+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 149 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859606162102 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: All My Children

Re: All My Children

Anybody see the movie or the stage musical HEDWIG AND THE ANGRY INCH? That's all I could think when I was watching Zoe perform on "New Beginnings". The song sounded exactly like the opening number from that show. I just checked out his bio on his website, and although he had a major role in Boy's George's musical TABOO, he never played Hedwig, which is unfortunate, because he would rock that show. His stage bio is VERY impressive. I used to work in the NY theatre industry, and I recognized A LOT of the projects he has done. I'll be very sad to see he and Bianca leave the show. They have added something very new and fresh to daytime tv.

I'm really glad the writers gave Erica that monologue yesterday. It was so obviously geared toward AMC's conservative audience, but who knows, maybe because Susan Lucci endorsed transgender tolerance, her conservative fans, such as my grandmother, may open their minds a bit.

Lucci really does know how to sell those monologues. Probably because that's all she ever really does, even when she is supposed to be acting in a scene with someone else! When she had that scene with Ava, where she though Ava was Lily, I thought to myself that only Erica could have a full conversation with someone without the other person saying a word!

Oh, please please please let this baby snatching storyline end quickly! The idea that someone can just walk into a hospital and steal a baby like that, with or without a nurse's strike, is just ludicrous! Maternity wards and nurseries are guarded like Fort Knox! I love AMC, but they really need to write more believable hospital scenes. Joe Martin slowly telling Tad that he will "ask around" about Kate's whereabouts was ridiculous! The whole thing was painful to watch.

On a good note, I read that it is official that Thorsten Kay is staying on the show. I had said last year that it looked like he would be leaving. That's good news for Alicia Minshew, because Kendall needs Zach to make her less annoying.
    Last edited by JFlo; 04-25-2007 at 08:17 AM.
    Stay Gold, JFlo

"Craft Idea: Want to prevent a rerun of the Gulf of Tonkin off the coast of Iran? Just send Britney to the Strait of Hormuz and drop her on the Frigate USS Ingraham." Paparazzi As Unexploited Guardians of Democracy by Cintra Wilson [cintrawilson.com]

Quote Originally Posted by Jflo
    Joe Martin slowly telling Tad that he will "ask around" about Kate's whereabouts was ridiculous! The whole thing was painful to watch.
    You mean Jenny? Kate is the other little girl who is actually Kathy. (The little girl Julia took care of for a little while before moving in...who did she move in with? Ryan, Emma and Annie? I don't remember.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl;2349886;
    You mean Jenny? Kate is the other little girl who is actually Kathy. (The little girl Julia took care of for a little while before moving in...who did she move in with? Ryan, Emma and Annie? I don't remember.
    Sorry, my bad. I meant to say Jenny. Too many little little girls on this show. I think Kendall will have to have another boy to balance things out. Emma, Kate/Kathy, Miranda, Little A, Spike and Jenny are the characters we will be watching 15 years from now (or the rate they grow, 5 years).
    Stay Gold, JFlo

"Craft Idea: Want to prevent a rerun of the Gulf of Tonkin off the coast of Iran? Just send Britney to the Strait of Hormuz and drop her on the Frigate USS Ingraham." Paparazzi As Unexploited Guardians of Democracy by Cintra Wilson [cintrawilson.com]

Quote Originally Posted by JFlo;2349754;
    Anybody see the movie or the stage musical HEDWIG AND THE ANGRY INCH? That's all I could think when I was watching Zoe perform on "New Beginnings". The song sounded exactly like the opening number from that show. I just checked out his bio on his website, and although he had a major role in Boy's George's musical TABOO, he never played Hedwig, which is unfortunate, because he would rock that show. His stage bio is VERY impressive. I used to work in the NY theatre industry, and I recognized A LOT of the projects he has done. I'll be very sad to see he and Bianca leave the show. They have added something very new and fresh to daytime tv.

I'm really glad the writers gave Erica that monologue yesterday. It was so obviously geared toward AMC's conservative audience, but who knows, maybe because Susan Lucci endorsed transgender tolerance, her conservative fans, such as my grandmother, may open their minds a bit.
    His performance was AMAZING the other day!! I am enjoyed every second of it. Is that his song? I loved it. He truly is a talented actor and I hope he comes back to AMC. He will be missed.

And props to Susan Lucci -- her monologue was terrific. I am glad they had they touched on this episode. Many people dont know much about transgenders but I am glad AMC did this. Did yall know that Barbara Walters is doing a special on transgender this friday. Really excited to catch this.

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

I wonder how long they are going to drag out the kidnapping story. It really is an old plot if you think about it... Most recently you have the Babe taking Miranda and then Little Adam. If you look back through time this seems to be a re-occuring plot and while it makes for good ratings, it breaks my heart every time - having lost two children before the age of 2, it just pulls on my heart strings.

When are they going to have Babe & JR reunite? They are like the Todd & Blair couple from OLTL. When they are good, they're good; but when things get volitle, they explode... Makes for some good TV.

Actually most recently you have Janet kidnapping Little Adam and Babe. But I, too, hope they don't drag this out too long. So the gun was in Wildwind and now Ryan and Annie think that Jonathan shot Alex. But did he? Or was it someone else? If it wasn't Jonathan, how did the gun get into Wildwind?
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Last week, at the end of one of the episodes, they showed Del holding the gun and taking aim.

Did you see the new Greenlee sending a package to Ryan? I wonder if she made it clear who it's from, or if she's going to toy with him and make him wonder. How is he going to react to it, and what is Annie going to have to say about it?

How long is it going to take before Zach realizes that Hannah wants him back. All the talk about the past and "what ifs" as if she's trying to stir up those old emotions. I think he kind of suspects it because of the way he told Kendall not to use Hannah for emotional support. I think he knows something's not quite right there.

And what's up with Hannah and Josh... I think she's going to use it to try and make Zach jealous - and I have to wonder if it will work.

Well, what I'm wondering is why she's so nasty to Josh all the time. He hasn't done anything wrong to her (that I know of) so why is she being such a b****? Has her character always been like that?

I think she just has a superiority complex. She burries herself in work so as not to be interrupted by personal feelings / emotions. I think she told him at one point that he has to prove himself - essentially saying that she doesn't care about his family ties to Cambias and that if he can't prove himself worthy, she's not going to cut him any slack -- until they hit the sack. I have to wonder how Zack will react when he finds out, because it's a soap opera and you know he will - if only to create contraversy.

I just get the impression that she's up to no good.

I was talking to a friend this afternoon and she asked me an interesting question. So interesting I thought I'd put it out here for some feedback.

What is the likelihood that Greenlee had Ryan's baby while she was away? She has been gone long enough, and if you recall, she and Ryan did have one last trist before she left town. Here's a medical tid bit: when a man has the big snip it can take up to 6 months before all of his little swimmers dissapear.

She lost the baby initially because of some chromosome / gene thing... BUT there is a shot you can take (daily) that will prevent the body from rejecting the baby.

Is Greenlee trying to reunite with Ryan because she wants to share his child with him????

Very curious indeed.

+ Reply to Thread