+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 149 FirstFirst ... 10505152535455565758596061626364656667686970110 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: All My Children

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Re: All My Children

With today's episode, any hope I'd had the new writers would be able to put this show back on track have now been dashed upon the rocks.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

I agree. It was a waste of an hour. 1 hour of my life I will never get back. Although I must admit the "Everybody Wants To Be A Martin" number did make me chuckle. And I did love hearing Bobbie Eakes singing "Dream A Little Dream of Me", but Tad talking to who? Was he supposed to be talking to the viewing audience? And the "Cry-Baby" rip off number with Colby and Sean. I mean, please. I half expected Sean to rip off his prison shirt and show a tattoo on his chest of an electric chair a-la Johnny Depp as Cry-Baby Walker. And the Erica Kane Match Game dream? Ridiculous. And umm....since when is Babe starting to dream of getting back with Jaimie??? Well, Sydney is off for her maternity leave and none too soon. TPTB did a bad job at hiding her pregnancy belly. I wish her all the best and can't wait for her to return to the waiting arms of Jaimie who will definitely make amends for the way things ended between them. The only dream that may have been cute other than the "Martin" number was Jonathan and Lilly finally touching. Greenlee's dream was nutso, Annie's dream (or was it Ryan's?) was nice. All I can say is they had better bring back Bianca and Zoe for the birth of Kendall's new baby. Funny that Kendall named her new baby Amelia in her dream. Amelia Heinle (sp?) played what's-her-face not too long ago. The one who was involved with Jake Martin before her death (after her fall from the balcony of the Chandler mansion). What the heck was her name??? I just remember there being some desencion between her and Liza for some reason. Anyway, I caught the name right away. I just hope they never do anything like this again with the dreams of Pine Valley-ites. No one cares what these people are dreaming about. Just stick to good story lines and give us more mysteries to solve!
    ETA: I just checked on the name Ameliea Heinle. Her character's name was Mia. Didn't Mia have some sort of connection with Fusion as well??
    Last edited by nilesgirl; 06-14-2007 at 08:44 PM.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl;2440930;
    I agree. It was a waste of an hour. 1 hour of my life I will never get back. Although I must admit the "Everybody Wants To Be A Martin" number did make me chuckle. And I did love hearing Bobbie Eakes singing "Dream A Little Dream of Me", but Tad talking to who? Was he supposed to be talking to the viewing audience? And the "Cry-Baby" rip off number with Colby and Sean. I mean, please.
    Yeah, I agree with all of the above. "Everybody Wants To Be A Martin" had me laugh out loud, and then I liked when it got all creepy. I love Bobbie Eakes' voice, and that has always been a favorite old song of mine. But, yeah, what was the point of Tad breaking the "fourth wall"??? Why couldn't they have just showed his dream of Kate? I hate when actors talk to the audience. It's so "actory" for lack of a better word. And I haven't seen "Cry Baby", but that being a John Waters' film, the scene you mentioned must have been tongue in cheek. The AMC writers were actually being serious when they created the steaming pile of crap that was Colby's "dream". What a BAD 80's video that was!!!!

And umm....since when is Babe starting to dream of getting back with Jaimie??? Well, Sydney is off for her maternity leave and none too soon. TPTB did a bad job at hiding her pregnancy belly. I wish her all the best and can't wait for her to return to the waiting arms of Jaimie who will definitely make amends for the way things ended between them.

Ummmm, I for one don't foresee Jamie and Julia's relationship lasting out the year. I've been noticing for some time now that they have gotten really cold toward each other. And Jamie's reaction to a possible pregnancy spoke volumes. He actually said "so it would go full term". He does not love her. This is not to say that Jamie should be with Babe. They had absolutely no chemistry together (which was highly ironic, considering they are married). IMHO, I preferred Babe with Josh. But I think its obvious that the writers are working on a Josh & Greenlee relationship. As for Julia, my prediction is that she is going to end up with Tad, which scares the bejeezus out of me, because I think she is the worst actress on the show, and she brings down every scene she is in. Tad, on the other hand, is the best actor on the show, so I would hate to see them get together on account of Kathy/Kate.

Funny that Kendall named her new baby Amelia in her dream.
    Amelia would be after Zach's mother. I remember Kendall telling Zach that if she was having a girl she wanted to name her Amelia Bianca, and if it's a boy she wants to name him Zachary Ethan. I think she is going to have another boy, because there have been too many little girls arriving in PV recently. These are of course the future main characters of the show, and 20 years from now Kate, Emma, Miranda and Jenny will need more than just Little A and Spike to balance things out. Although I wouldn't rule out fraternal twins, of course provided Kendall actually does carry to term. I worry that all of the stress is going to get the best of her.

Of all of the pointless dreams we saw, the two that really should have been shown were Zach's and Ryan's. I have read that the "Zendall" fanbase is outraged that the writers would even hint that Zach would have been unfaithful to Kendall with Hannah. I for one found it utterly ridiculous and completely out of character for Zach. There ain't know way he would hurt Kendall, by impregnating a psychotic woman with his chid. I'd still like to know what he is dreaming about though, especially with all of this baby angst going on around him. Ryan, on the other hand, is harder to figure out. I know he wants to be faithful to Annie, but he is really fickle and moody as all hell. I would like to know what or whom he was dreaming about. I would not discount a major infidelity happening at Camp Lavery, especially with the DAYS writers at the helm. That's what they live for.
    Stay Gold, JFlo

"Craft Idea: Want to prevent a rerun of the Gulf of Tonkin off the coast of Iran? Just send Britney to the Strait of Hormuz and drop her on the Frigate USS Ingraham." Paparazzi As Unexploited Guardians of Democracy by Cintra Wilson [cintrawilson.com]

I somehow forgot that Amelia was Zach's mother's name.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JFlo;2441759;
    I have read that the "Zendall" fanbase is outraged that the writers would even hint that Zach would have been unfaithful to Kendall with Hannah.
    Count me in to that group. There's no way Zach would do that to Kendall. I've been will to put up with a lot of shenanigans from the writers, but this is a deal breaker. I'll dump this show in a New York minute if they follow that storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by JFlo;2441759;
    I would like to know what or whom he was dreaming about.
    Becarful what you wish for. The last thing I want to see is another dream episode.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

No more dream episodes, please. It was nausiating enough the first time.

Ditto on the dreams - unless they include singing and/or dancing...

But what is driving me up the wall is the number of times a show they keep reminding everyone of theGreenlee/Ryan/Kendall/Zach history... HOLY COW!!!! Give us a break. Even newbies can catch up with a weekly rehash...

I think the writing has gone from bad to worse. If I didn't have SO many years invested in this one, I would drop it, I think...

Ah... I say that monthly, at least, and I am still here, watching and griping about the writing, as I have been/will be for years..

But is good to vent occasionally...

;0))

PK
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits. ~Mark Twain

FORT Fogey

How long will it be until the new writers stuff makes it on air? They were wise to fire McTavish.

They must have re-filmed all of the "pivotal" scenes with the new Greenlee. They have shown way too much of it. We all remember what happened.

Ah, but, apparently, "we" don't count... It's the Newbies that are always courted on soaps. That is why there is so much infernal rehashing...

I do have to say I am a little fuzzy on Greenlee's entrance on the show. Wasn't she the spoiled brat rich girl then, too? She has reverted to type, I see... How else can she be redeemed?

;0))

PK
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits. ~Mark Twain

FORT Fogey

When Greenlee first came on, she was a former college classmate of Scott Chandler's. And yes, she was the epitome of the spoiled rich girl.

+ Reply to Thread