+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 67 FirstFirst ... 353637383940414243444546474849505152535455 ... LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: One Life To Live

Re: One Life To Live

I am really sick of the story line surrounding Cole and Star. Can they not just have one summer happy together raising their daughter and starting their real adult life now that they are both out of HS?

I could reach through that screen and throttle that fluzzy Hannah

I just read that
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Brandon Buddy - and sorry, that's a ridiculous name - did not re-sign and will be leaving the show. I don't know what that means for Starr and Cole or when his last air date is. Maybe they'll re-cast, which would not upset me. I've never been that impressed with him as an actor

I have to say, although I thought the build up to Bo and Nora's wedding was pretty silly, I enjoyed the actual ceremony, although probably because of David more than anything else. SOD reprinted my favorite part of the ceremony: "Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to join INSERT NAMES...oh! We are here to join my Paw and his lovely ex-wife, Nora Hanen Gannon Buchanon Hanen Buchanon Buchanon. If you're thinking Coulson, you're wrong. That marriage was annulled."

Tuc Watkins just makes every scene he's in better. I'm glad they've got a nice relationship with him that allows him to do other work like Desperate Housewives and the play he did recently and still come back to town regularly. He's just about my favorite thing on the show and I love his scenes with Erika Slezak. David and Viki have a nice, easy friendship and the two actors have such good chemistry.

ETA: See, here's why you shouldn't consider Twitter a source of news. The spoiler above about Brandon Buddy leaving the show apparently aren't true. He claims his Twitter account was hacked....which is probably an excuse that celebs use a lot when they tweet about things they shouldn't So, sadly, we will be putting up with his bad acting for the foreseeable future, darnit.
    Last edited by Critical; 06-26-2010 at 12:59 AM.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

RISTUPIDICULAME!! realrealtvfan's Avatar

James Ford all the way!! Cole is getting on my nerves. If he wanted star maybe he shouldn't have beat her dad to a pulp. She wants to forgive him cause he's Hope's dad but I say leave him. James is way better.
    "I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you....STRANGER" The Joker

I'm sitting here watching a very old episode of Roseanne and it's the one where she fantasizes that she's on OLTL and being fought over by the Buchanan men - Cord, Bo and Clint. It was the real Clint, i.e. Clint Ritchie. I'll admit, I teared up seeing him so unexpectedly.

I'm happy to see Vicki and Charlie back on the front burner. The scenes with them and David and Dorian are terrific.

I'm wondering how they're going to save Tea. No WAY they're going to kill her off....at least I haven't read anything about the actress leaving the show. It's been a nice little device to get her and Danielle and Todd all to be a family, but I really don't want her to die.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;4034433;
    I'm sitting here watching a very old episode of Roseanne and it's the one where she fantasizes that she's on OLTL and being fought over by the Buchanan men - Cord, Bo and Clint. It was the real Clint, i.e. Clint Ritchie. I'll admit, I teared up seeing him so unexpectedly.

I'm happy to see Vicki and Charlie back on the front burner. The scenes with them and David and Dorian are terrific.

I'm wondering how they're going to save Tea. No WAY they're going to kill her off....at least I haven't read anything about the actress leaving the show. It's been a nice little device to get her and Danielle and Todd all to be a family, but I really don't want her to die.
    Hey, they had Todd get plastic surgery in order to bring on a new actor to replace Roger Horwarth, so anything is possible. Tea will probably get kidnapped or will somehow disappear from the hospice. Then if they do bring her back later she will have been cured of the brain tumor but will have lost all memory of Todd and Danielle. There is always a way to get around it on these soap operas. It doesn't even have to make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan;4035129;
    Hey, they had Todd get plastic surgery in order to bring on a new actor to replace Roger Horwarth, so anything is possible. Tea will probably get kidnapped or will somehow disappear from the hospice. Then if they do bring her back later she will have been cured of the brain tumor but will have lost all memory of Todd and Danielle. There is always a way to get around it on these soap operas. It doesn't even have to make sense.
    I'm sure you're right. I'll be curious to see how they do it. I mean, on AMC, more than one woman has gone over a cliff ON CAMERA only to be brought back to town later after she's been nursed back to health by David Hayward.

So now there are three Fords? I can't tell any of those guys apart and I don't really care about them. They are taking screen time from Cole and that's a good thing, but they all look so much alike, especially two of them - I don't know their names because I can't tell them apart - that I can't figure out what's going on. No, I don't watch the show religiously, but I watch it enough that I should be able to tell them apart.

They're going to have to have Bree Williamson stand behind a brick wall to hide her belly soon. She's really getting big!

when did Clint get this nasty???

I hope that Brody is Jess's baby daddy and that John is Natalie's

I also am SICK sick SICK of Marty. Didn't like her much as a teen...don't like her now

Clint was a pretty nasty guy back in the day. They're just returning him to form, I guess. I've never liked Clint as much as Asa and Bo, so I'm not happy that he's causing trouble for characters I like.

I love how the episode description for today's show said something like "Jessica and Natalie get the DNA results." It omits the fact that WE won't learn the results until Monday! Of course, Natalie's baby AND Jessica's baby will be Brody's and yet again, we won't find out who Rex's real father is because of the doctored results. Since John is so adamant that he could never love another man's baby, Nat's baby won't be his. Since Brody has said he'll love the baby no matter what, Jess will be having his baby and not Ford's. I understand why they would do it that way, but I hope Nat's baby turns out to be John's. (this is all speculation, of course - I could be totally wrong....but I doubt it )

I am SO happy that Cole is gone! I was not a fan of the actor - he's always been kind of wooden - and I didn't like the character either. I hope they pair Starr up with James now. He's adorable and he can act.

Since Thorsten Kaye has left AMC and it's been coming for some time, I've been hoping they'd bring him back as Patrick. Now, with the way Marty's been acting, I almost don't want him to come back because I don't want her to be happy!

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;4109834;
    Clint was a pretty nasty guy back in the day. They're just returning him to form, I guess. I've never liked Clint as much as Asa and Bo, so I'm not happy that he's causing trouble for characters I like.

I love how the episode description for today's show said something like "Jessica and Natalie get the DNA results." It omits the fact that WE won't learn the results until Monday! Of course, Natalie's baby AND Jessica's baby will be Brody's and yet again, we won't find out who Rex's real father is because of the doctored results. Since John is so adamant that he could never love another man's baby, Nat's baby won't be his. Since Brody has said he'll love the baby no matter what, Jess will be having his baby and not Ford's. I understand why they would do it that way, but I hope Nat's baby turns out to be John's. (this is all speculation, of course - I could be totally wrong....but I doubt it )I am SO happy that Cole is gone! I was not a fan of the actor - he's always been kind of wooden - and I didn't like the character either. I hope they pair Starr up with James now. He's adorable and he can act.

Since Thorsten Kaye has left AMC and it's been coming for some time, I've been hoping they'd bring him back as Patrick. Now, with the way Marty's been acting, I almost don't want him to come back because I don't want her to be happy!
    Somehow I doubt we will get the accurate REAL results of the DNA tests for sometime down the road... I've never seen a DNA test come back on a soap accurate the first time!! Still hoping each babydaddy is the correct partner, would love to see John as a father to a little girl!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;4035467;
    I'm sure you're right. I'll be curious to see how they do it. I mean, on AMC, more than one woman has gone over a cliff ON CAMERA only to be brought back to town later after she's been nursed back to health by David Hayward.

So now there are three Fords? I can't tell any of those guys apart and I don't really care about them. They are taking screen time from Cole and that's a good thing, but they all look so much alike, especially two of them - I don't know their names because I can't tell them apart - that I can't figure out what's going on. No, I don't watch the show religiously, but I watch it enough that I should be able to tell them apart.
    They're going to have to have Bree Williamson stand behind a brick wall to hide her belly soon. She's really getting big!
    I only get to watch daytime now and again, and what with all the recasts (and new people) I'd have no clue as to who was whom, EXCEPT that I use the captioning button, and for some reason on soaps it doesn't just give the dialogue it says the name of the speaker... so it looks like...

David: I've been secretly taking care of Greenlee
    Erica: No, that's not possible!

Etc. Very helpful! Also good for actors who mumble! I have to say in general soaps are among the easiest shows to watch when your hearing starts to slip, lots of close ups of faces and rarely any overlapping speech, but I just automatically turn on the captioning now, and lo and behold, they identify the characters!
    Last edited by PWS; 11-21-2010 at 09:17 PM.

+ Reply to Thread