+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 149 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282969119 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: All My Children

Wow, JFlo, Great post!

I too have come around to liking Josh after his performance in the last few months starting with his scenes digging up his "Dad" and lately being so romantic & loving towards Babe. He is playing 2 sides (sensitive & angry) very well!

I also was very proud of MEK's performance yesterday, definately Emmy worthy! They seemed like the old Tad & Dixie.

I like your perspective on the Zach/Kendell situation. You're right, he did warn her that she wouldn't like what he said.

I just wanted to say Kudos to you, JFlo! and I Love AMC, too!

Gee thanks CanuckChick! Most people just ignore my long windedness!

I have actually only been watching AMC since 2004. I'm embarrassed to admit it, but I grew up watching Days of Our Lives! (My mother watched it, my mother's mother watched it, you know how it goes.) I stopped watching that sometime in the 90's, when it grew way to ridiculous to stomach. Then I had my baby girl in November of 2003. I named her Miranda, unbeknownst to me that the beloved daughter of Erica Kane was pregnant with a little girl that she planned to give the same name. A friend of mine told me about the Bianca storyline, so I tuned in when the baby was born, and got completely sucked in by the baby switch story. By Christmas when Bianca was reunited with her little girl, I was crying like a devoted fan.
    Stay Gold, JFlo

"Craft Idea: Want to prevent a rerun of the Gulf of Tonkin off the coast of Iran? Just send Britney to the Strait of Hormuz and drop her on the Frigate USS Ingraham." Paparazzi As Unexploited Guardians of Democracy by Cintra Wilson [cintrawilson.com]

I, too stopped watching DOOL in the early 90's because my friend turned me on to AMC. I flipped back and forth between the 2 briefly during the recent "Salem Stalker" thing that turned out to be Marlena but it wasn't really Marlena and no one was really dead they were just all on some island.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Wow, Tad was the killer! I thought for sure it would be David since the actor is leaving the show. It's already been reported in Soap Opera Digest last week, so don't edit my post please! I also thought it might be Dell or Di since they don't have much of a part anymore.
    "Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans."-John Lennon

wait wait, im confused now, Tad is named the killer, but why is Zach saying he and Dixie are the killers???

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KinmokuPrincess View Post
    wait wait, im confused now, Tad is named the killer, but why is Zach saying he and Dixie are the killers???
    They're "admitting" to killing Madden because they can't be prosecuted for the crime they've already been acquitted of. Because they "admitted" to the crime, it means that Tad can't be tried for perjury. They lied to make Tad's lie look like the truth.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

JFlo & Nilesgirl, I have been watching AMC since I was in my Mama's womb! Literally! It was her fav soap (that & Search for Tomorrow, ah memories!) and she'd come home from work every day at lunch to watch. My Dad would come with her (they worked together) so they could have some time together & he got hooked too so when I was born in 1974, my Dad loved the actress playing Tara Martin (Stephanie Someone-or-other) but my Dad didn't like the name Stephanie so I ended up with Tara.

I know noone cares about my naming history but AMC fans seem to get a kick out of it!

I have to say...I am disappointed in the "Colby's False Accusation" storyline. I just have a hard time with that type of portrayal of women. There are so many, too many, millions of women that go through being raped and don't report it out of fear or other reasons. For a woman to make a FALSE accusation...it really bothers me. Maybe too because I already don't like Colby and the whole bratty teen storeyline.

Quote Originally Posted by JFlo View Post

Applauds and accolades to the six actors who made yesterdays episode incredible! That was well worth the four months of wondering where they were going with this plot. Michael E. Knight FULLY DESERVES an Emmy for his performance. That was huge of the show to make Tad the murderer, and I am glad they did not take that decision lightly. He is so obviously tormented with guilt and with grief, and it was so sad to watch. Of course the confession could only be played out to Dixie, the one person who knew him better than anyone in the world. And how about the close up of Dixie, as Tad elaborated on what he did. Cady played off of him so well, but how could you not be affected by his awesome performance!

I can't believe I am saying this, but the second best performance of the episode goes to Josh. How could Babe possibly resist that man after he poured his heart out to her like that? And he is right, she is really only staying with JR out of guilt, because he has been abandoned so many times by the people he loved. Seriously though, how could anyone get over their husband trying to kill them?? I was never a Josh fan since they recast him at the beginning of the year, but this past month the writers have completely sold me on him and on his relationship with Babe. And now I understand the recasting, because he actually has a lot of talent, which shines now that he is getting the good writing. (Not to mention the fact he looks A LOT like Kendall!)

Speaking of which, Kendall finally got her answers, and Zach was right, she did not like what she heard. Kendall is going to realize that she only knows Zach in relation to her, the man who would lay down his life for her, and accept everything about her. That's the Zach she fell in love with (Jeez, that the Zach I fell in love with), but SHE is not going to be able to accept the dark side of HIM. How ironic is it that Zach's involvement with Madden's death actually had NOTHING to do with Dixie. It was all about his own father and his lost time with Ethan. I think I found that to be the most clever revelation of yesterday's episode.

So we still have a couple of unanswered questions, such as: what WERE J.R. and Jamie doing the night Madden disappeared? They had dirt on their pants, and they openly admitted to each other that their alibi of all night poker and fishing was a fake. And of course there is missing baby Kate. I was guessing that Emma was Kate a while back, but now, I'm not so sure. Annie has to have been keeping tabs on the Madden investigation, and must have heard about the details surrounding Dixie giving away her baby. Wouldn't she be smart enough to put two and two together and get the hell out of town if Emma was Kate? Of course, David must know the answer by now. He certainly did look smug in court. AH, I don't know, I just hope they don't string us along much longer.

And now we've got a new baby story with Krystal, Adam and Tad. There is no way Tad will let this pregnancy go without finding out the truth. Not after everything he has been through. Personally, I would love to see a Chandler pregnancy trifecta! Let's get Babe and Colby pregnant too! Colby would be the only one who actually knows who the father is!

Finally, I can't wait for Bianca's return. She is supposed to develop a relationship with a very unlikely person. One of the two is going to fall in love with the other. My guess: J.R. I think Bianca will befriend him after the fallout from Babe's affair. First, his fatherly feelings for Miranda will return, and then he will develop an idealized romantic interest in Bianca. Whether I am right about this or not, I do not think JR is going to last another year without a suicide attempt. That boy has got problems!

As usual, AMC has held true to the parent/child theme that has always made it compelling. I know the show has gotten some bad rap from many longtime fans recently, but I think it is a great show. Yes, some of the plots are a little out there, but it is a soap opera, and what makes these plots work is the believable dialogue and the incredible performances. I love All My Children.
    WOW, great post! Love it!

Definitely agree that Tad has been amazing these past couple of weeks...i really have enjoyed him and think that he definitely deserves an emmy. And love that he is the killer -- that definitely surprised me

As for Josh, who do you think Babe is going to choose? I mean she can choose JR but the fact that she has feelings for Josh are not going to go away -- she really has gotten herself into a situation...I would hate for JR to find out before her telling him. Umm?

And Krystal preggers? I am dying to know who!

Sooo who do we think this unexpected person is that Bianca is going to have a relationship with? Good call on JR -- I could see that -- just to get back at Bianca...oh gosh-- i smell drama haha.

Can't till Monday -- this week was good.

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    WOW, great post! Love it!

Definitely agree that Tad has been amazing these past couple of weeks...i really have enjoyed him and think that he definitely deserves an emmy. And love that he is the killer -- that definitely surprised me

As for Josh, who do you think Babe is going to choose? I mean she can choose JR but the fact that she has feelings for Josh are not going to go away -- she really has gotten herself into a situation...I would hate for JR to find out before her telling him. Umm?

And Krystal preggers? I am dying to know who!

Sooo who do we think this unexpected person is that Bianca is going to have a relationship with? Good call on JR -- I could see that -- just to get back at Bianca...oh gosh-- i smell drama haha.

Can't till Monday -- this week was good.
    You mean to get back at Babe? Maybe, if Binks is willing, but they'd have to explain what happened to her past love to justify that... and JR actually really likes Bianca, so it would have to be pretty unconscious if the motivation is revenge against Babe. I mean likes her as a person...and he's already hurt her in the past by withholding Miranda...doesn't seem like he'd purposefully hurt her again.

+ Reply to Thread