+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 67 FirstFirst ... 383940414243444546474849505152535455565758 ... LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: One Life To Live

Re: One Life To Live

A casting spoiler that may mean the beginnings of TPTB wrapping up storylines:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Could Patrick Thornhart be returning to Llanview to help usher out the departing Susan Haskell (Marty)? ONE LIFE TO LIVE has put out a casting call for the day player gig of a "Thorsten Kaye Body Double" with "long hair." Fans no doubt remember Marty's true love boasting luxurious locks! Casting begins April 25

I found it really ironic that the show's cancellation was announced right as last week's ratings had OLTL beating GH for 3rd place (AMC was in last place). Plus, yesterday's show had those fantastic scenes between Blair, Jack and Rex. This show is improving like crazy and they just cancel it.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    A casting spoiler that may mean the beginnings of TPTB wrapping up storylines:
    Oh my first Roger now this!!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    Oh my first Roger now this!!
    I know, right? This just shows, IMO, that they've known for a while that the show is ending.

I'm especially bummed about OLTL getting cancelled, because it's really been improving. When ATWT was canceled, I'm pretty sure OLTL was last in the ratings, or at least close to it. People were pointing to it as the next "target" for cancellation. It's clear that Frons doesn't care what the ratings are - he just wants the show gone.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Today's rerun from 1995 was awesome!

The beginnings of Patrick (..."Brown penny, brown penny....." *SIGH*) and Marty in Ireland, Roger Howarth's Todd marrying Blair, Nathan Fillion as Joey.... Was that Jessica in the wedding? She was like 4 years old! I must say, Todd's scar looked like it was drawn on with a Sharpie. Cassie de Paiva looks about the same, but her voice sounds so young!

I'd love it if they picked this specific episode because Patrick is coming back from the dead, but I suspect it has more to do with Roger Howarth possibly coming back. There's been lots of speculation online and in various soap mags, but no solid info. I read something that said it could be setting him up to return OR it could just be honoring the show's history in case Roger won't return OR they could be holding him in reserve in case contract negotiations with Trevor St. John don't go well - they could just plug Roger back into the role. I know he really hated being considered a sex symbol when his character was a rapist. I'd be interested to see what they would do with the character to entice him back.

There have been several "original" actors who returned to shows to play a character after many years - Lucky on GH and Scott on AMC come to mind. Maybe Todd will be next

ETA: OMG, it wasn't Jessica in the wedding, it was Hayden Panettiere as Sarah, Tina's daughter!
    One more currently famous actor who got her start on the soaps!

I'm anxious to see how they're going to write Roger Howarth's character ( former Todd Manning) in the script!

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002 View Post
    I'm anxious to see how they're going to write Roger Howarth's character ( former Todd Manning) in the script!
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I'm hearing Manning twins from some spoiler sites.
    I joked that maybe RH is Walker Lawrence? Either way, I love RH and am thrilled he is back. OLTL is getting so good!
    Last edited by Critical; 05-18-2011 at 03:35 PM. Reason: Added spoiler tags

Click to see Spoiler:
    I'm hearing Manning twins
    Click to see Spoiler:
    from some spoiler sites.
    I joked that maybe RH is Walker Lawrence? Either way, I love RH and am thrilled he is back. OLTL is getting so good!
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I wouldn't mind Manning twins.
    I really don't want to revisit the whole Walker Lawrence thing. They wrapped that up definitively when TSJ came in. They'd have to do a lot of history rewriting & changing. I hate that.

I get a very strong impression from the dialog lately, especially with Tomas, the scar & the 8 years thing, that RH is going to be the "real" Todd. I don't like that. TSJ is Todd to me. He came on just after I started watching. I want RH to be a twin or something.
    The whole DNA testing was stressed, not to mention old memories & personality traits & Starr knowing almost from the beginning that even with a new face, that was her dad.
    Most of all, I absolutely do NOT want either one of them to be some totally unrelated stranger. Too much to try to make us forget we saw or heard.
    Last edited by Critical; 05-18-2011 at 03:36 PM. Reason: Added spoiler tags
    "Some of us learn from other people's mistakes and the rest of us have to be other people."

Please make sure that, if you're repeating something you read on a spoiler site, you use spoiler tags here

Because they're now having to start working on how to finish the series (), I think they may handle RH's return differently than they might have. I can see them having Blair end up with RH, who will be the real Todd and Tea ending up with Trevor's faux Todd.

For me, although Trevor has made Todd his own, Roger is the real Todd. I've been watching this show for over 30 years. The rape storyline was one the better things they've ever done on this show. When I think about it now though, it makes me sad because they're making Susan Haskell play such silly material, when Marty was such a strong character back during the trial. They tanked that character when they had her in a relationship with Todd - even with amnesia, that was a horrid storyline.

Roger will always be Todd. Trevor has been excellent, but no one can be Todd the way Roger can. I guess everyone has their preference, especially if you watched one or the other more.

Sorry about the spoiler mistake! Me bad!

Roger will always be Todd. Trevor has been excellent, but no one can be Todd the way Roger can. I guess everyone has their preference, especially if you watched one or the other more.

Sorry about the spoiler mistake! Me bad!
    No biggie about the spoiler. I had to stop myself earlier from doing the same thing!

ITA about Roger vs. Trevor. I respected Roger's reasons for leaving the show and not wanting to play Todd anymore, but I've missed him. I grew to like Trevor, but he never really was Todd for me. I really hope they don't botch Roger's return!

+ Reply to Thread