+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 149 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262767117 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: All My Children

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone View Post
    I am. Telling Kendall to just trust him is ridiculous. She of all people deserves to hear the truth from him. I liked him much better as Ian Thornhart on Port Charles.

You just reminded me how much I miss Port Charles

Quote Originally Posted by JFlo View Post
    Okay, I guess I understand why AMC did not want to air a regular episode on the 5th anniversary of 9/11, but really, what a snoozefest! Can I please have that hour of my life back?! Erica and Kendall's scenes were sweet, if overdone. They hit home for me, because I worry everyday about my daughter growing up in this world. And at least Jeff and Josh's scenes sort of moved the plot along. But I don't know what was worse, Julia and David's ridiculous sparring, the Fusion trio and their chocolate fondue, Jamie and Grampa Joe watching "the game" or Myrtle and Palmer's pointless conversation about Opal!!

Erin sort of acknowledged that it was September 11 (she said "today of all days..."). So does that mean that Colby had the audacity to have her ridiculous Sweet 16 on the 5th anniversary of our nation's greatest tragedy???
    I don't think AMC had much choice in playing a politically correct episode. I for one would have been offended if I had to have watched some soap opera "violence" or Colby's whining yesterday.

As much of a snoorefest it was, Erica's speech made it worth while for me. I know I'm lame but I got teary

Really glad to know that Lily wasn't raped! I don't know if I could have forgiven the writers for doing that!

Very proud of Jack for waking up and realizing he was wrong and Jonathon for forgiving him!

Wow! I just caught up with Friday and Monday's episodes last night. Those were some fine acting chops displayed there in those two episodes (with the exception of Derek, who is just a freakin' robot.)! So much pain, which I have to admit I love to watch when it is written and portrayed well.

Jonathan just about broke my heart when he cried with relief after hearing that Lily was not raped, and then when he had those tears in his eyes as he reminded Jackson that he had begged him to listen to what he had been saying about Lily. I have a feeling this may be the episode that Mr. Branson and his "people" will be submitting to the Television Academy for their consideration.

Every so often Miss Erica has a scene that just blows my mind. That monologue she had to Lily was unbelievable! It just goes to show you how long the writers had been neglecting Erica, now that she is starting to get some frontburner material again, she's once again starting to shine.

And then Zach!!! The anger he showed for being, so he claims, Pine Valley's "Sacrificial Lamb" was mindblowing. You sort of understand where he was coming from, he is dissappointed that Kendall does not trust him, he feels that as her husband, he should be taken at his word. But then Kendall walks in and explains where she is coming from, and there is no way you can blame her for not believing him! Those tears, as she asked him why he did not choose to be with her and Spike...Zach would have to be stone cold not to let that get to him. And it sure did get to him. Dixie is an enigma if ever I saw one live and breathe. The barbs traded between she and Kendall were spot on. Only good writing can make you see both sides like that.

Question to longtime AMC fans: Is Sean Montogomery Travis's son? Is he Bianca's half brother? What did he mean by "magic baby"? My thought was jealousy, envy of Bianca, but I don't know if I have my character history straight. Either way, that boy has got some problems! Here's hoping that he and the actress that plays Colby develop a little more acting talent to handle the more serious storylines they have coming their way.

Cheers to the writing staff for having the common sense to bring in another detective character to investigate Annie and Colby. Chief Frye can't handle EVERY case in Pine Valley, and Livia Frye can't defend all of them either! That's one crime riddled town, all of which being committed by the Chandler/Martin, Kane/Montgomery or Lavery families! It's too bad the actor playing the detective seems to be on horse tranquilizers or something. Are those acting choices he's making, or does he just plain bad?!

Jeers to the writing staff for not having the common sense to put Ryan in a hospital gown that tied in the back!!! The guy just had a gunshot wound to the shoulder and they put him in a hospital gown that you have to pull over your head to take off???? Do medical supply companies even make gowns like that??? That was just poor.

I can't wait to watch today's episode to see how Jonathan tries to bring Lily back. Maybe this will be his Emmy nominated episode.
    Stay Gold, JFlo

"Craft Idea: Want to prevent a rerun of the Gulf of Tonkin off the coast of Iran? Just send Britney to the Strait of Hormuz and drop her on the Frigate USS Ingraham." Paparazzi As Unexploited Guardians of Democracy by Cintra Wilson [cintrawilson.com]

Question to longtime AMC fans: Is Sean Montogomery Travis's son? Is he Bianca's half brother? What did he mean by "magic baby"?

If I am remembering correctly Sean was concieved because Barbara and Travis's first daughter "Molly" I think, had leukemia and they needed a bone marrow match as Bianca did not match.

Quote Originally Posted by JFlo View Post

Jonathan just about broke my heart when he cried with relief after hearing that Lily was not raped, and then when he had those tears in his eyes as he reminded Jackson that he had begged him to listen to what he had been saying about Lily. I have a feeling this may be the episode that Mr. Branson and his "people" will be submitting to the Television Academy for their consideration.
    I know! I loved this -- I love Jonathan's love for Lily but I do not think it will work out for them. I think he loves her but is not in love her, you know? I really think that he and Amanda have potential -- with the age difference and lily's disability, I think there is someone else for jon. what are your thoughts?

I too am glad that Lily was not raped -- yes the storyline is upsetting but I think they touch on a really important subject which is online predators...it is scary world out there but unfortunately, stories like these happen all the time. I have seen some stories on dateline -- sad world we live in.

What do you think is going to happen between Ryan and Kendall? Are they going to get back together?

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by laura302 View Post
    Question to longtime AMC fans: Is Sean Montogomery Travis's son? Is he Bianca's half brother? What did he mean by "magic baby"?

If I am remembering correctly Sean was concieved because Barbara and Travis's first daughter "Molly" I think, had leukemia and they needed a bone marrow match as Bianca did not match.
    I think that's right--it was when the whole conceiving a baby to save a baby controversy was hot. And it broke up Travis and Erika's marriage because he hid what they were doing from her as I recall. Also maybe there was some stuff going on ... that is, doctors/turkey basters weren't used in the end I think, but old fashioned "natural" conception process.

Loved seeing Babe get busted this afternoon by Josh -- how funny was that? Do you think JR is going to believe her when she tells him that she heard Babe telling her mom that she cheated on him?

And what is going on with Amanda and Jonathan? I am secretly liking it

Benjamin Franklin.

You mean Colby getting busted?? Yes I was waiting for her to get caught.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

yes, I mean Colby -- loved it. Can't wait till today -- do you think JR will believe her?

Benjamin Franklin.

+ Reply to Thread