+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 149 FirstFirst ... 11515253545556575859606162636465666768697071111 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: All My Children

Re: All My Children

Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;2445734;
    How long will it be until the new writers stuff makes it on air? They were wise to fire McTavish.
    I hate to break it ya, but McTavish's name has not been in the credits for at least a couple of weeks now. Fired or not, if she had helmed these episodes her name would have been up there.

These new people better pick up the pace. This is the first time in 3 years that I have been downright bored by every plot line. And now, the one plot that still interests me, Tad finding Kate, will be put on hold even longer while Sydney Penny goes off on maternity leave. Who knows when someone will find the adoption papers that fell behind Adam's couch in the library. Now that Winnie left the Chandler mansion I guess nobody vacuums the rugs around there!

Every scene with Ava is one huge dud. It is so obvious why they created her character. The producers know that they will never be able to keep a talented actress on the show to simply play an autistic girl. They tried to give Lily more character development, but there is only so much they can do with her without completely stretching all medical plausibility. They are setting Ava up to be Levin Rambin's main role, kind of like DC's main character is Adam. I hate that, because the more we see Ava, the less we see Lily!

Also, every time I see Di in ANY scene, whether it be at Fusion or Wildwind, I want to break my TV set! I can't believe they killed off Dixie and kelpt her whiny pointless half-sister! Now, ATWT fans are overjoyed to welcome Cady McClain back into their show and we have to listen Di make tiresome comments about Greenlee and Kendall, or even worse, AVA!

A really bad indication of how much the writing has gone to a halt would not only be the dream episode, but Monday's episode, in which only about twenty minutes time passed among the characters, and absolutely nothing happened! Oh, wait I forgot, Annie decided she wasn't going to go on vacation with Ryan, THEN she decided she WILL go on vacation with Ryan. EXCITING!

This is all really screwing up my exercise regiment. You see I put my DVR in the room with my elliptical machine to force me to exercise if I want to watch AMC. Well, watching this recent schlock has not been the best motivator. I'm gonna have to start watching a new daily show. Any suggestions??
    Stay Gold, JFlo

"Craft Idea: Want to prevent a rerun of the Gulf of Tonkin off the coast of Iran? Just send Britney to the Strait of Hormuz and drop her on the Frigate USS Ingraham." Paparazzi As Unexploited Guardians of Democracy by Cintra Wilson [cintrawilson.com]

Stickers spits nickels... PK...'s Avatar

Very nice rant, LOL...

I do not like Ava, and to be honest, I don't think the actress is all that good... To me her speech patterns have no variance - which are great for Lilly, but not for anyone else... I feel somewhat the same about Jonathan. He has that hesitation/slight stammer of the post-surgical Jonathan. Unless they want him to keep that reminder of when he was worthy of Lilly...

My only references are to ABC soaps. Too long in the fold to attempt to break out. I tried, didn't work...

OLTL is pretty good right now, even though we are into the summer teen portion of the year... Their "dream sequence" is the Prom Night Musical, but they stretched it over several days, and it was pretty entertaining...

GH is pretty blah with Tony Geary gone on his extended summer vacation.

;0))

PK
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits. ~Mark Twain

FORT Fogey

I can't stand Ava. I don't know how much longer Levin is under contract for, but if she can't just play Lily, I would rather her move on.

I also dislike Di. She serves no purpose at all.

I love Annie and Ryan and wish they had never resurrected Greenlee.

Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;2447419;

I love Annie and Ryan and wish they had never resurrected Greenlee.

I really like Annie and Ryan together too. I don't think the writers should have brought Greenlee back if they could not get Rebecca Budig to reprise the role. I just don't buy that there is real history between Ryan/Kendall and the new Greenlee, as hard as Alicia Minshew tries to sell it. What I do buy though, is the tension that Greenlee has brought into the Slater marriage. Zach better be careful how he treats Kendall and Greenlee for that matter, because Kendall is starting to resent Zach for all his "decision making".
    Stay Gold, JFlo

"Craft Idea: Want to prevent a rerun of the Gulf of Tonkin off the coast of Iran? Just send Britney to the Strait of Hormuz and drop her on the Frigate USS Ingraham." Paparazzi As Unexploited Guardians of Democracy by Cintra Wilson [cintrawilson.com]

I don't mind the new Greenlee.. Soap Operas often have different actors and actresses in the same role.. It usually feels wierd at first but after a while you get used to the new actor.. I think its because Rebecca had the role so long that it is very weird seeing a new actress in the character but I'm sure she will come into her own .

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

Love the rant JFlo - hilarious because it's so true! That dream sequences were driving me nuts! Ava and Di - oh my - yeah they could both be gone tomorrow and I wouldn't miss them a bit.
    "We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." ~Anais Nin

"Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye." ~H. Jackson Brown Jr

Was Erica ever really involved with Tad a long time ago? I know she was married to his brother but watching them today, they actually seemed to have a little heat between them. Just my observation.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

IMO AMC has good downhill for years because of bad writers. So many storylines I disagreed with ( Bianca being raped and becoming a mother, Bianca/Zoe, Greenlee/Kendall pregnancy with Ryan Sperm, Killing Dixie for good to name a few). Now with this former Days writer onboard it can only get worse.
    “Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.”- Albert Einstein

FORT Fogey

I hated the Bianca & Zarf story. Knowing that both of them were only around shot term, it meant that the entire story would never play out on screen, so why waste the viewers time with a couple of months of it?

Of the current stories, there is not anything that I really care about. They messed up Ryan and Annie by bringing back Greenlee. Jack/Erica has been done and re-done many times. I do not like Babe so I don't care about her GED.

I have watched for years and won't quit, but it is getting harder to stay interested.

Stickers spits nickels... PK...'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl;2448120;
    Was Erica ever really involved with Tad a long time ago? I know she was married to his brother but watching them today, they actually seemed to have a little heat between them. Just my observation.
    Perhaps Tad will be Erica's NEXT husband, I swear I heard someone say "ROTATE"....

We have Amanda and JR working on things, Babe is heading back to Jamie, Zach and Kendall have been happy together for much too long, Crystal and Adam have to get back together again, just so they can move on to someone else, so why not Tad and Erica... Jack is just not that interesting anymore. Nor is Erica, for that matter, as far as I'm concerned. I have never cared for her character, they briefly write her a personality, and then take it away again... I do not care for the self-righteous judgmental types... (So, tell me again why I watch soaps? EVERYONE is that way, Hah... Only Zach seems to see both sides of anything...)

I like Babe, and I would like to see her stay with JR for a while longer, but I'm sure TPTB are being urged to pair her with her husband... (They ARE still married, right?)

Hmmm... Does this qualify as a rant?

;0))

PK
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits. ~Mark Twain

+ Reply to Thread