+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 149 FirstFirst ... 33343536373839404142434445464748495051525393143 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: All My Children

Quote Originally Posted by MICHEY;2243879;
    What?! Oh my, I didn't get a chance to see it yesterday yet, and it's not on yet here...hmmm.

I agree, I wasn't crazy about Babe either but Crystal breaking down was heartwrenching.
    Sorry. Didn't mean to ruin it. It'll be the last minute of the show.
    And in the previews, does she say "Who thought I was dead?" or "I thought I was dead."?
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

The real questions is now, was Krystal on it as well...? I'm almost positive she was, otherwise JR/Adam/Colby would know about Babe's death being a fake. This is really getting interesting, after putting all that tears in my eyes during the funeral and so fourth, Bianca's part really got to me, what a pleasant surprise to see that Babe was alive last second!

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Critical;2221497;
    I do! I'd rather watch James Mitchell than any of those teen "actors."

I wonder if TIIC have even decided who the killer is yet. They seem to keep throwing out lots of possibilities, hoping one of them seems plausible. I know I've decided who the killer is: Brian Frons. Now that they have killed off Dixie in what seems to be a reaction against statements Cady made in her blog about the firings of Vincent Irizarry and Julia Barr, I'm done with this show. Why did they even bring Cady back and get Tad and Dixie this close to a reunion with each other and with Kate if they were just going to kill her off? It's a complete slap in the face to longtime fans of the show.

I also heard rumors that they killed Dixie off because some focus group indicated that they would like to see more of Babe and Krystal. Clearly, they are polling people in asylums. I will admit that I have enjoyed the scenes with Zoe and Babe, even though it pains me to say it. Those scenes were the first time I actually liked Babe, EVER.

I'll bet the AMC set is feeling like a police state right about now. The actors are all probably keeping their lips zipped for fear their character will be the next victim of the Satin Slayer.
    I agree Critical! I'm fed up with this show.

I'm only half way through Tuesday's show (13, February) so this will probably be a bit dated, but I was thrilled to see that Babe had been killed off. It was the first time in months I thought, 'maybe I'll keep watching the show'. I've always hated the character of Babe. She's nothing more than a simpering slut who will do whatever she pleases to whomever she wants to get her way. However, it looks like they're going to bring her back so, after more than 25 years, I’m seriously ready to give this show up.

I’m surprised to see that no one on this thread finds the Zoe/Zarf storyline to be too much. The percentage of individuals that fall within this societal category are minuscule. If the show was actually serious about tackling a social issue they should pick a topic that will effect measurable change. I believe I read someone believes this is a ploy to have the character of Bianca have sex with a male. When you look at the ridiculous storylines they’ve come up with in the last few years I think that may not be far from the truth.

The self-centered Babe character, Josh, the two-emotion character, the loss of Julia Barr and Dixie, and the demeaning of Bianca’s character with the introduction of the ridiculous Zoe/Zarf storyline… I’ve had it. The only thing that could make me stay with this soap now is Babe leaving the show forever. Since she’s probably already been brought back from the dead, as of this writing, I imagine it’s my character as a viewer that will have to put to rest.

Oh well, I’ve got plenty of prime time ‘soaps’ to keep me warm at night.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    I thought that is was strange when they cut away from Krystal when she took Babe in her arms, then Jack getting that phone call from Josh, I knew for sure that Babe wasn't really dead.

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl;2243884;
    And in the previews, does she say "Who thought I was dead?" or "I thought I was dead."?
    "I thought I was dead."
    Last edited by Chorita KaBoom; 02-17-2007 at 07:30 AM.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

Okay. BIG NEWS on the SOD front. Just got the latest copy and the killer is going to be revealed very very soon. It's none other than
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Zach's father, Alexander Cambias! Apparently, he wasn't as dead as everyone thought. So, those of you who suspected him in the beginning are correct.
    I can't wait to see how this plays out!
    What's the new option on the bottom of the post that says Digg It!?
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Sorry, I love Babe. She's one of those really stupid people that makes very poor choices with the best of intentions. You know what they say about intentions....

I for one am glad she's alright. I think right now the storylines they have right now would be really borring.

The whole Krystal baby thing will blow up when JR realizes Babe is still alive and Josh has been nursing her back to health. This week is gonna be good!

Quote Originally Posted by mibx2mom;2238848;
    Babe is the character you love to hate
    Actually, I don't enjoy disliking the character. I find her quite annoying. I think I mentioned that because of her and Zarf I’m about ready to stop viewing after more than 25 years.

I just finished last Tuesday's episode so I'm behind on the posts. However, this one struck me, and I had to put my two cents in.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl;2241152;
    What a beautiful sentiment! Sending a birthday balloon up in the air
    Although I certainly understand the sentiment, I'm disappointed TPTB at AMC saw fit to ignore all the warnings sent out over the years informing the public about the dangers posed to wildlife by balloons.

Balloons kill wildlife

Aug 23 2006
    By Evening Gazette

(Gazette Live - Balloons kill wildlife)

Celebrations should never be the cause of death for wildlife, but marine animals such as turtles, dolphins, whales and seabirds are known to have been harmed by balloon pieces and this has led to a new campaign by the Marine Conservation Society.

Marine Conservation Society (MCS) has found evidence of many marine species that have died from eating or becoming entangled in balloons and their string.

Balloons are used to celebrate happy events, such as birthdays, fétes, and promotional or fundraising events, but releasing balloons into the atmosphere can lead to harm.

Dolphins, whales, sharks, birds and turtles have all known to have been killed by balloons and balloon strings.

Many animals mistake floating debris and bright coloured litter,such as balloons, as food.

Turtles are thought to mistake balloons for jellyfish, they then block the turtle's stomach leading to death.

Latex (rubber) balloons can take up to 5 years to degrade,more than enough time to damage a turtle.

Thanks for posting that, Uncle David. I HATE to see people release balloons for that very reason. It's all just going to become marine waste. So irresponsible.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but Babe and Zoe are actually keeping my interest more than most of the other characters. I never even liked Babe all that much until she bonded with Zoe. Since they ruthlessly fired Cady McLain and Julia Barr, I'm sort of over this show anyway. Oh well, leaves me more time to study.

ETA: Okay, I'm seriously hating JR after his scene with Zoe today. There's Zoe on the ground, bleeding and JR is just insulting her and blaming her for all of his problems. What a loser.
    Last edited by Critical; 02-20-2007 at 03:36 PM.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I hated that balloon scene, too, for the very same reason. I was surprised when they did it.

Critical, since I don't plan to watch today's show on SoapNet, did they show who beat up Zoe? Was it JR?
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

+ Reply to Thread