+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 149 FirstFirst ... 26272829303132333435363738394041424344454686136 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: All My Children

What an absolutely beautifully written tribute! All the goodbyes to Dixie, her spirit watching everyone and then her recognizing Kathy as Kate at the end and Kate seeing her as an angel. A great tear-jerker episode and probably the most beautifully written story I've seen from any soap in a very long time! Great job to the writers!
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by kattatude;2219952;
    I believe there was a character named Rae/Raye Woodard, or something similar to that, on Ryan's Hope. She was light haired. I don't recall her real name.
    That's the one I was thinking of, thanks!... ah well, wrong show. But nilesgirl, good call on the other Rae.

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    I have to agree that it was a touching tribute to Dixie/Cady. I loved the weddings. It was also nice of the writers to let us know that Dixie will rest in Peace knowing that Kathy is Kate, and that Tad is close to her.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

AMC is really cleaning house...I'm really shocked that they really killed off so many of their characters in a single story arc...of course on the flip side, they brought in some new people...as for either Kendall or Babe getting the axe next, I would have to cast my vote for Kendall, Emma's mother(whatever her name is) is clearly going to take Kendall's spot in Ryan's eyes, Zach or whatever will end up being the tormented soul he is, Bianca totally came back to the story because Kendall is getting the axe...that's just my speculation though...

I tend to agree with you but I really really hope it's Babe.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Okay, I cried my eyes out. It just seems so wrong for Dixie to have died, but it was done so right! First of all, she is just stunning to look at, both in flashback and present day. She really did look like an angel, and it was satisfying to see her recognize her daughter and know that Tad would be okay. I just hope it doesn't take too long for him to figure it out. They did mention Madden's photographs in one of the flashback scenes, so I think Tad is going to dive right into that and come up with an amazing discovery.

Please, please, please, I beg of the writers, do not put Tad in a love triangle with Julia and his own son! I worry that that in developing his relationship with Kathy, he will start to fall for Julia. Julia is probably my least favorite character on the show. I actually think that apeman Del is a better actor than her. How about her reaction on the phone with Jamie when he told her Dixie was attacked?? She's horrible! I wish the Satin Slayer had killed her off by mistake.

It just seems so wrong that someone as talented as Cady McClain could be gone, and we are left with milquetoast like Julia and Di!!! I was really starting to fall in love with Dixie (in a girl crush kind of way).

As for Kendall and Babe: I say axe Kendall Hartless. Babe is all heart, and I love her! From what I gather, Babe is every bit as much as what Dixie was years ago as Kendall is Erica. Kinmoku: I agree with you about Ryan and Annie. I think Ryan has already started to fall in love with her, and Annie has already admitted to loving Ryan. I loved the scene with Ryan and Emma. Very sweet, and very needed with all of the death going around. Toby: I think that Annie will be very cautious and will probably want to move out of the penthouse, but there is no way she would deny Emma her wish to have Ryan as her father. The romance will then grow naturally.

Hey, what's up with Palmer?? I heard his contract is up. We will probably find out tomorrow that he died in his sleep or something. Of course, does anyone really care?

The Chandlers are a bunch of tools! While Zach is running around barking orders for all of Kendall and Bianca's food to be tested, Winifred is out at the grocery store leaving her cart unattended!! And how many times do we have to hear about how the mansion is "guarded like Fort Knox" and yet even Zoe can get into Babe's room through those stupid tunnels!!! Nilesgirl: Don't worry, Zoe is NOT the killer. If Bianca says she isn't, than she isn't. Besides, they have been hyping the transgender storyline, and many an activist group would go after them if they depicted a transsexual as a psychotic serial killer.

As for Kenny, the fact that he is so obviously suspicious makes one think it can't be him. So in turn, it would be clever for it to actually be him. the only problem with that would be linking it to Zach and his past. Until Zach went into the warehouse, I was convinced that the connection between the murders and his mother were all a coincidence. Now I don't know what to think. My best friend thinks the murderer is Rachel the Nanny. The hand they have shown does resemble a woman's. But what if there are two different psychos out there? What if the person tormenting Zach and trying to shoot Kendall with a dart is not the same person who is poisoning the Fusion women?? Maybe Kenny IS doing the poisoning and maybe Rachel is trying to kill Kendall? Or maybe...could it be Greenlee?
    Stay Gold, JFlo

"Craft Idea: Want to prevent a rerun of the Gulf of Tonkin off the coast of Iran? Just send Britney to the Strait of Hormuz and drop her on the Frigate USS Ingraham." Paparazzi As Unexploited Guardians of Democracy by Cintra Wilson [cintrawilson.com]

Quote Originally Posted by JFlo;2221490;
    Hey, what's up with Palmer?? I heard his contract is up. We will probably find out tomorrow that he died in his sleep or something. Of course, does anyone really care?
    I do! I'd rather watch James Mitchell than any of those teen "actors."

I wonder if TIIC have even decided who the killer is yet. They seem to keep throwing out lots of possibilities, hoping one of them seems plausible. I know I've decided who the killer is: Brian Frons. Now that they have killed off Dixie in what seems to be a reaction against statements Cady made in her blog about the firings of Vincent Irizarry and Julia Barr, I'm done with this show. Why did they even bring Cady back and get Tad and Dixie this close to a reunion with each other and with Kate if they were just going to kill her off? It's a complete slap in the face to longtime fans of the show.

I also heard rumors that they killed Dixie off because some focus group indicated that they would like to see more of Babe and Krystal. Clearly, they are polling people in asylums. I will admit that I have enjoyed the scenes with Zoe and Babe, even though it pains me to say it. Those scenes were the first time I actually liked Babe, EVER.

I'll bet the AMC set is feeling like a police state right about now. The actors are all probably keeping their lips zipped for fear their character will be the next victim of the Satin Slayer.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    It seems that AMC is using this story arch as an opportunity to end their relationships with the older actors they had long term contracts with. Tonya Pinkins (Livia Cudahy) is getting a lot of screentime, apparently without a longterm contract. The only person on that set that I doubt has any worries is Susan Lucci. All My Children just wouldn't be All My Children without her.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

I totally forget to put my two cents on how they treated Dixie's death, it really was something else! I especially like the end that she knew that Kate was ok...it truly was bitter sweet!

I really hate to ask this now, but I'm little curious, now that Dixie's character is gone again, could it possibly mean that Cady will return from her coma in As The World Turns?

Critical, TIIC? What's that may I ask?

+ Reply to Thread