+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 149 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555105 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: All My Children

Jamie and JR had been in the park talking about how he was about to break.

I didn't see yesterday's show so I didn't see how things developed with Babe trying to figure out what JR and Jamie were up to.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Recap for today:
    Babe/JR:Babe and JR checked on Little A after the earthquake. They reconciled and Babe realized that JR really has changed. Later she and Little A gave JR a birthday cake.
    Dixie/Tad/David:After Tad kissed Dixie, he slammed her leaving her in tears. David showed up to pick up the pieces and Dixie asked him to find her a child that's the right age that she could pass off as Kate. David steered her away from that idea and told her that he loved her. Dixie called him a fool. Tad went downstairs to a waiting Di but he begged her to leave so that he wouldn't hurt her too. He wanted to drown his sorrows in the bottle by himself.
    Kendall/Ryan/Zach/Spike: (someone tell me they are going to change this poor child's name) Kendall and Ryan raced to the hospital after the quake to check on Spike who was fine. Zach also arrived while Ryan was holding the baby and Kendall convinced Zach that it was time for him to hold his stepson. Joe announced that Spike can go home tomorrow and Kendall convinced them to let her and Zach stay at the hospital overnight.
    Greg/Josh/Colby: Greg was killed when the casket he was in was buried underneath piles of durt and debris from the quake. Not knowing where Greg was, Josh was shooting hoops (and not very well) in the same park that his father's body lay. He kept hearing the voices of his father and then the voices of everyone telling him what Greg had done. We saw a now teenaged Colby racing in to the courtyard running from the police. She managed to hide under an overturned bench that was concealing Greg's body. Cut back to Josh and suddenly we hear Colby scream. The police run in and Josh runs over to see what the commotion is about. The police have their guns trained on both people and Colby points to where she was just hiding. Camera cuts to the ground and we see Greg's hand.
    If I forgot anything, please feel free to add.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl View Post
    Recap for today:
    Greg/Josh/Colby: Greg was killed when the casket he was in was buried underneath piles of durt and debris from the quake. Not knowing where Greg was, Josh was shooting hoops (and not very well) in the same park that his father's body lay. He kept hearing the voices of his father and then the voices of everyone telling him what Greg had done. We saw a now teenaged Colby racing in to the courtyard running from the police. She managed to hide under an overturned bench that was concealing Greg's body. Cut back to Josh and suddenly we hear Colby scream. The police run in and Josh runs over to see what the commotion is about. The police have their guns trained on both people and Colby points to where she was just hiding. Camera cuts to the ground and we see Greg's hand.
    If I forgot anything, please feel free to add.
    Are we sure Greg is dead? And NilesGirl, how did find out that girl is Colby? More miraculous aging, huh? Wasn't she about 5 years old a year and a half ago? You gotta love soap operas!

Which reminds me: Is anyone else laughing like I am about how easy it is for Kendall and Ryan to get in and out of the NICU? When my daughter was born in 2003, my husband and I could only get into the nursery when accompanied by a nurse, and after our ID bracelets were checked, and matched to the ID tracking system attached to our daughter's umbilical cord stump. The doors all had automatic locks and the nursery was under constant surveillance. PVH is such a joke!

Still lovin' the show though.

Happy Fourth, y'all!
    Stay Gold, JFlo

"Craft Idea: Want to prevent a rerun of the Gulf of Tonkin off the coast of Iran? Just send Britney to the Strait of Hormuz and drop her on the Frigate USS Ingraham." Paparazzi As Unexploited Guardians of Democracy by Cintra Wilson [cintrawilson.com]

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    I think the only soap child I've seen that didn't suffer from Soap Opera Rapid Aging Syndrome was Robyn Scorpio from GH. Possibly Bianca....seemed as though about the right amount of time went by when she was off screen. But Robyn you know was right as it was the same actress. Oh yes, and Starr from OLTL, so far always the same actress, right? And I guess her brother so far. Any others?

I looked at my SOD that announced the actor coming on as Colby Chandler and yes she was aged to a hell-raising teenager. And yes Greg is dead as we saw today. They tried to save his life but couldn't.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Okay, just when Amanda was finally starting to become bearable, in walks that little brat Colby! I am so sick of that stereotypical toublemaking teen character!!! Why does every NEW teenager (who didn't actually grow up on the show) have to be a troublemaker??!! It's boring! My advice to soap writers: watch some old "Party of Five" episodes and take notes on how teenagers really talk and really act. I especially hate how Colby makes a trillion pop culture references when pleading her case. That's annoying when Chloe does it on "Smallville" and even more annoying here!! "All My Children" writing staff: I expect better from you!!!

Okay, I'm through with my rant?

Oh, Moderators: Is the quote "Del couldn't pour water out of a boot if the instructions were on the heel." from AMC (Tad, I assume.)
    Stay Gold, JFlo

"Craft Idea: Want to prevent a rerun of the Gulf of Tonkin off the coast of Iran? Just send Britney to the Strait of Hormuz and drop her on the Frigate USS Ingraham." Paparazzi As Unexploited Guardians of Democracy by Cintra Wilson [cintrawilson.com]

As far as JR and Jaimie talking about someone being ready to break, I believe they were talking about Josh because they had just locked him in a freezer or something to get him to tell them info on Greg and Kate.
    Recap for the week: It's still a mystery who buried Greg. It could've been anybody. Every character has made slips of the tongue that could be interpreted as guilt. Krystal confessed to Tad that she still loves him and they shared a kiss. Kendall worried that Greg might actually be Spike's father instead of Ryan. Colby continued her little scheme (whatever it is) and she was caught trying to steal money from JR's dresser. She covered by saying she was sleepwalking but both Babe and JR called her on it. Babe and Colby had words and later Colby walked out of the house with Babe's ID saying to herself "I could so pass for her." (That may have been Monday's or yesterday's).
    That's it for the past few days.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JFlo View Post
    Which reminds me: Is anyone else laughing like I am about how easy it is for Kendall and Ryan to get in and out of the NICU? When my daughter was born in 2003, my husband and I could only get into the nursery when accompanied by a nurse, and after our ID bracelets were checked, and matched to the ID tracking system attached to our daughter's umbilical cord stump. The doors all had automatic locks and the nursery was under constant surveillance. PVH is such a joke!
    I noticed that too. The NICU I work in is like Fort Knox. Nobody gets in without us knowing who they are. The parents have to have an ID band, and only designated people can enter with their ID badge. Even the nurses who float in from another unit can't get in with their badges. Of course, PVH is the same hospital where anyone off the street can walk in to the lab and switch DNA tests. It's laughable to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by JFlo View Post
    Oh, Moderators: Is the quote "Del couldn't pour water out of a boot if the instructions were on the heel." from AMC (Tad, I assume.)
    Yep A great line and accurate too....at least with this version of Del.

My VCR is broken, so I'm stuck reading summaries on TV Guide's site and watching maybe one day a week. That being said, I'm still sick of this whole Dr. Madden storline being stretched out so long. Enough already and resolve all of it - including the Josh/Erica/Kendall/Spike stories - and then get Tad and Dixie back together! I know some people hate her, but I just can't help but love those two together. AND, that kiss the other day
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

You think that was steamy (I'm assuming you mean the one between Krystal and Tad???) you should've seen the nice tender kiss between Zach and Dixie today. WTH was that all about?? Gotta wonder how Kendall will feel when she finds out. Maybe that will be what sends him packing. And I'm so tired of Kendall, Simone, Danielle and Erin acting all high and mighty with Babe and Amanda. Like they've never done a single thing wrong their whole lives. They go around acting like they wear halos all the time. PLEASE! They're not even close to being saints so where do they get off passing judgement on Babe and Amanda. I get that they're p'o'd that Babe stuck up for JR but haven't they ever wanted to defend someone that they love even if that person did something horrible? I believe they all have. And one more thing I hate (I know I've said it before) is Jack and Reggie trying to force Lily to live by their standards. They're condemning Jonathan based on past mistakes. They can't give him the benefit of the doubt and trust that he's changed? He saved her life for crying out loud! Wait till Jack finds out that that lunatic is in town and wait until Aidan finds out that he's the one who attacked Lily in NY. Sparks are gonna fly. Maybe then Jack and Reggie will back off and leave Lily and Jonathan alone.

+ Reply to Thread