+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 149 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252666116 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: All My Children

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chorita KaBoom View Post
    So along with the new hand-held camera technique, we also have the MMM (Mandatory Musical Montage). Every episode. Twice today. I don't mind it occasionally, but now it's all the time. It just seems like the writers can't write enough to fill the 40-45 minutes of air time.
    My thoughts exactly. After putting up with a lot of crap over the years I've about had it. TWO montages in the same show? What's the point of watching. I can get the cliff notes and be just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Chorita KaBoom View Post
    Another thing, if their gonna do the handheld thing, why don't they just go all the way, shoot on DV, scrub it and have it come out looking like film instead of video.
    I believe they already did some of that when Confusion opened.

Just one more reason to abandon this show after over a quarter century of viewing.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl View Post
    Am I the only one who's getting sick and tired of these spoiled, selfish little twerps on these shows??? I mean, Colby on AMC, Maxie on GH and let me see...I can't really think of one on OLTL..Oh wait, yeah I can. STARR! God! Enough already! No more spoiled little brats! I just want to put them all in a room and punch them all!
    I agree completely, I dont like these characters, but Im sure they keep them around so that when the older generations go, i assume the younger ones will take their places, they're just now developing their character traits and personality... Maxie character, as we all see, will definitely be a firecracker...

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl View Post
    I found myself getting choked up right along with Kendall today and Josh when he was finally let out of the coffin and just sat there holding Babe.
    Can someone give me a summary? I didn't catch yesterday's episode.... so did Josh somehow get locked up in the coffin that he built? Did he lock himself in there?

What happened? thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    Can someone give me a summary? I didn't catch yesterday's episode.... so did Josh somehow get locked up in the coffin that he built? Did he lock himself in there?

What happened? thanks!!
    Josh wanted to experience what his father must've felt being trapped in the coffin so he asked Babe to nail him in. After a while (not really sure how much time actually went by between scenes), he started panicking and screaming at Babe that he couldn't breathe and to get him out. Babe took the nails out and opened the coffin. Josh started crying saying that nobody deserved that and Babe just sat holding him. Kendall kicked Zach out of the office and then went to Tad. She asked him if he really saw Tad and Dixie with Greg's body. Tad told her he did and she collapsed in tears. JR told Dell that thanks to him and Di keeping Tad from leaving that now Tad's going to testify against Dixie. Umm...I can't think of any other major stuff that happened other than JR suspects that there's more going on with Babe and Josh than just business.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Recap for today: Di tried to get Zach to convince Dixie to leave the country. Josh asked Kendall to back off of Babe. The spoiled princesses began their day of pampering for their sweet 16 parties. (Colby and Sydney) Lily finalized plans to meet her on-line friend (who unbeknownst to her is Terry) and convinced Jack that she is going to Colby's party with Sean. Zach told Di that he and Kendall are through and Kendall told Josh the same thing when he threatened to tell the cops that Zach's alibi's a lie.
    JR tried to set Colby straight and Kendall continued to give Babe the cold shoulder.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Aww poor Lily. I feel so sorry for her -- what do you think is going to happen? Do you think Jonathan will rescue her?

And did yall see Jesse McCartney on Friday? How fun was it to see him not on as JR and on as himself -- weird, huh?

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    Aww poor Lily. I feel so sorry for her -- what do you think is going to happen? Do you think Jonathan will rescue her?

And did yall see Jesse McCartney on Friday? How fun was it to see him not on as JR and on as himself -- weird, huh?
    According to the latest issue of SOD:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Jack and Aidan will go searching for Lily, Ryan tells Jonathan about it just as Jonathan is finishing making love to AMANDA!!!! Jack will refuse to accept Jonathan's help but Jonathan still gets there before Jack. By the time Jack arrives on the scene, he will see Jonathan standing over Terry's body. Jonathan is going to riddle Terry with bullets.

Click to see Spoiler:
    ohhh sounds good, I still hate Amanda's character's guts...even though im not much of a Babe fan, what she did to her was bleh! I'm highly anticipating Bianca's return to the show! whenever that will be...

Okay, I guess I understand why AMC did not want to air a regular episode on the 5th anniversary of 9/11, but really, what a snoozefest! Can I please have that hour of my life back?! Erica and Kendall's scenes were sweet, if overdone. They hit home for me, because I worry everyday about my daughter growing up in this world. And at least Jeff and Josh's scenes sort of moved the plot along. But I don't know what was worse, Julia and David's ridiculous sparring, the Fusion trio and their chocolate fondue, Jamie and Grampa Joe watching "the game" or Myrtle and Palmer's pointless conversation about Opal!!

Erin sort of acknowledged that it was September 11 (she said "today of all days..."). So does that mean that Colby had the audacity to have her ridiculous Sweet 16 on the 5th anniversary of our nation's greatest tragedy???
    Stay Gold, JFlo

"Craft Idea: Want to prevent a rerun of the Gulf of Tonkin off the coast of Iran? Just send Britney to the Strait of Hormuz and drop her on the Frigate USS Ingraham." Paparazzi As Unexploited Guardians of Democracy by Cintra Wilson [cintrawilson.com]

Quote Originally Posted by JFlo View Post
    Erin sort of acknowledged that it was September 11 (she said "today of all days..."). So does that mean that Colby had the audacity to have her ridiculous Sweet 16 on the 5th anniversary of our nation's greatest tragedy???
    Nah... Colby and Sydney's party scenes were airing Friday, so I'd imagine that that was considered the weekend before.

OLTL had only a quickie mention of the date, too. I didn't notice GH having one... at least not yet. I'm watching it as we speak.

+ Reply to Thread