my heart every time I see him on screen. IMHO, he makes the show better. If you're going to get rid of anybody, get rid of stupid Dorian!!!!!
    NO!! No getting rid of the history of the show!!!!! We need Vicky and Dorian!:nono

They're not getting rid of him. He just resigned his contract after a lengthy period of time where he thought he wasn't going to come back. So I think this might be just a way to give him negotiated time off.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    They're not getting rid of him. He just resigned his contract after a lengthy period of time where he thought he wasn't going to come back. So I think this might be just a way to give him negotiated time off.
    Sort of like how they had Hilary B. Smith in a coma for months on end?

ITA - they should NEVER get rid of Dorian - she's a huge part of why I continue to watch. I may not like her all the time, but I love hating her! Personally, I don't like the actor you mentioned or the character he plays. Plus, he needs a haircut!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Okay. Very very clever of them. Have an unidentifiable body next to John's badge and ID. Then have that body holding the only thing that his brother could use to identify him as his brother.
    Here's the cenerio. Last Friday, the show ended with John getting hit head-on by an 18-wheeler causing him to be thrown from the car as it exploded which caused a huge pile-up. AC police captain contacts Bo telling him that they found a Llanview police badge and unidentifiable Identification near a body. Bo runs the badge number and it comes up as John McBain's ID. He tells the captain he'll be right there and brings Michael to the crash site to identify the body. The only thing that told the captain that it was John's car they found the body and badge near was that they ran the plates and it came back registered to John McBain. Michael and Bo view the charred body (that they don't show). Michael starts giving obscure descriptions that could describe any number of people in this country especially AC.
    Michael: White Male, 30's at least, approx. 6 feet, hair of undetermined length and color, tattoo on his right arm.
    Bo: Is it John?
    Michael: Difficult to say.
    He moves down the body and finds the body clutching what I can only assume was a St. Christopher medal on a chain. He breaks down and says it's John.
    Bo: Are you sure?
    Michael: He never wore it but he always kept it with him. Natalie gave it to him for Christmas.
    Okay. Now for the descriptions:
    White male: Well, duh. There are millions of caucasian males in this country.
    30's at least: Okay, that narrows it down to....still millions
    6 feet: Okay, still millions
    hair of undetermined length and color: hmm...okay maybe hundreds of thousands on that one.
    tattoo on his right arm: Hmmm, still hundreds of thousands of men have tattoos on their arms.
    St. Christopher medal clutched in his hand: Okay, there are thousands upon thousands upon thousands of Catholics and others who keep St. Christopher medals on them while they're driving. That's what it's for. St. Christopher is the patron saint of protection (or travel...whatever). St. Christopher proctect us. The only reason I know it's not John is because SOD said the accident would leave him "presumed" dead.
    I have to say, however, that Nathanial Marston deserves a Daytime Emmy for his performance yesterday. Talk about a gut-wrenching, heart-breaking scene. He just fell apart. What an incredible acting job he did. Definitely worthy of an award! Way to go Nathanial.

I agree, nilesgirl... it was wonderful. The way they chose to write that storyline is quite heartbreaking also in its duplication of nearly the exact details of a case her in Michigan and Indiana back in April/May where there was a semi/van accident and two girls got misidentified because one's ID got placed on the other. Eerie.

I remember hearing about that. OMG. Bo is telling poor Natalie about John. Am I the only one who's getting a little annoyed with Marcie's constant ramblings?? Michael's trying to tell her about John, he's clearly upset and Marcie just doesn't shut up.

OMG OMG OMG!!!!!! Okay, today, Paige said that Hugh went out of town and she hasn't been able to reach him. Meanwhile, we see a patient at a small hospital (I think it was AC). The patient was completely wrapped head to toe in bandages (badly burned from the same accident John was in.) An officer said that the id in the bag near him said it was Hugh Hughes so they called Paige. This tells me one thing (I 1/2 want it to be true and 1/2 don't). It probably means that Hugh is the one who died in the accident and John is the one wrapped in bandages. Very very similiar to that case with the 2 girls who look very much alike and they mixed up their identities. While I don't want Hugh to be dead, I really really want John to be alive. Another heartbreaking scene today as Michael told mom about John. She suggested giving the engagement ring to Natalie and telling her that John was planning to propose. Michael doesn't think it's a good idea but Marcie tells him that if anything were to happen to him, she would want to know every single thing that was going through his mind right up until the moment he died and therefore it would be a good idea to tell Natalie. I don't know how I feel about that. I know that they are telling her but I honestly think that will make her feel worse not better. I don't know that I'd want to know. Any thoughts? Also, today, Jessica saw Claudia leaving Nash's apartment and sharing a friendly peck on the cheek. (Nash and Claudia had a drunken night of passion the night before) and Natalie blamed Spencer for John's "death".

+ Reply to Thread