+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 67 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: One Life To Live

Re: One Life To Live

You sure said a mouthful... And I agree with it all. I think it's just a matter of time before there's a Britney / Starr face off - and because of Starr's parents, I'm sure she'll just kick some Brit-butt!

According to Soaps.com, Vange isn't coming back because they couldn't reach a contract agreement, and Todd is supposed to come back "sometime in June."

Did something happen to Evangeline? I must have missed it.

I cannot stand crybaby Marty.

Quote Originally Posted by kattatude;2427252;
    Did something happen to Evangeline? I must have missed it.

I cannot stand crybaby Marty.
    Evangaline (along with Chris, Nora and Talia or whatever her name is) were victims of the OPP (One Pure People) (all I can think of is that stupid 80's or 90's rap song) when they all got trapped in Vega's apartment by the white supremist guy (who now the cops are thinking might be Tate). What happened was when the group (Chris, Nora, Vange and Talia) got into the apartment, OPP leader sealed them in and then proceeded to filter gas or something into the apartment using the vents. They all passed out and Lindsay was knocked unconcious outside the apartment when she showed up to talk to Chris about his paintings or something. Because Vange was standing right under the fan that was sending all the gas into the apartment, she got the brunt of the toxic fumes and is now in a coma that she may never wake up from. Now they may very well find someone else to play her but Goldsberry is not returning because they couldn't reach an agreement on her contract.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Rumors are buzzing that Melissa Gallo will be leaving OLTL. In a public statment she said that she'll be around for about 8 more months. So much for a lasting Rex/Adrianna relationship...

Marston isn't supposed to be leaving the show is he? Or the girl who plays Marty?
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl;2430759;
    Marston isn't supposed to be leaving the show is he? Or the girl who plays Marty?
    No word on either one, so my guess is that no news is good news.

Okay. Do we really need a musical in the middle of a soap opera? I mean we already had the whole High School Musical thing. Do we really need another one???? And is it a little too obvious to believe that Tate's father (what's his name again?) is the one involved with the OPP attacks? I mean, it looks like him. But since when have soaps made these things that obvious?? Anyway. I don't get why, since she finally told John the truth about killing Spencer (we think), why Marty couldn't finish the truth and tell him exactly why she married Miles. Tell John that Miles threatened John and told her that Cole would be lost in the system if she goes to prison for Spencer's murder. John's a cop. What Miles is doing is illegal. Couldn't he arrest Miles for blackmail and there has to be something else illegal about how Miles got Marty to marry him. And threatening the life of a police officer isn't too swift either. Who was that girl that found Todd in the bed? She seems to know who he is.

I haven't watched this one in years but thought ya'll might be interested in this, if you don't already know. From tvguide.com

Click to see Spoiler:
    As reported in TV Guide's June 18 issue, One Life to Live has decided to kill off Phil Carey's beloved character, Asa Buchanan. The much-married, conniving cowboy will bite the dust off camera in August.

Sigh.

Carey made his debut on OLTL in 1979. His Asa was established as the ornery patriarch of the billionaire Buchanan clan, who relocated from Texas to romance the ladies of Llanview, Pennsylvania.

Back in the late '70s and early '80s, the daytime soaps loved to copycat the hit primetime sudsers, so viewers saw lots of characters inspired by the success of Dallas. Hence, the Buchanans of OLTL. Another World even launched a short-lived spinoff soap, Texas, which aired from 1980-82. But I digress...

As I reported right here, Carey's contract expired in April '07 and he refused to go on recurring status. For the record, his last airdate was Thursday, April 26.

It's just a pity Carey will have no on-screen farewell especially since the soap veteran wowed us all by returning to OLTL last fall, after he had survived lung cancer.

I do understand that there are egos and economics at odds here, but it seems like Carey and his fans deserve a better resolution for Asa's Life than an off-screen demise. It's hard for me imagine our blustery Asa just going quietly into that good night.

That's interesting.... I did not know any of that.

Well, if you look at GH, Alan Quartermaine was killed off for the same reason, and he's on danged near as much as when he was alive...

Gotta love the soaps!

Meant to add, I am thoroughly enjoying the "musical"... There's a lot of talent on OLTL, and it's nice they showcase it occasionally...

;0))

PK
    Last edited by PK...; 06-19-2007 at 11:57 AM. Reason: Forgot....
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits. ~Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by PK
    Meant to add, I am thoroughly enjoying the "musical"... There's a lot of talent on OLTL, and it's nice they showcase it occasionally...
    I, too, am enjoying it a lot more than I thought I would. Can we say dumba** to Starr for leaving the limo? "Duh...let's just leave the safety of my limo and walk down a dark unknown road in the pouring rain and wind and I'll just trust that I'll be able to find my school even though I don't even know where I am." And I officially hate someone more than Brittany. Whoever that blond girl is who told Brit to make Cole forget Starr. The only thing I found really lame yesterday was the impromptu food fight between Dorian and David like they were a couple of first-graders. Loved loved loved Marcie's number yesterday "High School Chemistry". I kinda liked Starr's "Wishin' would stop" number, too. Very very cool so far. So for those who haven't read the latest SOD:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Llanview PD bust Tate's father for all the hate crimes that have been committed but we will find out that Tate is actually the one who's been doing it. His dad is simply taking the fall for him for some reason.

+ Reply to Thread