+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 149 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272868118 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: All My Children

No, I don't. Although, he might because he's been suspicious of Babe and Josh for months now. I don't know who's going to go more postal on Colby. Krystal or Adam.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    And what is going on with Amanda and Jonathan? I am secretly liking it
    I too am loving Jonathon and Amanda. I like seeing this side of Amanda instead of the manipulative maneater.

yeah, me too. I am really enjoying her even though I did enjoy Lily and Jonathan but I think I am now leaning more towards Amanda and Jon -- it just seems to be more right. How is Lily doing? I have not seen on...

And what is going on with Tad? Why is he lying? I dont get it?

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

Okay. I just read SOD and I now know who Greg's killer is. I won't say anything because I don't want it ruined.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Did anyone see it today?? There was a great song playing during a montage just before the verdict came in. Here are the lyrics that I could remember:
    I'd take it all back (something I can't remember)
    'Cause I've only been chasin' the wind.
    I'd give all I have (somethiing about sin)
    that comes from chasin' the wind.
    I tried googling the lyrics and I'm not getting anywhere. If someone can find out the artist and whether or not it's on an album, let me know.

This is the first time in a while that I've even been home to see the show and this is the first time in forever that I've actually sat and watched the show. MEK was incredible today! The play of emotion on his face as Tad confessed had me riveted. I don't know if it's because I've really only kept up with the show through recaps, but I was shocked that Tad was the murderer. I think the producers tend to use Tad for comic relief a lot and I forget what an incredible actor MEK is. I hope Dixie stands by Tad through this because, from the previews today, it looks like he gets arrested.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    This is the first time in a while that I've even been home to see the show and this is the first time in forever that I've actually sat and watched the show. MEK was incredible today! The play of emotion on his face as Tad confessed had me riveted. I don't know if it's because I've really only kept up with the show through recaps, but I was shocked that Tad was the murderer. I think the producers tend to use Tad for comic relief a lot and I forget what an incredible actor MEK is. I hope Dixie stands by Tad through this because, from the previews today, it looks like he gets arrested.
    I read this before I watched yesterday's show and couldn't believe it was Tad! Until I watched and heard him explain the whole thing, then of course, in hind sight he seemed the obvious one! I'm glad we finally know the truth!

I was thinking, could it be possible that Krystal's baby is Tad's?

And why can't Zack get why Kendell is having so much trouble believing him? he keeps bringing up the Ryan card but doesn't he see Kendell WANTS to believe him but she's believed him before and she got slammed! This isn't the first time he has asked her to just trust him! Maybe if he acknowledged that, she could come around.

I liked when Tad told Dixie that he never believed she & Zack had an affair because ZACK would never cheat on Kendell...In your face Dixie!

Quote Originally Posted by Canuckchick
    I was thinking, could it be possible that Krystal's baby is Tad's?
    I didn't even think of that!!!! That'll be a story line that'll be developed I guess. Just like on GH.

omg, I miss watching soaps so much! what a surprise, Tad is the killer!? How did they come to that conclusion??? can someone fill me in on that?

Applauds and accolades to the six actors who made yesterdays episode incredible! That was well worth the four months of wondering where they were going with this plot. Michael E. Knight FULLY DESERVES an Emmy for his performance. That was huge of the show to make Tad the murderer, and I am glad they did not take that decision lightly. He is so obviously tormented with guilt and with grief, and it was so sad to watch. Of course the confession could only be played out to Dixie, the one person who knew him better than anyone in the world. And how about the close up of Dixie, as Tad elaborated on what he did. Cady played off of him so well, but how could you not be affected by his awesome performance!

I can't believe I am saying this, but the second best performance of the episode goes to Josh. How could Babe possibly resist that man after he poured his heart out to her like that? And he is right, she is really only staying with JR out of guilt, because he has been abandoned so many times by the people he loved. Seriously though, how could anyone get over their husband trying to kill them?? I was never a Josh fan since they recast him at the beginning of the year, but this past month the writers have completely sold me on him and on his relationship with Babe. And now I understand the recasting, because he actually has a lot of talent, which shines now that he is getting the good writing. (Not to mention the fact he looks A LOT like Kendall!)

Speaking of which, Kendall finally got her answers, and Zach was right, she did not like what she heard. Kendall is going to realize that she only knows Zach in relation to her, the man who would lay down his life for her, and accept everything about her. That's the Zach she fell in love with (Jeez, that the Zach I fell in love with), but SHE is not going to be able to accept the dark side of HIM. How ironic is it that Zach's involvement with Madden's death actually had NOTHING to do with Dixie. It was all about his own father and his lost time with Ethan. I think I found that to be the most clever revelation of yesterday's episode.

So we still have a couple of unanswered questions, such as: what WERE J.R. and Jamie doing the night Madden disappeared? They had dirt on their pants, and they openly admitted to each other that their alibi of all night poker and fishing was a fake. And of course there is missing baby Kate. I was guessing that Emma was Kate a while back, but now, I'm not so sure. Annie has to have been keeping tabs on the Madden investigation, and must have heard about the details surrounding Dixie giving away her baby. Wouldn't she be smart enough to put two and two together and get the hell out of town if Emma was Kate? Of course, David must know the answer by now. He certainly did look smug in court. AH, I don't know, I just hope they don't string us along much longer.

And now we've got a new baby story with Krystal, Adam and Tad. There is no way Tad will let this pregnancy go without finding out the truth. Not after everything he has been through. Personally, I would love to see a Chandler pregnancy trifecta! Let's get Babe and Colby pregnant too! Colby would be the only one who actually knows who the father is!

Finally, I can't wait for Bianca's return. She is supposed to develop a relationship with a very unlikely person. One of the two is going to fall in love with the other. My guess: J.R. I think Bianca will befriend him after the fallout from Babe's affair. First, his fatherly feelings for Miranda will return, and then he will develop an idealized romantic interest in Bianca. Whether I am right about this or not, I do not think JR is going to last another year without a suicide attempt. That boy has got problems!

As usual, AMC has held true to the parent/child theme that has always made it compelling. I know the show has gotten some bad rap from many longtime fans recently, but I think it is a great show. Yes, some of the plots are a little out there, but it is a soap opera, and what makes these plots work is the believable dialogue and the incredible performances. I love All My Children.
    Last edited by JFlo; 10-04-2006 at 11:33 AM.
    Stay Gold, JFlo

"Craft Idea: Want to prevent a rerun of the Gulf of Tonkin off the coast of Iran? Just send Britney to the Strait of Hormuz and drop her on the Frigate USS Ingraham." Paparazzi As Unexploited Guardians of Democracy by Cintra Wilson [cintrawilson.com]

+ Reply to Thread