+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 149 FirstFirst ... 404142434445464748495051525354555657585960100 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: All My Children

Quote Originally Posted by mibx2mom;2308944;
    In a move that will surely shake up the Pine Valley landscape, two of the show's most popular performers will be exiting the show later this month. Emmy winner Eden Riegel (Bianca Montgomery) and Jeffrey Carlson (Zarf/Zoe) have opted not to renew their short-term contracts with All My Children. ~~ soapcentral.com

I really think it's a shame. I can live with or without Zoe / Zarf, but Bianca will be missed.
    You've got to be kidding! There must be some seriously unhappy actors on that set! Man, I hate when I become emotionally connected to these characters and then they up and leave. I am very upset now.
    Stay Gold, JFlo

"Craft Idea: Want to prevent a rerun of the Gulf of Tonkin off the coast of Iran? Just send Britney to the Strait of Hormuz and drop her on the Frigate USS Ingraham." Paparazzi As Unexploited Guardians of Democracy by Cintra Wilson [cintrawilson.com]

In a move that will surely shake up the Pine Valley landscape, two of the show's most popular performers will be exiting the show later this month. Emmy winner Eden Riegel (Bianca Montgomery) and Jeffrey Carlson (Zarf/Zoe) have opted not to renew their short-term contracts with All My Children. ~~ soapcentral.com

I really think it's a shame. I can live with or without Zoe / Zarf, but Bianca will be missed.

Wow....that stinks! I remember when the actor who plays Zoe/Zarf was on The View, he said that the story was going to take a couple of years to fully develop. As in, they were taking Zoe through the complete transformation into a woman. Maybe they'll recast with a woman?

I bet Bianca will be back eventually

I hope Bianca will come back. Eden Regal has the character pegged and I think the powers that be would be hard pressed to find a replacement that would be 1/2 as good as she is.

The green butterfly is back. This should shake things up just a little bit.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Re: All My Children

Good riddance to a bad plot line!
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;2319079;
    Good riddance to a bad plot line!
    I LOVE this storyline! Of course, they're doing all they can to drive it into a ditch. I would love to see a realistic and honest depiction of a transgendered person going through the process. I think Eden and Jeffrey are definitely talented enough to carry the story off well. If only the producers could let them do it. The only scenes with Babe that I liked in the last, oh ever, were the ones with Zoe after she came out as a woman. It's a shame they're letting two such talented actors go and keeping others.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Wonder if they have gotten pressure from the right to drop the story line....

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Political correctness gone haywire!

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;2319092;
    I LOVE this storyline!
    I know you do, and it’s the only reason I’ve held back from railing against what I consider to be a farce and an affront.

If this were truly a transgender issue I would be with you all the way, but it’s not. This is not a woman trapped in a man’s body, this is a man who is very much in touch with his feminine side. Since the 60s we men have been told to get in touch with our feminine side. Most of us have tried with a greater or lesser degree of affinity. Zarf’s character has come to totally embrace his ‘female’ side with one great exception… his sexual orientation is for women.

A man, with an X chromosome, male genitalia, and an sexual orientation for women is a man, not a woman.

What I truly hate about the storyline is the slap in the face it strikes at lesbians. If the character of Bianca falls for this individual because of what’s ‘inside’, with disregard for his physical requisites, then how far away are we from saying the only reason women are lesbians is because they can’t find a man who’s in touch with his feminine side. I’m amazed that lesbian groups aren’t up in arms at the cheapening of this icon of the movement.

If, in the future, AMC wants to honestly tackle the issue of a man or woman trapped in the body of a gender they do not relate to on ALL levels, I'll welcome the plot. But this tawdry tale needs to be abandoned.

{{{getting down off the }}}

Sorry Critical. You know I love you. I just had to get that off my chest.

ETA:
    Quote Originally Posted by PWS;2319146;
    Wonder if they have gotten pressure from the right to drop the story line....
    Maybe the pressure is coming from lesbian groups.
    Last edited by Uncle David; 04-08-2007 at 12:30 AM.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

But the thing is, there actually are men-to-women trangenders who are lesbians. Gender is totally separate from sexual orientation. The gender you identify with isn't the same as the gender you're sexually attracted to. I.e. I gender identify as a woman, but that's not why I'm attracted to men. I'm attracted to men because that's my preference, which I believe I was born with. Sorry to hammer that point in to the ground, I just know people in the gay, lesbian and transgender community so it's a subject that I feel strongly about.

Don't ever apologize for voicing your opinion. Just because we disagree doesn't mean we aren't friends

ITA that TPTB are screwing this storyline up, but maybe for different reasons than yours. I HATED that they made Zarf/Zoe into a murder suspect simply because she is different. If they dealt with this subject in a realistic manner without making it feel sensationalized then I'd be happy, Frankly, anything that gets Bianca to stop thinking about that whiny little Maggie is okay by me
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I'm with Critical on this one. There are plenty of male-to-female transgenders that are also lesbian. The only thing that I find infuriating about the storyline is Freddie/Zarf/Zoe's mother! I know, I know. A lot of parents have this image of who and what they want their child to be. But she is acting just like Erica did when Bianca came out to her. Treating it like a "side affect" of whatever childhood trauma they've been through and acting like there's a "cure" for it. (From this point I will only refer to Carlson's character as Zoe) Zoe's mother seems to refuse to accept her decision to do what it is she feels she needs to. She truly feels in her heart of hearts that she is a woman and not a man. Sadly, I see Zoe's character leaving only one way and I really hope TPTB do not go down this road. The only thing left to say is this: Parents are supposed to love and accept their children no matter what. Period. End of story. Done ranting.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

+ Reply to Thread