+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 67 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: One Life To Live

Re: One Life To Live

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl;2396553;
    I think the only reason he's covering for Marty is probably because he hated Spencer so he doesn't want whoever did it to have to pay for it because he felt Spencer got what was coming to him.
    But what connection does David have to Marty? Perhaps during one of the time I decided I was bored with the show and stopped watching they met, but I don't recall David & Marty ever meeting one another. Regardless, it will be interesting to see where it goes.

What's up with Cole? Why would he have such a drastic change of heart towards Britney? It doesn't seem like he's doing it to get back at Starr, but come on. Is this going to bring out the vendictive side to Starr?

I felt SO bad for Nash having to stand outside while they brought Brennan in to visit with Jessica, and I'm amazed that nobody noticed her straining to look out the door at Nash. I hope she tells everyone soon. I know she tried to tell Vikki, but then the poor Antonio replacement came in and professed his undying love for her.

It amazes me that Antonio can tell Christian that she is not the person he fell in love with, and he doesn't know if they'll survive; and then in the next breath know they'll be together forever... Granted, tragedy tends to draw people closer, but in this case, I think this one is pushing Jessica to announce she's in love with Nash. It's about time!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

[QUOTE=mibx2mom;2378711;]I can't believe they killed Henry. Most of the summer spoilers talked about some major storylines revolving around him.... I wonder what happened.

I really hope they aren't going to try and drum up support for Britney by making her the child of parents who really don't care. They've portrayed her and a wicked teen; it's a bit late to bring the neglectful parents into the mix.

I loved it when Starr told Britney that she was going to make sure everyone knew what she had done to Henry...

I think Antonio needs to walk in on Jessica and Nash hugging in the hospital room. Let it blow up there - it'll make for some interesting TV that's for sure. I just think they are running their plots out too long. It seems I'm loosing interest before they have a chance to finish one drama and move on to the next.

Has anyone else noticed the "dramatic cut scene" at every comercial break? They need to reserve that for really intense scenes where they want the anticipation to build over the breaks; it's very over used if you ask me.[/QUOTE]

Please, that's the hallmark of a soap! Don't you remember when Joey on Friends was a soap actor and he showed how they taught him to turn to the camera at the end of every scene and freeze? It's one reason soap actors have trouble making it off soaps, and don't find it really helps their resumes to have been on one--bad habits to unlearn but also just the generally bad rep soaps get. I guess they worry the audience will tune out during the commercial, given that the plots move with such glacialness. And this is coming from a soap addict, who is only currently just "reading" them because between my job and my night time viewing I have no more tape left for my VCR, much less time to watch it.

I hate this new ( read ugly and old) Antonio... does anybody know when the much easier on the eyes Antonio is coming back?

Quote Originally Posted by PWS
    Quote Originally Posted by mibx2mom
    I can't believe they killed Henry. Most of the summer spoilers talked about some major storylines revolving around him.... I wonder what happened.

I really hope they aren't going to try and drum up support for Britney by making her the child of parents who really don't care. They've portrayed her and a wicked teen; it's a bit late to bring the neglectful parents into the mix.

I loved it when Starr told Britney that she was going to make sure everyone knew what she had done to Henry...

I think Antonio needs to walk in on Jessica and Nash hugging in the hospital room. Let it blow up there - it'll make for some interesting TV that's for sure. I just think they are running their plots out too long. It seems I'm loosing interest before they have a chance to finish one drama and move on to the next.

Has anyone else noticed the "dramatic cut scene" at every comercial break? They need to reserve that for really intense scenes where they want the anticipation to build over the breaks; it's very over used if you ask me
    Please, that's the hallmark of a soap! Don't you remember when Joey on Friends was a soap actor and he showed how they taught him to turn to the camera at the end of every scene and freeze? It's one reason soap actors have trouble making it off soaps, and don't find it really helps their resumes to have been on one--bad habits to unlearn but also just the generally bad rep soaps get. I guess they worry the audience will tune out during the commercial, given that the plots move with such glacialness. And this is coming from a soap addict, who is only currently just "reading" them because between my job and my night time viewing I have no more tape left for my VCR, much less time to watch it.
    Just thought I'd take the liberty of fixing the quote symbols for ya PWS. I personally haven't noticed any big dramatic cut scenes though.
    Okay, I have a question. What in the world was Miles doing to Marty's car and why why why??
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Thanks, nilesgirl--wonder why it didn't work? I just clicked on quote. Maybe when I bolded I deleted something...ah, I see, I bolded the first [ by accident .... who knew that would invalidate the quoting thing? Bet it does that for spoiling also... something to rememeber.

Quote Originally Posted by ttlyeightgirl;2414386;
    I hate this new ( read ugly and old) Antonio... does anybody know when the much easier on the eyes Antonio is coming back?
    They can't bring the old Antonio back soon enough. This new guy just doesn't do any justice. While the "real" Antonio has a flare for the dramatic, this new guy just brings a little too much intensity to the table.

And is it just me or does this Antonio seem to use the word D@MMIT! alot? I think it's thanks to him my little girl( who never pays attention to TV) has learned a new word! Bring back the real ANTONIO!!!!!
    Maybe I should start a petition lol!!
    Last edited by ttlyeightgirl; 05-25-2007 at 08:06 PM. Reason: spelling error

The "real" Antonio is supposed to be back tomorrow.

Click to see Spoiler:
    Tate is going to be revealed as the OPP member, but only after his father is arrested for the arsons; but Tate is not acting alone. There is also supposed to be a bomb that goes off in the hospital either right before, or right after Antonio and Jessica undergo the liver transplant
    Hopefully both storylines will be moving on soon.

Okay they're dragging this whole Jessica's deathbead thing on way too long. Now she's having other complications and Nash and Antonio now can't get back to Llanview because of thunderstorms???? You know Nash will find a way to make the pilot get them back to Llanview. Maybe a medflight chopper can do it or something. Here's a thought. Antonio can go to whatever hospital they're closest to donate part of his liver and they can medflight it to Llanview Hospital where Jess is, right. Medflight choppers will fly in a thunderstorm. Can they do that? Also, please please please someone tell me they are not going to hook Blaire up with Christian! This is a bad match however you look at it. Aside from their one night in bed together, they have nothing in common (then again neither do she and Todd) and it would only be a rebound relationship which 9 times out of 10 never work anyway. Christian's hot temper would always be an issue just like it was always an issue for him and Evangaline. These 2 should not be together. She should reunite with Todd. Marty should just leave all together and let John and Nat get back together. Jess will heal from her ailment and her and Nash will ride off into the sunset and Antonio should definitely heat things up with Talia. Starr should just rip Brit's hair out and get back with Cole. I would never ever let a parent tell me who to date when that parent hasn't exactly been dating Prince Charming or Princess Diana in their lifetimes either. Let's look at that for a moment. Blaire insists that Starr stop seeing Cole because he's Marty's son (that should have nothing to do with it) but yet Blaire, no matter how many times she dumps him, always always goes back to Todd. A rapist with a violently hot temper and a jealous streak a mile high. Yeah. Todd's a model citizen but Cole is an evil devil spawn because his mother was one of Todd's victims??? Todd tells Starr not to date Cole (same reason) and yet, he gets involved with people like Tea and Blaire (who like or not is just a whiney little snob who's used to getting everything she wants. Gee I wonder where the kids get it from). Now I'm not saying there was anything wrong with Tea except for the whole morals thing. I mean when they got involved, wasn't she his lawyer for yet another crime that he commited? And then there was psychotic Margaret. I'm sure there were others but I can't remember them all. And yet, here he is trying to keep Starr and Cole apart because of who his mother is??? I say before Blaire and Todd try and dictate who their children hang out with, they should fix their own dating lives first! Okay. Rant over.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

+ Reply to Thread