+ Reply to Thread
Page 69 of 149 FirstFirst ... 19596061626364656667686970717273747576777879119 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: All My Children

FORT Regular

Re: All My Children

I think this actress is doing a pretty good job as Greenlee myself. She went away after throwing a fit that the baby Kendal was carrying FOR HER, was actually Kendal's with Ryan. When all Kendal really wanted was to give her friend a baby that she thought she couldn't have. And then she came back to claim what/who she thought she had coming to her. HELLO? You turned your back on Kendal, your baby, and Ryan. You don't just waltz back into town and reclaim everything. So in that way, she's doing great! She portrays the attitude Greenlee (Rebecca Budig) had when she first came to Pine Valley----a spoiled selfish brat. They let us hate Greenlee for at least 2 yrs until they hooked her up with Leo---and I couldn't stand the sight of Leo either at first. He only got good looking to me when he took Laura (Brooke's adopted daughter) under his wing. But I still was rooting for him to end up with Greenlee, bc I liked her by then.

And I really don't think Erica has any right to pass judgement on Greenlee for baby stealing. She stole Maddie from Edmund and Maria herself. NOw because her daughter (whom she wanted nothing to do with either when Kendall came looking for her---not that I'd blame her the way Kendal was when she came to town) is in pain bc of her babies, Erica's suddenly so righteous? Yes Greenlee caused some of her pain, but she is realizing the consequences of her actions, and I believe truly does love Spike. And no, I'm not excusing what Greenlee's done, I just think Erica's not one to talk. And I don't think she should hold that over Jack's head for getting back together with him. She should realize that Greenlee is his daughter and he loves her. That's what parents do, love their children and stand behind them when they screw up. Jack really IS the only stable in Greenlee's life right now. Whatever happened to her grandparents anyway?

FORT Fogey

AMC is perhaps at it's lowest point for me right now. About the only characters I like are Tad, Annie and Colby. I am tired of watching Kendall cry and Greenlee do anything. Erica is still jerking Jack around. I can not stand Ava. I guess it is a testiment to Leven's acting abilities that she can play two such vastly different characters and be loveable as one and horrible as the other.

Hi, I watch AMC too. Didn't know there was a discussion here.

Think the new actress as Greenlee is doing a good job (many people on the soapnet board do not like her).

The only characters I like now are:

Adam
    Krystal
    Colby
    Annie
    Dr. Joe

The rest are so annoying, aargh.....

I understand that Lily is autistic but the role is so repetitive, predictable, she says, does the same thing over and over, repeatedly! They've totally boxed the character into a corner with no where to go, improve.

Greenlee needs to fess up and accept the consequences of her actions. Jack needs to encourage her to do so and then stand by her while she deals with it.

Kendall needs to be there for both of her kids and trust that the people looking out for her children are doing so when she isn't there.

Ava needs to sink or swim and do it quickly because Ava just doesn't seem to fit well.

But if they did all of that, the show would be so neet and tidy that we'd be bored with how complacent everything was.

Greenlee will NEVER fess up. Because in her mind, she can do no wrong. She's gotten so good at lying that even she doesn't know anymore when she's lying or telling the truth. She's convinced herself of her own lie. That she simply "got lost" even though she was supposed to be following Kendall and Babe and was right behind them. Not to mention that she's convinced that she's the person who deserves Spike because if it hadn't been for her, Kendall never would've carried a baby for her and there would've been no Spike. As far as Jack, I don't think he will ever be able to accept that Greenlee is capable of something so horrible. And, if he finds out that she's the one who got in touch with Dr. Hilliard, that will further add to his argument that Greenlee really is a generous person and wouldn't hurt anyone. WAKE UP JACK! But of course, in reality, Jack wouldn't be able to be the one who puts her away anyway. Conflict of interest. But this isn't reality. It's soap land. I said it before and I'll say it again. I'm tired of Jack constantly jumping to Greenlee's defense. I don't care if she's his daughter. That doesn't make her above the law and it sure as h*** doesn't make her a saint who can do no wrong.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

FORT Fogey

I had to laugh at Ava and her newspaper clippling that referred to her as a "Super Model". What a joke! Leven is so good as Lily but so terrible as Ava.

Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;2532347;
    I had to laugh at Ava and her newspaper clippling that referred to her as a "Super Model". What a joke! Leven is so good as Lily but so terrible as Ava.
    Couldn't have said it better myself.

I think Greens knows what she did was wrong but she's afraid of doing prison time, charged with kidnapping. She is right about if it weren't for her there would be no Spike but that doesn't justify her taking him now or wanting to, she had a chance when Kendall asked not to leave town (when Kendall was pregnant). Too late Greenlee.

I do think she's over Ryan, thank goodness.
    Last edited by graycat11; 08-20-2007 at 04:04 PM.

While I agree that Spike wouldn't exist without Greenlee, I'm tired of hearing it. I would love to see her confess to Derek how she escaped reality and actually thought Spike belonged to her and how once she snapped back to reality, she tried to bring him back. She'd be arrested for attempted kidnapping but could plead temporary insanity. She'd be released because Jack is a good lawyer. Perhaps durring her trial, Kendall and Ryan would see that she really is broken and might not hate her as much as they do.

Personally, I still don't like this Greenlee and would love to see her just fade off into the distance. If they can do it to good characters (like Brooke) they should be able to do it to Greenlee. Unfortunately, I don't see it happening anytime soon...

So Di is officially gone as is Jaimie and Julia is returning very soon now that SP is done with her maternity leave. I'm kinda glad. Just wonder if they are going to find a new love interest for her once she comes back. Is Del with anyone now?
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

+ Reply to Thread