+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 149 FirstFirst ... 12525354555657585960616263646566676869707172112 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: All My Children

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Re: All My Children

JFlo: Great rant. Agree entirely.

PK: Thanks for bringing up the inadequacies of the actors playing Ava and Jonathan. I adore Levin as Lilly, but she's horrible as Ava.

SavhLaney: I loved Di when she was posing as Dixie, but since then I have no use for her. Particularly when she acts as Eva's champion. Also, I hated the Bianca/Zarf storyline.

Toby: I would much prefer Rebecca be playing Greenlee. However, when I separate my dislike for what the character is doing from the job the actress is doing, I am warming up to the new actress playing Greenlee. My only problem with her is the way she crys. It just seems so phony.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

FORT Fogey

My dislike for Greenlee coming back has nothing to do with the new actress, but more to do with the conflict being caused with Ryan and Annie. Their poor little girl finally has a Mother and a Father and selfish Greenlee is trying to ruin that.

She needs to be moved away from Ryan and Annie ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by PK...;2448559;
    We have Amanda and JR working on things, Babe is heading back to Jamie, Zach and Kendall have been happy together for much too long, Crystal and Adam have to get back together again, just so they can move on to someone else, so why not Tad and Erica... Jack is just not that interesting anymore. Nor is Erica, for that matter, as far as I'm concerned. I have never cared for her character, they briefly write her a personality, and then take it away again... I do not care for the self-righteous judgmental types...

I'm on board with most of what you said PK. With the exception of Erica. I do like Erica when she's being the evil, manipulative, lying bitch we loved at the beginning of the show. It was only after they started trying to make her 'nice' that I started disliking her. For me they can either keep her out of the storylines or bring her in to cause trouble.

I like Zack and Kendall being happy together, but I like seeing Zack taking it our on others. (i.e. Adam and JR) Also, I'm not a Babe fan. Talk about self-righteous!

Quote Originally Posted by PK...;2448559;
    Does this qualify as a rant?
    No!
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

So, UncleDavid... Not a rant, huh!

I will try harder next time...

I know I am in the minority about Erica, and I like Babe... Makes the world go round, for sure..

I guess the actress playing Kendall is doing a great job, because Kendall is surely Erica's daughter, LOL...

I think the actress playing Greenlee is doing a good job, but she could certainly cause trouble in a more believable way.. The stuff she is pulling is so far over the top, it's ridiculous...

I think when they finally decide they have repeated the back story enough, we can get on to some actually story telling...

;0))

PK
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits. ~Mark Twain

I didn't express myself well PK. In fact I don't care much for Erica either. Not since they started trying, years ago, to make her 'nice'. She's a bitch. I love her when she's acting like a bitch. Lying and conniving to ruin peoples lives. Butting in where she doesn't belong. That's the Erica I'd love to see return.

I don't like Erica either, never have, since the very beginning (Phillip, Tara Erica & Jeff era). I try to see what the big deal is but I just don't get it.

The only time I liked Erica when she was with Dimtri.
    “Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.”- Albert Einstein

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by rcurrytoo;2448962;
    I don't like Erica either, never have, since the very beginning (Phillip, Tara Erica & Jeff era). I try to see what the big deal is but I just don't get it.
    Wow, and I thought I was a long time watcher! By the time I joined AMC she was already about to move on to a 2nd husband I think..., but I do know what you mean as it was referred to then.
    I don't think you can "like" Erica generally, but a show needs a villian you can understand (not just the slasher types they throw in for the murder stories), and over the years she's been great at that. So I "like" her for giving spice to the show, and showing us what NOT to do! And occasionally showing us what TO do...usually something to do with her children (not that she hasn't made plenty of mistakes with them), whether it's coming to accept Bianca for who she is or even her (she thought--still can't get past that rewritten history/impossible biology) abortion when she knew she wasn't capable of being a good mother (not to say she did it for the kid, but it had that effect).
    Re her and Tad... well, we know from Tad's "Tad the Cad" younger days that he has no problem with being attracted to older women! (teenage Liza and her mother, Marian Colby, for those who weren't watching then)

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;2450337;
    Wow, and I thought I was a long time watcher! By the time I joined AMC she was already about to move on to a 2nd husband I think..., but I do know what you mean as it was referred to then.
    I don't think you can "like" Erica generally, but a show needs a villian you can understand (not just the slasher types they throw in for the murder stories), and over the years she's been great at that. So I "like" her for giving spice to the show, and showing us what NOT to do! And occasionally showing us what TO do...usually something to do with her children (not that she hasn't made plenty of mistakes with them), whether it's coming to accept Bianca for who she is or even her (she thought--still can't get past that rewritten history/impossible biology) abortion when she knew she wasn't capable of being a good mother (not to say she did it for the kid, but it had that effect).
    Re her and Tad... well, we know from Tad's "Tad the Cad" younger days that he has no problem with being attracted to older women! (teenage Liza and her mother, Marian Colby, for those who weren't watching then)
    Yeah, I'm a long time watcher, I think I watched the very first episode aired . As for the Erica character, You're right, every soap needs a character as such. I've just have never been a fan of the self-absorbed, conceited, "I'm the fabulous" Erica Kane character. Even as a teenager Erica grated on my nerves. She does have her place on the show and I'm not sure the show would be the same without her, but when she's not there I don't miss her and she's definitely not who I tune in to see when I watch, (These days that honor strictly belongs to Zach .

I agree...

Zach is the reason to watch - as he was with Marty on OLTL, and then again as his character on Port Charles... I am actually surprised ABC could keep him in the fold all these years...

Sorry, I am typing on a laptop, and it is driving me crazy!!!! HAH! Perhaps it is only bothering me!!

;0))

PK
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits. ~Mark Twain

+ Reply to Thread