+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 149 FirstFirst ... 18192021222324252627282930313233343536373878128 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: All My Children

I think it'll be a slow reveal through hints from Julia and Linda saying that Kathy was adopted and then they will find out that Madden was Linda's OB and go from there. Anyone see Zarf in his/her dress today at the end of the epi?
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

I didnt see the actual reveal, nilesgirl... just the buildup. Did they show all of him/her???
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

There was an article about the Zarf storyline in the LA Times last week and there was a picture. I must say that the actor looks very good as a woman. Either that or it was a really good picture! I missed today's episode, but I'm hoping I'll be able to catch the next one, since they always repeat the scene before the big reveal. I'm looking forward to seeing how they handle this topic and I really hope they do it respectfully. I'd like to see Zarf/Zoe be less of a kooky eccentric and more of a "normal" person.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2189962;
    I didnt see the actual reveal, nilesgirl... just the buildup. Did they show all of him/her???
    Yes. Bianca opened the door and said "Zarf?". The camera then went to Zarf/Zoe and showed him/her in full Zoe garb. A black dress complete with make up and jewels.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

SO MUCH TO SAY!!! Christmas/New Years' in Pine Valley was um...farfetched to say the least, but dagnabbit, they made it work! I believed every one of those crazy storylines, again because of the believable dialogue and the incredibly talented actors. Once again, accolades to Michael E. Knight and Collin Egglesfield (sp?) for some incredible performances. (If by chance some relatives or friends of these two actors check message boards about these guys, please pass along for me how much I just adore them. If they don't get Emmy noms for best actor and supporting, there is just no justice!)

To start, Simone and Erin's memorial service was very well done. That Natalie Merchant song is one of my all time favorites, and they used it so well. When Simone died it kind of bugged me how they were all going on about how amazing she was, only because it seemed too little too late. The writers never took her off the backburner and after Ethan died I would have liked to have seen Tad there for her, just as she was after he lost Dixie. BUT, Tad definitely expressed remorse for this, and it was the final catalyst toward him losing all hope.

In regards to Tad, that man would have died out there on Christmas Eve if not for the annual Pine Valley divine intervention. Father Clarence's appearance last year seemed way too forced, but this year it played out like a beautiful miracle, worthy of Clarence from "It's A Wonderful Life", and his speech about God not giving up on his children was truly touching. What ultimately made the whole thing legit was Tad's conversation to Dixie the next morning. I swear, he could say that he spent the night flying around the world on a unicorn and I would believe it, he's that good.

I wasn't upset at all that Dixie decided not to tell Tad about Krystal's baby. She only wanted to do it because she knew better than anyone that Tad had really lost all hope. All she wanted to do was save him, but now that he really has been saved, she realizes that it is not her place to break the news. And the incredible change in Adam is not to be taken lightly either. She knows that JR has a much better chance of becoming a better person if Adam continues to be the man Krystal has brought out of him. I mean, he asked Tad and Dixie to be Charlotte's godparents! The look on Tad's face was priceless, and JR's comments were a hoot! I still felt really sad when Tad put his hand on Krystal's stomach, but for the time being, this secret can be kept. I have no doubt it will come out when the time is right.

Right now I just want to see more scenes of Tad with that beautiful little Kathy. When he started talking to her it was pure magic! I don't know how this is going to come out, but I don't think it will take very long, this is divine intervention, remember. And I don't predict any tension from Julia on this. Julia truly believes that every child should be with their parents, and Tad has been such a great friend to her, not to mention the fact that Kathy is Jamie's sister! (On a side note, Jamie has kind of grown on me this past year. I think his best material is with Tad. He is very believably his son.) I think Julia is going to have a child of her own with Jamie. She's gonna get pregnant and not know what to do, because in the back of her mind she is still worried about tying Jamie down. Any chance Sydney Penny is pregnant in real life? I don't like to make comments about people physically, but she did look a little big around the stomach during the Christmas Eve scenes.

On that note, the 90210 house, formerly known as Wildwind, is one sickening place. It really is like 90210, when the Walsh family moved and Steve Sanders took over the house. Shouldn't Maria have some say in who lives in her house? It was Edmund's home right? It was a little less nauseating with little Kathy there, but not in the case of Del, who is just plain gross!

Well, I have so much more to comment on (Josh, Babe and JR, Kendall, Ryan, Annie and Emma, Zach, who is falling apart before our very eyes, and not to mention Bianca and Zarf, who makes a pretty fine looking woman, kind of looks like Rachael Griffiths, if you ask me,) but my little girl wants to play princesses, so I'll have to finish later.

Till then.
    Last edited by JFlo; 12-30-2006 at 02:02 PM.
    Stay Gold, JFlo

"Craft Idea: Want to prevent a rerun of the Gulf of Tonkin off the coast of Iran? Just send Britney to the Strait of Hormuz and drop her on the Frigate USS Ingraham." Paparazzi As Unexploited Guardians of Democracy by Cintra Wilson [cintrawilson.com]

Sooo did anyone watch today? I can't believe Dani was poisoned! Is she suppose to live or die? Do you think Kendall is next? Sorry for all questions I was just blown away today!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

Quote Originally Posted by Toby;2200321;
    Sooo did anyone watch today? I can't believe Dani was poisoned! Is she suppose to live or die? Do you think Kendall is next? Sorry for all questions I was just blown away today!

I taped it and haven't watched it yet. But I had a feeling Dani was the next target. I doubt if the killer will get to Kendall

I'm watching it now. If Kendall was next, I would strongly believe that she'd be the first to survive.

Now Babe, on the other hand, is dispensable.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockytop Chick;2200396;
    I taped it and haven't watched it yet. But I had a feeling Dani was the next target. I doubt if the killer will get to Kendall
    I don't remember reading anything in SOD about the actress leaving the show. Maybe I'm wrong. If she wasn't leaving then I would guess that Josh will save her at the last minute. But with Reggie gone now (where is he, anyway?) there's really no story left for her.

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl;2200571;
    I don't remember reading anything in SOD about the actress leaving the show. Maybe I'm wrong. If she wasn't leaving then I would guess that Josh will save her at the last minute. But with Reggie gone now (where is he, anyway?) there's really no story left for her.
    I've been trying to figure out where reggie is for a while now. I thought maybe he was away at college, but he sure didn't show up for the holidays. Ya think maybe jack adopted him just to send him out on his own after he turned 18? Is he still in the opening credits?

+ Reply to Thread